Need a Team Rating (first timer)

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Need a Team Rating (first timer) 

Post#1 » by P'Oed » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:42 am

First time ever doing this fantasy crap (got roped into it at work). 12 team league. A rating would be appreciated!

(4) Wade
(21) Devin Harris
(28) Brooke Lopez
(45) Okur
(52) Nene
(69) Turkolglu
(76) Milsap
(93) Jeff Green
(100) Love...friggin forgot about the injury, trying to replace with Gomes
(117) Beasley
(124) Tyreke Evans
(141) Aaron Brooks
(148) Travis Outlaw
(165) Jarrett Jack
(172) Pryzbilla...new it was an awful pick, trying to replace with Haslem

Thanks ya'll!
P'Oed
Rookie

Re: Need a Team Rating (first timer) 

Post#2 » by P'Oed » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:49 am

anybody? id be in debt to you for some advice
Breakdown777
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#3 » by Breakdown777 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:32 am

That is a solid team for your first go round. I'd suggest doing some mocks next time to help prepare.

Is this league H2H or Roto? If it's h2h i wouldn't worry about Love. He'll be back in mid december and then you'll unexpectedly bitchslap everyone in the rebounds catagory. In h2h, as long as you make playoffs you can win the whole thing with guys who play well at the end of the regular season.

If its roto, love's injury hurts you more. You actually took him about 15 spots late, so I think the value is about right.

You got value at almost every pick.

You definitely need some help with assists and 3's. You have some guys whom I don't like (turkoglu, outlaw, brooks) but to each their own. If you could trade one of your C's (you have 4 super solid options if you count love) for a 3 point gunner like lewis or j.r. smith i'd do it, but only if the value is right.

Your assists are on the fringe that you might be able to salvage them, or you can tank them completely. Another option is trading for a guy like barbosa or terry, they don't get assists but will load up 3's and %'s.

Good job and good luck with your season.
"Llevaré mi talento a Minnesota".
Sweet J
Rookie
And1: 99

Post#4 » by Sweet J » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:43 am

Like the Jeff Green pick at 93. Not a bad roster but needs a few tweaks.
PG K. Lowry, T. Lawson
SG G. Hill, E. Gordon
SF K. Thompson, O. Porter
PF L. Aldridge, T. Thompson
C A. Jefferson, J. Noah
UT T. Burke, R. Hood
BN A. Len, J. Meeks, C. Budinger
P'Oed
Rookie

Post#5 » by P'Oed » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:47 pm

thanks a lot guys! I greatly appreciate it. It's a H2H league and I actually pulled the trigger too early and dropped Love the night I got him. Trying to get Ryan Gomes from the free agent pool so hopefully he can help out in the 3 department. Thanks again.
Breakdown777
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#6 » by Breakdown777 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:24 pm

^ I'd drop Pryz and try for getting Love back if you can. I noticed that your team is super solid in rebounds even without Love, so maybe packaging any big for a serious 3 point and/or assist threat would make sense.
"Llevaré mi talento a Minnesota".
P'Oed
Rookie

Post#7 » by P'Oed » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:02 pm

Breakdown777 wrote:^ I'd drop Pryz and try for getting Love back if you can. I noticed that your team is super solid in rebounds even without Love, so maybe packaging any big for a serious 3 point and/or assist threat would make sense.

thanks Breakdown. You're the man. I figure I'm okay in at least scoring, bounds and maybe even FT% but you're right; my 3's and assists could use some bolstering. My main problem right now is figuring out who the hell to start. I put Brooks in there for now along with Wade, Harris, Lopez, Okur Nene, Milsap, Green, Turkoglu and Pryz (hoping he'll beast on the boards like last year). I'm guessing in H2H leagues that the number of games that particular player is playing that week is a pretty big factor?

Return to Fantasy Basketball