whos this years Jimmy Butler/Draymond Green?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

whos this years Jimmy Butler/Draymond Green? 

Post#1 » by Dominator83 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:51 pm

Last year I actually had both :D. Question to my fellow fantasy players is who you guys got for this year? I was actually thinking MKG would potentiall make that leap this year but he's hurt no so so much for that. Thinking guys like Otto Porter, KCP, Demarre Carroll to name a few possibilities.

Who do you guy think might be the diamonds in the rough?
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,522

Re: whos this years Jimmy Butler/Draymond Green? 

Post#2 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:39 pm

Nikola Mirotic - Not going out on a huge limb here but I think he has the chance to blow up this year, in real life more than fantasy, but could still be good

Meyers Leonard - Opportunity is there for Portland and if he can keep up 50%/85%+ %s on a higher volume could make him a pretty big asset in addition to his 3s and pts/rebs

John Jenkins - Not very multidimensional, but Dallas will be banged up on the wing all year, this guy could end up getting tons of minutes and tons of 3s

Marcus Smart - Could be a weak fantasy player this year, but wouldn't mind having him for a few weeks and then dropping if it doesn't work, just for the chance he turns into a guy with an awesome combo of 3s, steals, rebound and assists and gets his %s on track
sngm
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#3 » by sngm » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:39 am

CJ
MEYER
OTTOR
SaintofKillers
Assistant Coach
And1: 506

Post#4 » by SaintofKillers » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:11 am

Okay, I keep hearing Otto Porter's name come up as a potential breakout candidate. How so?

(serious question)
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#5 » by El Turco » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:12 am

he took over the sf position and had impressive postseason last year
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#6 » by Dominator83 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:35 am

SaintofKillers wrote:Okay, I keep hearing Otto Porter's name come up as a potential breakout candidate. How so?

(serious question)

A lot of it is by virtue of getting a lot more PT now with Pierce gone along with the fact that he can do it little bit of everything. Now I don't think he'll make a Jimmy Butler leap, but I do think he will be great considering the cost. He will easily outperform his ADP by far

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
deano the p
Junior
And1: 63

Post#7 » by deano the p » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:47 am

T.Jones should jump up a fair bit this year IMO.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#8 » by Prez » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:45 am

I would keep an eye on CJ McCollum. Dude looks like he's in for a breakout year, should put up numbers.
slimkaka
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#9 » by slimkaka » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:36 am

Milbuck wrote:I would keep an eye on CJ McCollum. Dude looks like he's in for a breakout year, should put up numbers.

With awful FG :cry: :cry: :cry:
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#10 » by Moooose » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:00 am

Milbuck wrote:I would keep an eye on CJ McCollum. Dude looks like he's in for a breakout year, should put up numbers.

I see CJ McCollum as an Avery Bradley in the making if he's not going to be a playmaker somehow. Small SG with too little assists.
Crabman
Banned User
And1: 146

Post#11 » by Crabman » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:57 pm

Evan Fournier is finally going to get noticed IMO. Skiles has made it clear he likes Fournier ever since his first interview as head coach. Fournier can shoot, pass, play solid defense, and get to the basket and finish. I've been high on Fournier since his rookie year, and I feel he's going to put it all together this season.
rubiovision
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#12 » by rubiovision » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:36 pm

I think Hayward, Parsons and Reggie Jackson are soon to be stars, a lot of improvement will be seen in Valanciunas and Bledsoe, I think.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,597

Post#13 » by Asianiac_24 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:59 am

Jordan Clarkson looks really good in the second half of the season. Another one is Jeremy Lin, he looks amazing thus far in pre-season.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#14 » by Dominator83 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:05 pm

Asianiac_24 wrote:Jordan Clarkson looks really good in the second half of the season. Another one is Jeremy Lin, he looks amazing thus far in pre-season.

I grabbed Clarkson in the 11th round. Love the potential value there. All the hype is around Russell but I think it's Clarkson that will put the bigger numbers up.

Also got Jesuf Nurkic in the 12th round. He's another big sleeper candidate. Last year he was putting up good numbers in limited minutes. Biggest problem was foul trouble, which is common with rookies, especially bigs

Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#15 » by Illmatic12 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:23 pm

SaintofKillers wrote:Okay, I keep hearing Otto Porter's name come up as a potential breakout candidate. How so?

(serious question)

Porter was a #3 overall pick who didn't play early on in his career because of injuries, and the fact there were a lot of vets ahead of him in the rotation who were favored by the coaches.

After Pierce's departure and his own strong playoffs there is no one standing in Porter's way, he is going to play a ton of minutes (will probably lead the Wiz in mpg) because of his versatility and length on the floor. His presence also allows the Wiz to play more uptempo than they could with Pierce, and Otto is able to shoot an efficient fg% because he works so well off of John Wall (who creates a lot of looks in transition and open threes). He contributes in other cats as well, above average rebounder due to his 7'2 wingspan and he gets assists, blocks, steals.

He's not about to break out to the degree Butler did. But think of him as this year's Demarre Carroll, or Trevor Ariza from two years ago. I would project a line of - 13ppg/7rpg/2apg/1bpg/1spg on 47/37/75 in 36mpg. For a 22yo player who many people think is a 'Shaqtin a Fool' klutz or a busted #3 pick, now is the time to buy his stock because those opinions will soon be proven wrong when the season starts.

But from the Wiz, I think Bradley Beal is more likely to make that 'Jimmy Butler-esque' leap to being an All-Star - he's betting on himself for a max contract just like Butler last year. Beal averaged 23/5/5 last postseason so the talent is there to do big things in the league, it's just a matter of him staying fully healthy.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,597

Post#16 » by Asianiac_24 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:19 pm

Dominater wrote:
Asianiac_24 wrote:Jordan Clarkson looks really good in the second half of the season. Another one is Jeremy Lin, he looks amazing thus far in pre-season.

I grabbed Clarkson in the 11th round. Love the potential value there. All the hype is around Russell but I think it's Clarkson that will put the bigger numbers up.

Also got Jesuf Nurkic in the 12th round. He's another big sleeper candidate. Last year he was putting up good numbers in limited minutes. Biggest problem was foul trouble, which is common with rookies, especially bigs

I was outbid by a Laker fan for Clarkson, but I got Nurkic for $1 and Porter for $2 so I'm pretty happy with that. I also think Julius Randle could put up a nice 12/8/3 on 50+ FG%, he looks great in the pre-season thus far.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,309

Post#17 » by DrCoach » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:13 am

Stanley Johnson if he gets enough minutes
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#18 » by Kabookalu » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:10 pm

Nurkic could be a Whiteside/Gobert breakout, as long as he stops settling for rushed flip shots that killed his FG%.

Meyers Leonard could be what Spencer Hawes was a couple years ago, a double double big man that got you a ton of 3's.
Read on Twitter
FreakMaster
Bench Warmer
And1: 290

Post#19 » by FreakMaster » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:02 am

I'd look at Kris Middleton, Reggie Jackson, CJ McCullough, or Stanley Johnson
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,976

Post#20 » by PerkinsFor3 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:45 am

Fournier, Barton.

Return to Fantasy Basketball