Question about Keeper Leagues

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

WangZhiZhiRules
Junior
And1: 292

Question about Keeper Leagues 

Post#1 » by WangZhiZhiRules » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:55 am

Would you consider a fantasy keeper league that does 4 keepers, and one team that is about to have Harden, Westbrook, and Steph Curry on it, unbalanced for the foreseeable future?

Standard 9 categories, 10 team league.
Cagelarimer
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: Question about Keeper Leagues 

Post#2 » by Cagelarimer » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:55 pm

What on earth kind of league is that?!!? Does one owner have three teams?!!? Don't know if I'd consider, although there are plenty stats those guys don't provide, such as big man stats and probably struggle a bit with FG...still though that is way unbalanced...how many years can they keep? I'd probably find another league or really harp on the stacked owner.
WangZhiZhiRules
Junior

Post#3 » by WangZhiZhiRules » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:33 am

There is no limit to how long you can keep a player. The team will of course finish last in TOs, and start the draft with a pretty bad FG% as you mention.

But he got Curry by Trading Cousins and another good player, and then got Westbrook by trading Embiid (the other owner really wanted Embiid for the future).

I'm not sure what to do about next season, whether to drop or find another league.
AlciG
Starter
And1: 432

Post#4 » by AlciG » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:50 am

WangZhiZhiRules wrote:There is no limit to how long you can keep a player. The team will of course finish last in TOs, and start the draft with a pretty bad FG% as you mention.

But he got Curry by Trading Cousins and another good player, and then got Westbrook by trading Embiid (the other owner really wanted Embiid for the future).

I'm not sure what to do about next season, whether to drop or find another league.

That's so weak. I wouldn't want to have you in any of my leagues if that's the way you go about things.

It's a 10 team league so on average every team will have 2 top 20 players. He has 3 by making smart trades.
The guy did well trading for pieces that compliment each other and you're crying about that.

I'm going to assume it's h2h so you also have to think about the PO's. I could see both Curry and Harden sitting out games during fantasy PO's.

Just stick to it and build a team to counteract him. I'm not saying it's easy but it's doable.
mikestar
Junior
And1: 105

Post#5 » by mikestar » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:53 am

If everything was done on the up and up, tip your cap and try to beat him. Perhaps look back on moves you could have made and learn from that.
Cagelarimer
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Cagelarimer » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:54 am

mikestar wrote:If everything was done on the up and up, tip your cap and try to beat him. Perhaps look back on moves you could have made and learn from that.

I'm changing my stance and agree with this...as long as everything's on the up and up!!!
WangZhiZhiRules
Junior

Post#7 » by WangZhiZhiRules » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:20 am

AlciG wrote:
WangZhiZhiRules wrote:There is no limit to how long you can keep a player. The team will of course finish last in TOs, and start the draft with a pretty bad FG% as you mention.

That's so weak. I wouldn't want to have you in any of my leagues if that's the way you go about things.

It's a 10 team league so on average every team will have 2 top 20 players. He has 3 by making smart trades.
The guy did well trading for pieces that compliment each other and you're crying about that.

I'm going to assume it's h2h so you also have to think about the PO's. I could see both Curry and Harden sitting out games during fantasy PO's.

Just stick to it and build a team to counteract him. I'm not saying it's easy but it's doable.

It's actually a roto league, if that makes a difference. I know that in H2H anything can happen in the playoffs but in roto having those 3 guys on the same team is a real challenge to go against.
AlciG
Starter
And1: 432

Post#8 » by AlciG » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:02 pm

Even in roto there are chances. Only 40 keepers so still a lot of talent around.

I have to admit that team has a huge leg up in pts, ast, rbd, 3pt, ft% but still lots to play for.

Return to Fantasy Basketball