Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Raptorian
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Possible Sleepers at C/PF 

Post#1 » by Raptorian » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:00 am

Hello All,

I definitely think that their are some sleepers at the PF/C position this year. There has been a lot of movement during the offseason, and several injuries that may make for some good FA pickups in the early going.

Brook Lopez: This guy dropped in the draft, but has been putting up great numbers in the preseason. He has started 5 of the 6 preseason games, putting up nice point and rebound numbers, and has a ton of blocks (I think one 4 block game and several 3 block games).

Andray Blatche/JaVale McGee: These are two guys on Washington that could put up nice numbers this year. They have been starting Etan Thomas for the majority of the preseason games, but this guy has been a career backup and I think that minutes are open for one of Blatche or McGee. They aren't going to be scoring a ton, but both have real potential in the blocks deparment. Blatche averaged 11 PPG, 8 RPG and 1.9 BPG as a starter last year (15 games). McGee could be several years out from getting big time minutes, but he is a beast (had a nice game of 20 points, 8 rebounds in the preseason). If neither works out, obviously E. Thomas could be a decent pickup.

Hakim Warrick: If Warrick gets put back in the starting lineup, he could be a good FA pick up. As a starter last year he averaged 16.6 ppg, 6.9 RPG, 49.7% FG. THis year he has shown glimpses of contributing in blocks (a 4 block game and a 3 block game), but this could be a fluke.

Mark Gasol: His preseason has been up and down, but he has had good percentages, and several decent games. It looks like he will start (he started pretty much every preseason game). He does have some talent, and could be good for some points, rebounds, on good percentages. Blocks probably not so much.

Other guys to keep an eye on include"

Yi/S Williams: I don't think NJ's starting lineup has been secured, and both have shown glimpses of being decent fantasy options when given playing time. Keep an eye on the depth chart in NJ.

Tyrus Thomas: As always, Thomas could be a great fantasy contributer if he plays. The guy gets great block/steal numbers when given the minutes. PErhaps the coaching change will help with this.

Ronny Turiaf: If this guy can crack the starting rotation (which is a possibility in GS's size deficient lineup) he could be effective. As a starter last year he average 10 ppg, 5 rpg and 2 bpg in LA.

Just a heads up, every player on the list has their risks, but if you can get a decent PF/C off the FA list you are doing well. Just a hunch, but I think that Lopez could be a guy that has been under the radar due to the number of other high profile rookies.

Return to Fantasy Basketball