Should I drop Lance Stephenson and Josh Smith

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Mavsfan2011
Ballboy
And1: 0

Should I drop Lance Stephenson and Josh Smith 

Post#1 » by Mavsfan2011 » Wed Jan 7, 2015 1:06 am

It's going to be tough to sell them and get a good trade but they also have upside potential to just drop!! its killing me lol
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Re: Should I drop Lance Stephenson and Josh Smith 

Post#2 » by HornetJail » Wed Jan 7, 2015 1:10 am

Lance has been hurt. Should be back before too long. He was a stat sheet stuffer even when he was nowhere close to 100%. I definitely wouldn't drop Lance, though I think he's on the shelf at least another week with his injury. Smith is maybe the least predictable player in the league.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
jon33km
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by jon33km » Wed Jan 7, 2015 3:19 am

Yeah drop Smith... He aint the same and his past team is doing so much better without him haha
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#4 » by Doormatt » Thu Jan 8, 2015 5:13 am

BizGilwalker wrote:Lance has been hurt. Should be back before too long. He was a stat sheet stuffer even when he was nowhere close to 100%. I definitely wouldn't drop Lance, though I think he's on the shelf at least another week with his injury. Smith is maybe the least predictable player in the league.

lance stephenson is a garbage fantasy player. no defensive stats, no threes, and poor %. hes nothing but counting stats and those really arent that valuable when you factor in that he gives you nothing else. the only reason he had borderline top 100 value last year was because he was hitting 1 three a game.

he was droppable even when he was healthy since he wasnt even putting up top 250 value, the injury was just even more reason to not own him.
#doorgek
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#5 » by HornetJail » Thu Jan 8, 2015 5:21 am

Doormatt wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:Lance has been hurt. Should be back before too long. He was a stat sheet stuffer even when he was nowhere close to 100%. I definitely wouldn't drop Lance, though I think he's on the shelf at least another week with his injury. Smith is maybe the least predictable player in the league.

lance stephenson is a garbage fantasy player. no defensive stats, no threes, and poor %. hes nothing but counting stats and those really arent that valuable when you factor in that he gives you nothing else.

he was droppable even when he was healthy since he wasnt even putting up top 250 value, the injury was just even more reason to not own him.

he hasn't been healthy all year and his shot was out of whack.

he shot nearly 50% from the field last year, made 86 threes on 35%,averaged 13.8/7.2/4.6 and only missed 4 games a year ago. The blocks, steals, and turnovers, certainly aren't appealing, but they shouldn't be turn-offs. There are plenty of reasons to believe that Lance should regain most of what he showed last year (which I've gone on about a million times all over RealGM) once he re-joins the Hornets. You must be playing in a very shallow league if Stephenson is droppable.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#6 » by Doormatt » Thu Jan 8, 2015 5:29 am

BizGilwalker wrote:he hasn't been healthy all year and his shot was out of whack.

he shot nearly 50% from the field last year, made 86 threes on 35%,averaged 13.8/7.2/4.6 and only missed 4 games a year ago. The blocks, steals, and turnovers, certainly aren't appealing, but they shouldn't be turn-offs. There are plenty of reasons to believe that Lance should regain most of what he showed last year (which I've gone on about a million times all over RealGM) once he re-joins the Hornets. You must be playing in a very shallow league if Stephenson is droppable.

no im just in a good league with players that know what they are doing. in 12 team leagues (which is all i play), hes not worth owning. hes not even putting up top 250 value, hes a 2 cat player that hurts you in % and turnovers, in what world do you stash that kind of player?

last season everything went right for lance, he had a breakout season on a team he was comfortable with and he STILL did not put up top 100 value. hes not a bad play if you really need counting stats and dont mind the lack of 3s/defense, but theres plenty of players like that on the WW that you can stream.

basically even when everything goes right for lance his upside is limited, i dont see any reason to own him when hes injured and having an awful season.
#doorgek

Return to Fantasy Basketball