Is Fanduel rigged?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Is Fanduel rigged? 

Post#1 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:48 am

I've been actively playing fanduel since September. I see the same thing some times these guys will have 2 scrubs for $3500 min and get 35 points, is suspect that the company is cheating. I had a game tonight in a large $1 league the with 86,000 entries. I tried to post a link but It didn't work. :banghead:

Look at the 4th thur 8th place teams owned by shortsharpshock all 5 teams identical. Why would someone be so sure of a team as to play 5 entries that were the exact same team? How is he so sure that Jordan Hill is gonna be the top center? He costs $5500 for a reason. Tonight he got 48.9 game points. This guys shortsharpshock has only been playing since Oct 2014 and shows 5569 NBA wins in that short time. That would require dozens of entries every night of the basketball season. Link below.

https://www.fanduel.com/users/shortsharpshock" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

The winner of the contest I played in was Bubbafrancis picked a pair of scrubs $3700 Jordan Clarkson of the Lakers and Jerrod Dudley of Milw who was $4400 and he also happened to have jordan hill.

I found a thread on Rotogrinders.com about a player called Condia, the posters there think condia's lineup are being changed after the games are in progress.

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/condia ... -50-217383" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Re: Is Fanduel rigged? 

Post#2 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:54 am

This looks mighty suspect to me. How can a player win 5569 contests in 1/2 a season? Now these are not necessarily 1st place finishes but winning money on so many entries suggest there's a fix in. I don't know how many times this NBA season I've had an entry or 2 and had a guy get hurt in the first quarter of the game. 7-8 at least. If I pick 5 teams the same then all 5 get whacked by the injury!! If I pick a low priced scrub for $3500 I normally get 6-8 game points not 35.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#3 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:03 am

I think I'm gonna withdraw my money from fanduel.com
CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,801

Post#4 » by CoreyVillains » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:10 pm

You have to make educated guesses on which players are flying under the radar getting minutes for a cheap salary and use those low salary value guys with the high salary plays. I took Clarkson and Ellington last night and got over 60 points out of them. I dont know if its rigged but when you get the hang of the daily thing, you become less shocked when a scrub you havent been paying attention too starts putting up good fantasy value.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#5 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:03 pm

FreeKobe wrote:You have to make educated guesses on which players are flying under the radar getting minutes for a cheap salary and use those low salary value guys with the high salary plays. I took Clarkson and Ellington last night and got over 60 points out of them. I dont know if its rigged but when you get the hang of the daily thing, you become less shocked when a scrub you havent been paying attention too starts putting up good fantasy value.

Ok I get that but would you play 5 entries in the same league/contest with the same line up? Were you so sure that those two guys would give you good production that you put them on all 5 teams? A smart play would be to have slight variations in the line up to account for the guy not playing coaches decision or getting hurt in the 1st 1/4 which has happened to me many times including a few days ago when Aldridge went out with his thumb injury. I was in 28th place and climbing in a late night game when that happened. I end up in the middle of the pack. I had Westbrook the night he got 2 techs with 7 seconds left in the 1st half. He got tossed, and I ended up not winning a dime. These things happen so why play 4-5 idential teams.

That player shortsharpshock has won 5569 contests in 90 days that's more than 60 per night. So he's in 60 contest or more ever night and wins money in them? He never picks a guy like Aldridge who gets hurt early in the game. Or a guy who gets tossed in the first quarter? Nobody is that good.

I think there is someone inside at fanduel who is setting up multiple teams then using their Admin power to go into the team at the 3nd of the 3rd quarter of the late games and make changes in those games They then shoot to the top and win money, skimming off the top prizes. I can't prove it. But that's what I suspect. It would be too easy. And I may be rigged at the company level, doing that would mean a huge increase in the profits of the owners of Fanduel. :o
CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,801

Post#6 » by CoreyVillains » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:58 am

Yea I played that lineup 3 times. Obviously sometimes injuries happen, but most of the time if you have a strong enough line up you can still be competitive. And a lot of these guys do head to heads against a ton of people every night, so they accumulate a lot of victories that way. Most people wont get rich off these sites, but if you play smart you can hit big one night.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#7 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:50 am

FreeKobe wrote:Yea I played that lineup 3 times. Obviously sometimes injuries happen, but most of the time if you have a strong enough line up you can still be competitive. And a lot of these guys do head to heads against a ton of people every night, so they accumulate a lot of victories that way. Most people wont get rich off these sites, but if you play smart you can hit big one night.

Why would you play the same line up in the the same contest more then once? I can see playing in a $1 contest and a $2 dollar contest, maybe playing the same line up in a $5 and or a $25 game but why play 5-6 entries in a $1 game with the same exact line up. It makes no sense. One rolled ankle and you're screwed on all 5, one ejection, one last minute scratch from the game like DeMarre Carroll of ATL was scratched right before game time. WTF!!! If you had him all your teams in the same game then you lose on him you get a GD Goose egg!! The coach just decides to rest the starters and doesn't announce it till game time! NICE!! You're screwed. But not if someone on the Admin level is changing your line up and adding a highly productive player.
TheExpat
Pro Prospect
And1: 128

Post#8 » by TheExpat » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:46 pm

They already make an absolute killing. 10% off the top? Holy smokes.

I would suggest it is silly to trust anyone who runs a sports gambling site... but for them to run the risk of getting caught rigging when they are have that kind of revenue would be pretty dumb
- Man is something that must be surpassed. Nietzsche

Return to Fantasy Basketball