Time for me to ask for advice. WHIR

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

jorgo
Senior
And1: 0

Time for me to ask for advice. WHIR 

Post#1 » by jorgo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:36 am

I've put a bit of input in for others. Hopefully the favor is returned.

Just drafted in a Competitive 12 team Roto - 8 Standard Cats (No TOs)

My entire bench was AUTO drafted (Evans, Miller, Hill, Gallinari, Nocioni) as I had to head to bball game.

Any glaring weaknesses? Players I should look to move / target?

Will probably get rid of one of: Miller, Hill, Gallinari, Nocioni. Auto draft grabbed a few too many SF/SGs.

Players on the wire of some value:
Matt Barnes
Andray Blatche
Rafer Alston
Delfino
Erick Dampier
Matt Bonner
Steve Blake
Thabo Sefolasha
Telfair
Taj Gibson
Chuck Hayes

WHIR (Will help in return, just provide link)

For record I had pick 7. In order from: Stoudemire (7), Kidd (18), Arenas (31), Bynum (42), Nene (55), Harrington (66), Nate (79), Kaman (90), Marvin (103), Duhon (114), Evans (127), Miller (138), Hill (151), Gallinari (162), Nocioni (175).
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,485

Re: Time for me to ask for advice. WHIR 

Post#2 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:56 pm

You have some problem cats:

3's: You simply need more. Arenas, Robinson and Duhon simply won't do it all by themselves.

Assists: Ditto

%'s: Do you wanna be a strong FT or FG team? Because right now, you've got killers in both cats. Nene, Kaman and (to a lesser extent) Bynum are going to hold down your FT% while Evans, Duhon and Robinson keep you from being strong on FG%. I'd target a guy like Jameer Nelson, who'll give you 3's and good efficiency from the field and the line, and bump up your assists a bit. Think he can be had in a trade?
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
jorgo
Senior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by jorgo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:48 pm

I agree with the FG and FT % comments. I did look for balance which is why you see two polar opposites with FG%. Arenas/Kidd/Nate/Duhon/Harrington then you have Bynum/Stoudemire/Nene/Kaman hopefuly to balance it out.
I'm thinking i'll be around .478 / .780 for the %'s. FG% should be enough to be top 1/3, FT% will be middle of the road, maybe a lil below.

Arenas is my big risk choice. I probably should have grabbed kevin martin in the 3rd round instead of Arenas, but such is life. Wouldn't have had any FT% probs then.

I disagree with the need for 3s.
Kidd - 1.6pg
Nate - 1.7pg
Arenas - 1.6pg (low ball speculation)
Duhon - 1.6pg
Al Harrington - 2.3pg
Marvin Wiliams - 1pg

Assists - Kidd (8.7), Arenas (6), Nate (4), Duhon (6.5). Could do with a lil bit more, but can't imagine that I'll be in bottom half.

I may look to move Marvin Williams. He doesn't really add to much to the team. I took him because I needed a SF, and he was still on the board. Now with Miller, Hill, Nocioni, Gallinari in the wings, he's definitely expendable. Just gotta find a suitor..
Major_9000
Bench Warmer
And1: 13

Post#4 » by Major_9000 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:30 pm

I think you've got a solid team. You've got lots of good bigs, 2 stud pgs. It would be nice to have someone better than M. Williams but he's not horrible and you can't have everything.

Tyreke Evans is a good sleeper as well. I would just keep watching out for good bench pickups to stregthen your depth and maybe upgrade Williams if an opportunity arises.
Breakdown777
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#5 » by Breakdown777 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:46 am

Mike Miller might be a dud.

Your bench players could potentially mess up your FG% plan (i'm lookin at Tyreke, Noc, and Gallinari), but I wouldn't worry about it.

I have also fallen into the marvin williams trap once this season. NOBODY is going to offer you anything for him, your best bet is to wait it out and take the FT numbers and occiasional across the board production.

If you must move him, it would be as icing in a lateral move like: J kidd and williams for joe johnson.

Your team also lacks a true SG, but i wouldn't lose any sleep over it. They just help out with points and 3's with okay AST numbers. But like i said, no biggy because your PG/SG's are solid enough.
"Llevaré mi talento a Minnesota".

Return to Fantasy Basketball