Need help with Dynasty league

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Travcoss
Ballboy
And1: 0

Need help with Dynasty league 

Post#1 » by Travcoss » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:56 pm

I have created a 11 team h2h Dynasty League. We are Using Rotowires values, 200 cap limit.

We are using Espn, and have the cap numbers on a google doc. I want to move my league to a site that will track the cap for me next yr.

I also had some ideas. I wanted to add contracts to the league as well. For example, You have five 3 year contracts (max deals) Five 2 year contracts and unlimited 1 yr deals. This would bring the Free agent market into effect that I am really excited about So for example if you take the thunder a while back. You have WestBrook and Durant locked up to Max deals. Harden is now a free agent, you have no more max deals to give out bc you have used them all. So you sign him to a 2 yr deal. But another team has a max deal to use and steals him from your team. I hope I am making sense.

I just dont know that a site could do this for me. Or if this contract thing is a good idea, Id really just want to make sure the cap figures we use stay the same for at least 3 years. So MCW will stay $11 for 3 yrs. Then after the 3 yrs is up whatever his value is then you would adjust your cap accordingly.

With the contracts and salary I am not sure how Cap penalties come into effect. If I would drop someone like a Lin whos $17. Do I take the 17 hit til the end of his deal? or just to the end of the season?
Travcoss
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Need help with Dynasty league 

Post#2 » by Travcoss » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:08 pm

I understand also with the addition of contracts and salary, the ADD DROP game will not be feasible. I dont want this to happen. The Add Drop game is crucial in my league. So, I thought about 10 Day contracts. The same way it works in the nba.

Trading needs to be within 25% of cap number. Thats something thats already in place.

Return to Fantasy Basketball