Is this a good trade?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Is this a good trade? 

Post#1 » by Revived » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:15 am

I got offered Chris Paul for Melo & Ellis in my league.

Ellis has been awful for me while Melo has highly inefficient but still producing at a good level. Thing with Melo is injuries and I worry about that.

League is a 10 player h2h league with pts, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals. FG% and FT% being the scoring system.

Should I pull the trigger and bring CP3 in?
NeoDragonKnight
Starter
And1: 2,578

Re: Is this a good trade? 

Post#2 » by NeoDragonKnight » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:02 pm

What replacement do you have for Melo's position if you make the trade? since it is a 2 for 1 it is hard to tell as you need to pick up an additional player off the wire. Chris Paul is far superior or equal to Ellis almost in all catagories, even in steals. If you can fill in a bit of stats on your roster where Melo is (PF?) then I would do it. Paul is a top 10 player. Melo can be damn good but its hard to say because him missing games here and there actually hurts a lot. So it all depends on who your new PF is and then compare the output with Paul vs what you get from Melo and Ellis, just my opinion.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#3 » by Revived » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:43 pm

NeoDragonKnight wrote:What replacement do you have for Melo's position if you make the trade? since it is a 2 for 1 it is hard to tell as you need to pick up an additional player off the wire. Chris Paul is far superior or equal to Ellis almost in all catagories, even in steals. If you can fill in a bit of stats on your roster where Melo is (PF?) then I would do it. Paul is a top 10 player. Melo can be damn good but its hard to say because him missing games here and there actually hurts a lot. So it all depends on who your new PF is and then compare the output with Paul vs what you get from Melo and Ellis, just my opinion.

Thanks for the response. Other forwards I have on the roster are Pau, Bosh, Okafor, Hood, Dieng and Fournier.

I'm thinking about picking up Aaron Gordon too but I just don't know who to drop for him. Maybe Bosh if his season is over.
NeoDragonKnight
Starter
And1: 2,578

Post#4 » by NeoDragonKnight » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:20 am

Ya, I have Bosh also, so you might have to pick up yet another player if his blood clots are back. Gordon should be trending up as well, he is a decent pickup. The rest of your forwards are ok, though Fournier and HOod wont get you boards, which is where you will take a big hit if you lose both Melo and Bosh. You might need to wait a few days to see the news on Bosh before deciding on this trade.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#5 » by Moooose » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:03 pm

Any chance you can get Melo off your team would be a good choice. Melo is always an injury risk, and the Knicks are not really looking like they are shooting for the playoffs. On the other hand, the Clips need Paul, and he's getting a lot of burn. It should be an easy decision.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#6 » by Moooose » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:06 pm

And on the pick-up player, it is actually better to have a space for players you can add/drop come playoff time. It actually gives you enough flexibility to augment whatever stats you need to win a matchup.

Return to Fantasy Basketball