Mozgov + Burke For Terrence Jones?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Mozgov + Burke For Terrence Jones? 

Post#1 » by Anatomize » Tue Nov 4, 2014 7:57 am

12 man H2H standard 9 cat, no idea whether the Terrence Jones owner will accept this or not, but I've been juggling the idea of sending this trade offer over.

I really thought Trey would break out, it could still be a buy-low opportunity for another owner, but he seems to have a really hard time scoring at the NBA level. On the other hand, Shaw just doesn't seem to want to unleash Mozgov on regular 30 min PT. The guy averaged 16/9 post break last year on ridiculous %'s; it's really too bad. Now that McGee is back, a timeshare is looming. This concerns me.

What are your thoughts on this trade? (I'd pick up someone like Aaron Brooks or Shane Larkin to duplicate some mini PG stats in the meanwhile)
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Re: Mozgov + Burke For Terrence Jones? 

Post#2 » by rocketsballin » Tue Nov 4, 2014 8:53 am

probably wont go for it but try it anyway. jones is killing it for rockets and if that 3pt shot doesnt fade away like last season he's easily a top 30 fantasy player. one of the rare bigs who can get a block/steal/three trio, and he does it w/o killng his fg%. u should try to get him fast for cheap.
sweet_jesus
Bench Warmer
And1: 148

Re: Mozgov + Burke For Terrence Jones? 

Post#3 » by sweet_jesus » Wed Nov 5, 2014 1:06 am

I'm all for the doesn't hurt to ask philosophy but you are could easily offend the owner with that offer. When you send an offer like that, hoping he's an idiot you loose credibility as an owner.

You are asking for a guy that finished last year as a top 60's, sixth rd pick, someone that was drafted in the 7th-8th rd in most drafts and is currently posting top 40 value. All for two late 12-13th rd picks one that underachieving compared to his pre-season play and the other who could easily be considered dropable for someone like Ed Davis.

Plus you have to factor in he has to drop another player to make room for your 2. There's no way in a 12 man league that his worse player is so bad he wants to drop him for Mozgov's potential.

Return to Fantasy Basketball