Whiteside for Kevin Love

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

hornacek4three
Freshman
And1: 17

Whiteside for Kevin Love 

Post#1 » by hornacek4three » Fri Feb 6, 2015 2:35 pm

Someone offered me Kevin Love for Whiteside. I'm torn here. I love what Whiteside is doing, but is it sustainable? I haven't seen enough of him.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Re: Whiteside for Kevin Love 

Post#2 » by Kabookalu » Fri Feb 6, 2015 11:49 pm

Kevin Love has the worst playoff schedule in the league. Whiteside has the best.

For that alone I say no. I don't think this is some hot streak he's having, his footwork around the rim is just really good and he's fundamentally sound. And he's been getting better every game.
Read on Twitter
BrotoNBA
Freshman
And1: 80

Post#3 » by BrotoNBA » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:33 am

Holy crap I would jump on that ASAP. I don't know much about playoff schedules, but seriously, can Whiteside really sustain this? I doubt he is the seconding coming of Shaq.
F1uxCapacit0r
Sixth Man
And1: 209

Post#4 » by F1uxCapacit0r » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:31 am

As choker said playoff schedule plays a big factor. It does also depend on who else is on your team and what the settings are. White side is elite with blocks and boards but love is a great rebounder as we'll and cranks 3s.

You could probably trade love for more if you were looking to flip him
sweet_jesus
Bench Warmer
And1: 148

Post#5 » by sweet_jesus » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:22 am

If you were positive you could flip Love again I would take it. But you'd have to be in an active enough league that makes tons of trades or one that isn't competitive enough to take playoff schedule into consideration.

It's risky because you could get stuck with Love but at the cost of a guy who was a unknown FA a month and a half ago it's worth it.
GrapeApe
Pro Prospect
And1: 14

Post#6 » by GrapeApe » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:57 pm

sweet_jesus wrote:If you were positive you could flip Love again I would take it. But you'd have to be in an active enough league that makes tons of trades or one that isn't competitive enough to take playoff schedule into consideration.

It's risky because you could get stuck with Love but at the cost of a guy who was a unknown FA a month and a half ago it's worth it.

It sounds funny for someone to say that.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,837

Post#7 » by Domejandro » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:57 pm

I believe you would be wise to do that, but if you feel Whiteside is not going to cool off, then it is your call.
young_frogger
Rookie
And1: 965

Post#8 » by young_frogger » Sat Mar 7, 2015 12:03 am

Keep God$ide bro. Blocks>3 pointers plus...he's a BEAAAAST!!! Kevin Love's days of getting 25+ rebounds are over.
Carry On My Hayward Son

Return to Fantasy Basketball