HELP !! DJ?Augustin for Roy Hibbert

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

slimkaka
Sophomore
And1: 0

HELP !! DJ?Augustin for Roy Hibbert 

Post#1 » by slimkaka » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:07 pm

HI EVERYONE.. im in another 12 man league. ROTO.
i had the first pick overall and i selected LBJ.

here is my team

1. (1) LeBron James
2. (24) Brook Lopez
3. (25) Gilbert Arenas
4. (48) Baron Davis
5. (49) Rudy Gay
6. (72) Stephen Jackson
7. (73) Chris Kaman
8. (96) Richard Jefferson
9. (97) Kevin Love
10. (120) Rodney Stuckey
11. (121) D.J. Augustin
12. (144) Brandon Jennings
13. (145) Yi Jianlian
14. (168) JaVale McGe [ dropped for Anthony Morrow]

apparently, Kevin Love will be out until late Nov, and i dun think my Cs are strong enough. Im offered Roy Hibbert for DJ augustin which I dont feel like doing. however, now the problem is who am i going to drop to get a decent C from FA? other owners have dropped Thabeet, Krstic, plus some other FA agents like Turiaf, Dampier , Darko Millicic, Nick Collison and Chris Wilcox

if i have to add someone, Brandon Jennnings might be the only person I can drop.?

Im undecided whether i should pull the trigger.. Hibbert and DJ are the two sleepers this year and i want to keep DJ. however, there are no other options at this moment.

Please advise me on my team's weakness .
any suggestions are appreciated.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,484

Re: HELP !! DJ?Augustin for Roy Hibbert 

Post#2 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:15 pm

I'd do it. Hibbert's Indiana's starting C (or so they say) and you're fixed better on PG's than you are big men. Way better.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
slimkaka
Sophomore

Post#3 » by slimkaka » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:39 pm

thanks .. im thinking that way too. but only reason holding me back is that DJ seems to be the biggest sleeper in the league [raja bell is down, most probably he will be the starting SG.]
jorgo
Senior

Post#4 » by jorgo » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:55 pm

I'd lean towards rejecting.

DJ will be starting PG (Felton->SG) and could put up top 100 #'s.

I'd counter with Jennings for Hibbert. Then perhaps find a middle ground if he doesn't like that such as an upgrade elsewhere.

Other option is to get rid of Baron Davis for say Bynum.

As long as you have Davis, Arenas and Jackson on the team, you'll be last in FG%. Try and move one of them.
slimkaka
Sophomore

Post#5 » by slimkaka » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:39 pm

jorgo wrote:I'd lean towards rejecting.

DJ will be starting PG (Felton->SG) and could put up top 100 #'s.

I'd counter with Jennings for Hibbert. Then perhaps find a middle ground if he doesn't like that such as an upgrade elsewhere.

Other option is to get rid of Baron Davis for say Bynum.

As long as you have Davis, Arenas and Jackson on the team, you'll be last in FG%. Try and move one of them.

too bad, the another player rejeced the deal on Hibbert..

As for what you mentioned, i totally agree. but the problem is that the value for S.Jax and Baron Davis are not as high as expected.
and S.Jax could be traded anytime soon. So i've already pick Anthony Morrow from waiver [drop McGee]

and if I were to offer Baron Davis, what are the Cs might possibly match with B.Davis' value?

thanks a million
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#6 » by SA37 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:18 pm

Personally, I think you're ok at center with Kaman and Lopez, as both block shots and can get you 15-20 and 10. The question is if Kaman will stay healthy.

I would deny the trade and worry about it if/when Kaman went down. There are a lot of low-risk, high reward centers that are probably available to you: Channing Frye and Joel Pryzbilla come to mind....
slimkaka
Sophomore

Post#7 » by slimkaka » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:37 pm

SA37 wrote:Personally, I think you're ok at center with Kaman and Lopez, as both block shots and can get you 15-20 and 10. The question is if Kaman will stay healthy.

I would deny the trade and worry about it if/when Kaman went down. There are a lot of low-risk, high reward centers that are probably available to you: Channing Frye and Joel Pryzbilla come to mind....

thank you. unfortunately, the aboved mentioned Cs are all taken.
I just hope Kaman can stay healthy and Kevin Love can be back soon..

but i have enough PGs , i have to unload some of them.
jorgo
Senior

Post#8 » by jorgo » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:36 pm

Stephen Jackson at 72 is great value. If you can't get anything better than 60th pick, then hang on to Jackson.

I'd look to move Baron or Arenas. Feel free to package Jefferson in there.

I'd try Baron for Bynum. Then you can move Lopez to PF and should be very solid in %'s and blocks. Assists will be competitive with Arenas, Lebron, S-Jax + Augustin/Jennings.

If they don't bite on that, then perhaps Nene/Biedrins for Baron. Or if you want to stick with the guards, try Jameer Nelson for the increased FG% over Baron.

Good luck!
Major_9000
Bench Warmer
And1: 13

Post#9 » by Major_9000 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:10 pm

D.J is going to be a beast, he'll have more value in a week than he does now. There is no need to pull the trigger right now, why not wait a week or two into the season.

I would not do that trade.
slimkaka
Sophomore

Post#10 » by slimkaka » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:01 pm

I think i still need a SG and a PF, Yi is not consistent enough and Im thinking abt using Stuckey or Jennnings for a decent PF
Major_9000
Bench Warmer
And1: 13

Post#11 » by Major_9000 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:00 pm

I think Hibbert is still a good filler for Love until he comes back, I just didn't think DJ's upside should be traded away. Hibbert is going to be all blocks and RBs this year and if you can get him for Jennings or Jennings/Yi I'd probably do it.
Breakdown777
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#12 » by Breakdown777 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:36 am

Keep augustin. He will be so incredible this year. Something like 15 points, 5 assists, 2 3's, a steal, and 90% FT.

If you want a Center, just grab drew gooden, nenad kristic, or someone else who is getting playing time. Toward the end of the draft, they are all about the same production wise. Etan Thomas has also been getting lots of Burn in OKC and he can really rack up the blocks.
"Llevaré mi talento a Minnesota".
slimkaka
Sophomore

Post#13 » by slimkaka » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:17 am

Breakdown777 wrote:Keep augustin. He will be so incredible this year. Something like 15 points, 5 assists, 2 3's, a steal, and 90% FT.

If you want a Center, just grab drew gooden, nenad kristic, or someone else who is getting playing time. Toward the end of the draft, they are all about the same production wise. Etan Thomas has also been getting lots of Burn in OKC and he can really rack up the blocks.

thanks mate.. now the problem is who am i going to drop to get a decent C from FA? other owners have dropped Thabeet, Krstic, plus some other FA agents like Turiaf, Dampier and Darko Millicic,
Breakdown777
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#14 » by Breakdown777 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:16 pm

slimkaka wrote:
Breakdown777 wrote:Keep augustin. He will be so incredible this year. Something like 15 points, 5 assists, 2 3's, a steal, and 90% FT.

thanks mate.. now the problem is who am i going to drop to get a decent C from FA? other owners have dropped Thabeet, Krstic, plus some other FA agents like Turiaf, Dampier and Darko Millicic,

I didn't notice you dropped McGee, I'm not sure who you would drop. You could try doing a 2 for 1 of 2 guys your not crazy about (I'd try to package two of Yi/Jennings/Stucky for a small upgrade, then take the best player available off the waviers. This way, you don't have to target just C's from other teams, but anyone. If you don't get a C in a trade, you'll have a roster spot to add a fill in guy.

Also, I'm assuming Speights is gone? If not pick him up immediately for Yi.
"Llevaré mi talento a Minnesota".
retrospect24
Starter
And1: 37

Post#15 » by retrospect24 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:28 am

I'd much rather try to trade Stuckey for a C than DJ Augustin. DJ will be great this season.

Return to Fantasy Basketball