Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 249

Classifieds 

Post#1 » by Curtis Lemansky » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:13 pm

Looking for the perfect league to join? Starting a new league ? Searching for another player or two to fill out your league? Please use this thread to recruit gm's and to find new leagues for yourself.

If you are looking to find new gm's for your league,please try to give as many details as you can to find the best suitable addition to your league as soon as possible.

Posting following information about your league will speed up the recruitment process:
-League type(H2H;Roto etc.)
-Number of teams
-Number of open spots in the league
-Yearly/Keeper/Dynasty
-Where the league will be running (Yahoo/ESPN or someplace else)
-Draft type(Standard/Auction etc.)

If you are looking to join in a league,
try to be specific about what kind of your league you are looking for. Feel free to post a link to your yahoo fantasy profile if you want to.
"I don't step aside, I step up." - Vic Mackey
"My name is my name" - Marlo Stanfield
"If you come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little

Formerly known as nostradamus2005
weru234
Ballboy
And1: 0

Need 3 Active Owners for proboards league 

Post#2 » by weru234 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:39 pm

http://nbaworld123.proboards.com/index.cgi

Hello, This league is a very active league with 20 teams, we need 3 owners because 3 backed out after the first half of 10 round draft for NBA REGULARS because of too many leagues. The LMs will feel free to answer any Qs you have. Scoting is H2H and will convert to ESPN at a later date. If you wanna join, join on forum as a name, and we'll show you rosters once you get on cbox. The teams are balanced. 5 rounds of 10 of a draft for NBA Regulars were completed yesterday, the other half is tonight at 8:00 PM EST. The 3 round draft for rookies from this year's NBA draft will be tomorrow.

moved to the Classifieds thread

Nos
alessandro3945
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: Classifieds 

Post#3 » by alessandro3945 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:48 pm

i am a rookie on this forum but i have been playing fantasy nba for quite some time.
Mostly i play 8 leagues a year on yahoo and i have a rating of 80% + on both of them.
i am looking for competitve and active leagues
number of players 12 - 16
on yahoo
h2h or roto
normal categories are ok
yearly or keepers or even dynasty
thanks
someone had to be me, it might as well be me
writersblock
General Manager
And1: 60

Post#4 » by writersblock » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:29 pm

We're looking for 3 more managers for the Money League. It's probably one of the most unique leagues on the board, and perhaps one of the most competitive. It's an auction-style draft where you are assigned certain amount of money (thus the name) to bid on players. It doesn't actually cost money, the name refers to the draft style.
It's a Yahoo H2H league and it's in its 3rd season, and we're looking to fill it up with 3 more managers and get started.

For more info, go here, and post your interest in joining:
viewtopic.php?f=336&t=831704&start=630
Globe-trotting and shenaniganizing, traveling the world and taking names...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6CtlAxAIaA_NQBQCuz3q1w?sub_confirmation=1
bww78
RealGM
And1: 13

Post#5 » by bww78 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:46 pm

writersblock wrote:We're looking for 3 more managers for the Money League. It's probably one of the most unique leagues on the board, and perhaps one of the most competitive. It's an auction-style draft where you are assigned certain amount of money (thus the name) to bid on players. It doesn't actually cost money, the name refers to the draft style.
It's a Yahoo H2H league and it's in its 3rd season, and we're looking to fill it up with 3 more managers and get started.

It's in its 4th season actually!
msfhorn
Ballboy

Looking for a roto league... 

Post#6 » by msfhorn » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:38 pm

I'm fine with a free or a $$$ league, keeper or not. Just looking for a well run league with active owners that like to trade. If your league carefully screens backgrounds, I've got a fairly substantial history in fantasy basketball that I'd be happy to share.

If you need an owner or are starting a new league, please drop me a pm or send an email through my profile.

-Michael
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,728

*NEW* 12 Team Yahoo Head-to-Head League 

Post#7 » by RoyceDa59 » Fri Aug 7, 2009 8:10 pm

I'm looking to start a 12 Team Yahoo Head-to-Head fantasy league for the 2009-2010 season.

League parameters:
12 teams, 14 players per team
9 Stat Categories: Points, Rebounds, Assists, Steals, Blocks, FG%, FT%, 3ft made, Triple Doubles.
LIVE DRAFT 'snake style' - 2 weeks (or so) prior to start of NBA season.
50 max moves.
Trade Approval - Commissioner

14 players per team.
PG
SG
G
SF
PF
F
C
C
Util
Util
BN
BN
BN
BN

This league will be fun, intense and well organized.

I am looking for 11 other cool, active, knowledgable GM's. Basketball knowledge is a bonus. Humour is a bonus. Frequency of activity is a bonus. If you want to join please post your e-mail address in this thread.

Cheers!
Go Raps!!
exversepwnage3
Junior

Re: *NEW* 12 Team Yahoo Head-to-Head League 

Post#8 » by exversepwnage3 » Sun Aug 9, 2009 3:18 pm

nguy6280@gmail.com

Would be excited to join! Let me know.

RoyceDa59 wrote:I'm looking to start a 12 Team Yahoo Head-to-Head fantasy league for the 2009-2010 season.

League parameters:
9 Stat Categories: Points, Rebounds, Assists, Steals, Blocks, FG%, FT%, 3ft made, Triple Doubles.
50 max moves.

14 players per team.
PG
SG
G
SF
PF
F
C
C
Util
Util
BN
BN
BN
BN

I am looking for 11 other cool, active, knowledgable GM's. Basketball knowledge is a bonus. Humour is a bonus. Frequency of activity is a bonus. If you want to join please post your e-mail address in this thread.

Cheers!
jorgepun
Ballboy

Post#9 » by jorgepun » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:52 pm

Free dynasty league with contracts, cap, offline auction and advanced stats. It's in Fantrax.com. Sign up.

League ID: 2gxynbarfy3356ug
Pwd: nbaleague
Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Post#10 » by Woody Allen » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:01 pm

bww78 wrote:
writersblock wrote:We're looking for 3 more managers for the Money League. It's probably one of the most unique leagues on the board, and perhaps one of the most competitive. It's an auction-style draft where you are assigned certain amount of money (thus the name) to bid on players. It doesn't actually cost money, the name refers to the draft style.

It's in its 4th season actually!

Draft is set to start today and we need 2 more. You can find out about our unique auction format here: viewtopic.php?f=336&t=831704&start=630#p20318455 It's quite fun :wizard:
FWG Wani
Ballboy

Plenty of Open Leagues Looking To Get Filled 

Post#11 » by FWG Wani » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:11 pm

There are PLENTY of active leagues on PASPN. Join this league it's starting to pick up activity and they are coming up to the draft.

-----------------------
League: Big Time Ballers - Heading into the second round of the NBA Draft 13 teams available!! (Celtics, Knicks, Sixers, Raptors, Cavs, Pacers, Bucks, Heat, Bobcats, Mavs, Spurs, Rockets,Nuggets)

Join here - http://paspn.net/default.asp?p=90&gmact ... easonid=53

Pick teams here - http://paspn.net/default.asp?p=90&gmact ... easonid=53

-------------------------

League: BA - ONLY 3 Days Til Contracts can be accepted!! Very active!!
12 Teams Available!! (Celtics, Knicks, Raptors, Pacers, Bobcats, Bucks, Memphis, Rockets, Nuggets, Jazz, Suns, Warriors)
Join here - http://paspn.net/default.asp?p=90&gmact ... gamepage=2

Pick Teams here - http://paspn.net/default.asp?p=90&gmact ... gamepage=2

------------------------------
League: Real GM 2009 Still plenty of free agents ripe for the pickings like KOBE, Boozer, Sheed, the list is endless 17 Teams!!! (Celtics, Nets, 76ers, Pistons, Pacers, Bucks, Heat, Hawks, Bobcats, Wizards, Spurs, Mavs, Timberwolves, Nuggets, Jazz, Kings, Suns)

Join here - http://paspn.net/default.asp?p=90&gmact ... gamepage=2

Pick teams here - http://paspn.net/default.asp?p=90&gmact ... gamepage=2
----------------------------
Picture me rollin - Tupac
fishnc
Assistant Coach
And1: 449

Re: *NEW* 12 Team Yahoo Head-to-Head League 

Post#12 » by fishnc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:29 pm

Sounds great, count me in if there's still room.
goheels9925@gmail.com

RoyceDa59 wrote:I'm looking to start a 12 Team Yahoo Head-to-Head fantasy league for the 2009-2010 season.

League parameters:
50 max moves.

14 players per team.
PG
SG
G
SF
PF
F
C
C
Util
Util
BN
BN
BN
BN

Cheers!
3ightY
Junior

Pantasyang Liga (2009-2010) 

Post#13 » by 3ightY » Thu Sep 3, 2009 11:42 am

Ito ang Official Thread para sa ITSS NBA Fantasy League 2009-2010 Season (ESPN).

Malapit na naman ang NBA 09-10 Season at ako ang naatasan na gumawa ng 09-10 Fantasy League.

Sa mga gustong sumali sa liga, magreply lamang sa sulat na ito. Ilagay ang personal email (yung ginamit niyo sa pagregister sa ESPN), YM account name at ang inyong ESPN username.

Sa mga wala pang ESPN account, magrehistro lamang sa: http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/basketball.
Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 249

Re: Pantasya Natin Ngayon (2009-2010) 

Post#14 » by Curtis Lemansky » Thu Sep 3, 2009 12:24 pm

I can only hope that you are not cursing someone in the post. :)

The language is Filipino,I think.

Well for anyone interested in a crash course in Filipino;here is the translation :
"This is the Official Thread for ITSS NBA Fantasy League 2009-2010 Season (ESPN).

Close naman the NBA 09-10 season and I assigned to make 09-10 Fantasy League.

Want to join the league, only magreply letter. Put personal email (na niyo used to pagregister to ESPN), YM account name and your username ESPN.

Under the ESPN account, register to:
http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/basketball.

For those not participating, magreply also to confirm. "

Courtesy of http://www.stars21.com/translator/filip ... glish.html
"I don't step aside, I step up." - Vic Mackey
"My name is my name" - Marlo Stanfield
"If you come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little

Formerly known as nostradamus2005
3ightY
Junior

Re: Pantasya Natin Ngayon (2009-2010) 

Post#15 » by 3ightY » Thu Sep 3, 2009 12:43 pm

Lolz, yes it is in Filipino. Filipino-English to be precise :)

The league is open only to members who are also part of the Emerson-ITSS community.

To the mod: Please move this thread under Fantasy Basketball Leagues. I think that is more appropriate. Thanks.
KalElen
Senior

Post#16 » by KalElen » Thu Sep 3, 2009 10:33 pm

salary cap league looking for one gm

i need a gm for a salary cap league in. we are just starting year 1 (auction has started few days ago, but is paused until we can fill the vacancy). to help you get a better idea of what's the league about i'm posting league rules here. as you will see, rules look complex, but most of them are very similar to real nba cap management rules. manager who left decided that rules are too complex for him, so if you are unsure about this, please save your time and mine and don't apply. if you are looking for good competitive cap league and don't mind playing a little more complex game this is the prefect league for you. if you have any questions i'll be more then happy to answer them. league rules:

general rules and notes

-h2h league

-cats: standard 9 cat league (fg%, ft%, 3ptm, pts, reb, ast, stl, blk, to)

-no can't cut list

-trade deadline - yahoo default

-provider will be decided later depending on play-offs customization options. candidates are yahoo and espn

-daily roster changes

-play-off format: 8 teams make the play-offs

-veto - league vote, half of the league has to veto the trade in order for veto to become official

-order of picking in the college draft will be determined by lottery

-all off-season and salary related business will be conducted on the league forum here at cafe

-my ultimate goal when i started thinking about this league was to have 30 teams so we might want to consider expansion next year if worthy candidates come forward

-this league is played all through the year. you are not required to be on call 24/7 but you are required to be reachable all through the year and answer all trade proposals and inquiries as soon as possible. this means that you should warn the rest of the league if you are going to be unreachable over extended period of time and that you should keep checking league site at least once a week

-this league is for committed owners only. everyone who isn't active enough will be replaced. regularly setting lineup is requirement in this league not a sign of activity; not responding to trade offers is a sign of inactivity

-open tanking, collusion and any other behavior that breaks the rules of sportsmanship will be harshly punished. some of you know that i had to punish managers who didn't follow clearly defined rules in the past, so you can testify that i have no problem with doing it. i don't expect any problems in this league, but i feel it's only fair that i include this warning. speaking of tanking, you are allowed to trade present for future, but you are not allowed to bench players unless you are trying to win certain categories by doing it. this might sound like an obvious thing to most of you, bit i've seen it happen in one league where a guy decided to improve his lottery chances by benching his entire team in the last week of regular season. that is not allowed

roster rules

-entire year will be split into 2 periods: season and off-season. in the off-season some of the cap and roster limits are somewhat relaxed

-roster will consist of 9 starters and 3-5 reserves. we will have 3 bench spots and 2 spots on inactive list; players on the inactive list are not allowed to play during the week

-starting roster: pg, sg, g, sf, pf, f, c, c, ut

-during the season every team must be able to start 9 players on any given day, meaning that it needs to be able to cover all positions at the same time

-during the season every team must have between 12 and 14 players under contract and at least 12 players on the active roster at every moment

-during off-season every team must have between 5 and 20 players under contract at every moment

-if a team violates roster or cap restrictions at any point of the season or off-season commish will make the necessary moves (drops and/or pickups) to bring it back within the limits

cap rules

-entire year will be split into 2 periods: season and off-season. in the off-season some of the cap and roster limits are somewhat relaxed

-teams can under no circumstances go over the hard cap

-all player salaries will have to be within limits of maximum and minimum salary, set for that part of the season (season/off-season)
during the season all team salary totals have to be within 44M and 80M (hard cap limit)
during the off-season all team salary totals have to be within 10M and 80M (hard cap limit)

-teams that find themselves over or at the soft cap at the beginning of the off-season will be awarded mle for the purpose of signing free agents (resigning own free agents doesn't affect mle), that lasts until the end of the season, but can not be traded, or combined with other exceptions

-after using up mle, teams over the (soft) cap can only offer one year min salary deals to free agents

-if a team is over the (soft) cap limit, or doing a trade that would put it over it, salary it's taking on in the trade must be within 125% + 100k of the salary it's giving up

-team salaries can only go over the soft cap limit, but not over hard cap, under 5 scenarios
1) due to back loaded salaries increasing at the start of the season
2) due to signing of a drafted rookie to a rookie deal
3) due to using whole or a part of mle, or offering min deal after mle is used up
4) due to completing a trade that follows trade rules (see the rule above this one)
5) due to resigning own free agent (bird rights)

-when trading future picks conditions have to be clearly defined at the time of the trade
1) teams are allowed to trade picks from next 3 drafts, at any point of the season at which trades are allowed
2) picks have to be owned by a team before they can be traded (you can't trade a pick from a draft in which you have no picks and then try to acquire one from a another team in order to complete previously arranged trade)
3) all kinds of protection are allowed, as long as they are clearly defined (for instance you can trade a pick that is top 10 protected in next draft/top 5 in year after that /top 1 protected in a year 3 so if your picks fall in the protected area 3 years in a row you get to keep them all)
4) future considerations have to be clearly defined (right to swap 1st pick in the next draft for instance). any future considerations that are not clearly defined will be considered collusion and punished
5) every team has to use their 1st round pick at least once in every 2 years

-when trading, draft picks carry no salary with them, but draft rights to drafted players carry draft pick's salary according to the rookie scale

-when resigning a free agent, his old team is allowed to offer maximum yearly increases of the first year salary of 15% as long as it doesn’t exceed maximum yearly salary limitation or decreases of 15% as long as it doesn't go bellow the minimum yearly salary limit. other teams can offer up to 10% increases or decreases with same limitations

-when offering contracts to free agents:
1) offers within 50% and 100% of the maximum have to be between 2 and 4 years long
2) offers within 25% and 49% of the maximum have to be between 1 and 3 years long
3) offers smaller then 25% of the maximum can go between 1 and 2 years

-team can't match other team's offer to unrestricted free agent, if it's able to outbid it. only situation where repeating existing offer is permitted is if team can't outbid a current offer under cap rules
when several teams over the cap are offering full mle or if more teams are offering max contract, for instance

-when a free agent receives more then one contract offer, he is awarded to a team based on next 3 criteria
1) he is awarded to a team that offers the highest average salary
2) if he receives two or more offers with same average salaries, he is awarded to team depending on offered contract length
-if the average salary is between 25% and 100% of the maximum he is awarded to a team that offers the longest contract
-if the average salary is lower then 25% of the maximum he is awarded to a team that offers the shortest contract
3) if 2 or more teams offer same contract length player is awarded to a team based on a point system defined bellow. thinking behind this system is that when weighing offers players are looking for 4 things: to resign with current team, to play on a best team possible, to get as much play time as possible, to play for a "franchise going in a good direction". in this case "direction" of the organization is gonna be measured by efficiency of its money spending. to determine team's efficiency its salary will be divided by total cat wins from a previous season and teams will be ranked according to the results

-team that is trying to resign its own free agent, gets 10 points

-team success:
0) top 5 teams based on regular season standings form season before last get 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 point respectively
1) current play-off winner gets 5 points
2) teams that end up 3rd, 5th and 7th in the play-offs get a point each
3) regular season winner gets 16 points
4) regular season runner up gets 14 points
5) team that ended up 3rd in regular season gets 13 points
6) team that ended up 4th in regular season gets 12 points
15) team that ended up 15th in regular season gets 1 point

-play time
1) if team has no players eligible to play fa's position under contract it gets 15 points
2) if team has 1 player eligible to play fa's position under contract it gets 11 points
3) if team has 2 players eligible to play fa's position under contract it gets 6 points
4) if team has 3 players eligible to play fa's position under contract it gets 2 point
5) if team has 4 or more players eligible to play fa's position under contract it gets 0 points
if a player is eligible for multiple positions, position that gives the team best chance to sign him is considered when calculating that teams point total. this means that different teams can attempt to "sign a player for a different position"

-team direction
1) top 2 teams get 8 points
2) next 2 teams get 7 points
8) last 2 teams get a point each

team with most points gets the player
in case of a tie:
1) resigning team gets the player
2) team with better regular season record wins
3) team with more pt points wins
4) team with better team direction wins

-if a team waives a player, waived player's salary counts against team's cap 75% the first year and 50% for subsequent years, regardless of whether that player gets signed by some other team at some point

-if a player plays in 40 games or less over 2 full seasons his team will be allowed to waive him for medical reasons and recover all remaining cap space owed to that player. if it is over the cap even after injured player comes off books, team also receives injured player exception (ipe) worth 60% of the waived player's salary. ipe can be used, full or in part, to sign no more then one player. this can be done as soon as it becomes clear that player will miss required number of games.
for instance if player misses entire season and then misses first 42 of his team's games during next season

-after player is waived he will automatically be placed on fa list, but the team that dropped him won't be allowed to bid on him or sign him to a one week contract for the rest of the season

-during the season every team can sign up to 40 one week contracts with free agents. one week contracts will count against the cap as min offers. when a player receives one week offer, he immediately accepts it, so there is no bidding on that player until his one week contract runs out. after one week contract is finished, player goes back to fa list and his former team retains no fa rights over him. this means that any team is free to either offer him guaranteed contract or sign him to one week contract the moment he becomes an fa. once a player receives guaranteed contract offer and bidding on him starts, he is no longer available to sign a one week contract, until his guaranteed contract is waived or runs out and he goes back to fa list

-if team attempts to make a move that puts its salary over the hard cap limit, commish is required to intervene and block that attempt. trade and/or fa signing will be automatically vetoed.

-if a team can't meet roster requirements (either in roster size or in covering positions) without going over the hard cap, at any point of the season, commish will add best (per basketballmonster rankings) available (other teams will be allowed to bid on those players before they are awarded to offending team) players for min salary in order to meet requirements and then drop a player (or minimal number of players if no one player does the job) to ww from offending team's roster, whose salary puts the team over the hard cap. as further punishment offending team's hard cap in the coming season will be reduced by amount that it was exceeded during the offense

SALARY NUMBERS

soft cap 65M

hard cap 80M

max salary for a single year: 20M

min salary for a single year: 250k

minimum increases and decreases in negotiations and bidding: 250k

minimum team salary during the season: 44M

minimum team salary during the off-season: 10M

mle: 6M (can be used on one or more players)

rookie scale:
1st pick 4.5M 5M [5.5M 6M if team option is exercised]
2nd pick 4M 4.5M [5M 5.5M if team option is exercised]
3rd pick 3.5M 4M [4.5M 5M if team option is exercised]
4th pick 3M 3.5M [4M 4.5M if team option is exercised]
5th pick 2.5M 3M [3.5M 4M if team option is exercised]
6th-10th picks 2M 2.5M [3M 3.5M if team option is exercised]
11th-16th picks 1M 1.5M [2M 2.5M if team option is exercised]
2nd rounders 500k [500k 750k if team option is exercised]

all former 1st round picks become restricted free agents after they complete the 3rd season of their rookie contracts (only possible if their team picked team option after 2nd season of the rookie contract)
all former 2nd round picks become restricted free agents after they complete the 2nd season of their rookie contracts (only possible if their team picked team option after 1st season of the rookie contract)

ROOKIE DRAFT

1st in the play-offs gets 16th pick
2nd 15th pick
4th 14th pick
6th 13th pick
8th 12th pick
3rd in the play-offs gets 2% chance to win the lottery
5th in the play-offs gets 4% chance to win the lottery
7th in the play-offs gets 2% chance to win the lottery
3rd, 5th and 7th get those odds to give those who get eliminated from running for the title something to play for
9th -12th in the regular season standings get 12% chance to win the lottery
13th -16th in the regular season standings get 11% chance to win the lottery
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
Senior

Post#17 » by KalElen » Fri Sep 4, 2009 9:00 am

spot has been filled
my kung fu is the best
robertjanssen007
Veteran

Competitve fantasy league 

Post#18 » by robertjanssen007 » Tue Sep 8, 2009 2:35 pm

Hi,

I'm interested in joining a competitive league for the upcoming season...with really any guidelines, as long as it's H2H. Is Yahoo the preferred website here to use? I've never tried anything else but I've always really liked Yahoo's game-play/setup/layout. I prefer H2H as well because you don't get screwed over if you happen to bomb a couple of weeks or so--also who doesn't like the playoffs?

Anyway, if someone is interested in creating a league in the coming months, post in this thread and I'm sure we would get some competitive players here. Anywhere from 12-20 teams in a league sounds good to me with again, any guidelines. Thanks.
DoubleScribble
Junior
And1: 12

Post#19 » by DoubleScribble » Tue Sep 8, 2009 10:03 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to join a keeper hoops league. I was in a keeper football league for seven years and have always wanted to joing a hoops league, but I've never been able to find a reputable looking site that hosts leagues and looks like it will be around for a while. I want to join a league for the long haul, not hope each summer that the site won't go down after I pay my dues.

Not too particular on scoring. Not the biggest fan of salary cap or auction leagues, but I'm not against them. If it's an active league that looks fun, I don't have a problem with paying into it.

If anyone has a league that needs an owner, shoot me a PM. If not, could someone please post a site where I can find some open leagues? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
"We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then Derrick Rose happened." - Al Horford
FWG Wani
Ballboy

Active Mock GM League Updated Rosters Looking for Real GMs 

Post#20 » by FWG Wani » Wed Sep 9, 2009 2:44 pm

Looking for real GMs to complete league 13 spots

League name PASPN.net 2009 ReLOADED!

Celtics
Knicks
Raptors
Pacers
Bucks