Irving or George

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Irving or George 

Post#1 » by Moooose » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:05 am

Just curious as these two top tier players are now sliding into the 3rd rounds of standard drafts.

Who would you take first, an injured Irving who will be out until January, or a kind-of-healthy Paul George with a scary past, but is ready to start the year?
JohnWall2
Junior
And1: 249

Re: Irving or George 

Post#2 » by JohnWall2 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:51 am

Depends how quickly Irving will be available. Is he really out till January?

If he is then you have to roll with George imo but both are risks obviously. We don't know how close to his old self George can yet, that's yet to be confirmed and it might be a while till we find out.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#3 » by Moooose » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:17 am

JohnWall2 wrote:Depends how quickly Irving will be available. Is he really out till January?

If he is then you have to roll with George imo but both are risks obviously. We don't know how close to his old self George can yet, that's yet to be confirmed and it might be a while till we find out.

Reports are saying Irving COULD be out til January. But even if he comes back earlier, I think he'll be in a minutes restriction for quite some time. I'm just not sure on how will George produce at the PF spot. And I really see him going to rely on spot up threes rather than attacking the basket.

I am personally leaning towards George but not on the first 3 rounds. Irving, if he slips past the 2nd, maybe I'd grab him.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:56 pm

I would easily take George. Wasn't this guy consensus first rounder going into last season before the injury?
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,305

Post#5 » by Bank Shot » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:50 am

I lean towards George but I expect Kyrie to be the better per game player. Both have one top-12 finish and another second round value finish. I prefer George because I worry about the Cavs resting their big guns down the stretch. There's already been talk about it and assuming ATL falls off, they could have the East wrapped up pretty early. Personally I'm going after JR and Mo Will everywhere I can.

Return to Fantasy Basketball