Tyler Johnson or Robert Covington

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Tyler Johnson or Robert Covington 

Post#1 » by jonny three time » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:29 am

I'm in a deep league and am really intrigues by Tyler Johnson, especially since I have Dragic and he's stunk up the building all year. The worst or least valuable player on my team is Covington, but now that he's healthy he'll be scooped off of waivers for sure after his season last year.

So is Johnson legit? Can he get enough minutes and touches on that team? Can Covington be even better than he was last year. I know the numbers but I'd like input on people who know their games.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Re: Tyler Johnson or Robert Covington 

Post#2 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:09 am

Not really sold on either, Covington has a higher ceiling but may have the Sixers stink on him, and TJ is probably a better real life player than fantasy player right now and needs to keep up these %s to be worth it. I'd probably wait a few more weeks with Covington of these two options
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#3 » by Moooose » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:51 am

Just to answer your question, I'd go for Covington over Tyler Johnson just because I do not see Tyler Johnson getting better as he is now. Dragic will eventually gather his form.

Covington's stock will get better as the season progresses and as he recovers from his injury. He is projected to play most minutes at SF for Philly and like last year, we was a good per-minute guy.

If you need immediate help and could not wait for a week or so, then adding Johnson would be justifiable. But in the long run, Covington will catch up and produce better overall.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#4 » by DrCoach » Tue Dec 1, 2015 5:00 pm

Covington, quickly
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#5 » by Illmatic12 » Tue Dec 1, 2015 9:24 pm

Covington for sure, he will have a consistent starters' role/minutes.

Johnson is a reserve guy who's starting to play his way into minutes, but by no means is guaranteed consistent production.

Return to Fantasy Basketball