Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

BJGOAT3
Rookie
And1: 362

Time to drop Noel? 

Post#1 » by BJGOAT3 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:27 pm

I wasted a 6th round pick on this guy :banghead: :banghead:

I know he still has upside and its still early but I need to get better asap. Would you guy suggest dropping him for someone like Speigths or Mirotic?
mvardakis425
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: Time to drop Noel? 

Post#2 » by mvardakis425 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:41 pm

I would rather have Noel over those two. He is frustrating to own, but he still gets 30+ minutes a game giving him much more upside over the 15-20 min a night that Speights and Mirotic get.
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#3 » by rocketsballin » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:49 pm

not for those guys. cant u drop someone else? who are ur wosrt players

his last 5 games he's avg 7/6 1.4blk 1.2stl 67ft% , those aren't terrible nubmers at all for a big. the fg% takes a dip but he's a rookie he supposed to do that. he's going throug a shooting slump but still giving you value. everyone goes through slumps. he has a lot of upside esp late in the season when they try to upset playoff teams
BJGOAT3
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#4 » by BJGOAT3 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:54 am

Thanks for the replies guys.

I think my desire to disown him primarily comes from his draft position. He gives nice steals and good rate of block which were the main reasons why I picked him up. His rebounding has been frustrating and he easily gets bullied against any other front court in the NBA which is concerning to me.

Some other players in the waiver wire are: Eric Gordon, Avery Bradley, Jameer Nelson, Marcus Morris, Iman Shumpert, Anthony Morrow, Steven Adams, Bogdanovic and Gary Neal. Not the best crop of FA's there as you may imagine :D I am also looking for realistic trade targets but I can't find any.
B_BallReasons
Junior
And1: 161

Post#5 » by B_BallReasons » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:54 am

Even with his inconsistency I wouldn't drop him for the guys mentioned. I have him too in a few leagues and his production can be frustrating but if those are your best options it's best to hold on or look into trading for someone looking for big man cats.
hoopnharm
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#6 » by hoopnharm » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:00 pm

I dunno how the rest of your team is set-up but defensive stats are the rarest and it looks like noel's averages in those departments are solid, thus making him worth owning imo
hoopnharm
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#7 » by hoopnharm » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:01 pm

I dunno how the rest of your team is set-up but defensive stats are the rarest and it looks like noel's averages in those departments are solid, thus making him worth owning imo

Return to Fantasy Basketball