I have 4 Raptors on my team now; Am I doing it wrong?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

The Goonibomber
Sophomore
And1: 96

I have 4 Raptors on my team now; Am I doing it wrong? 

Post#1 » by The Goonibomber » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:37 am

This is my 2nd year of playing fantasy basketball, so I'm not too familiar with the championship recipe. I know that holding a bunch of guys from the same football team isn't too smart. However, with more starting positions, and more points being able to be split up between teammates in basketball (its head-to-head, total fantasy points based scoring), I didn't see any harm in the experiment. I'm 2-2 now, with this as my roster in a 12 team league:

PG-K. Lowry
SG-L. Stephenson
SF-K. Thompson
PF-K. Love
C-A. Jefferson
G/F-N. Batum
UT-G. Monroe
UT-J. Valanciunas

BENCH

Terrance Ross
Kyle Korver
Enes Kanter
Mirza Teletovic
and my newest member of the Raptor Pack, Lou Williams

Should I drop my bench Raptors and not rely on the same team so much? My thought was try and package my non-Klay wings and a big to upgrade at G/F. Any help is appreciated.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,269

Re: I have 4 Raptors on my team now; Am I doing it wrong? 

Post#2 » by Yuri Vaultin » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:45 pm

If you make the play-offs in your league - your team will be well situated given all the games the players on your team have (with the exception of Love).
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
B_BallReasons
Junior
And1: 161

Post#3 » by B_BallReasons » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:40 pm

You are doing it right. Assuming your league has the standard weeks 21-23 for the playoffs, the Raptors play 4,3,4 in those three weeks which is about as good as you can get for the playoffs. Keep them unless better players become available.
sweet_jesus
Bench Warmer
And1: 148

Post#4 » by sweet_jesus » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:54 am

The only issue you'll run into is scheduling on certain days. With 4 of your 10 roster spots filled with Raps there will be days were you might be wasting games when 20-24 teams are playing. It's never too early to look at your playoff schedule and see if you are getting the most games you can start during those weeks.

For the most part fantasy relevant players don't step on each teammate's toes. You'll be able to figure out pretty quick if you run into an issue like Lou has good games when Ross has bad or vice versa. Most cases you won't have that issue until you get deeper into the bench.

Return to Fantasy Basketball