Greg Oden or Emeka Okafor?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Greg Oden or Emeka Okafor? 

Post#1 » by 76ciology » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:06 am

I'm in a roto league and was faced with this decision last night.

I picked Greg Oden over Emeka Okafor because..

A.) It's now or never for Greg Oden. Especially after Durant had a breakout season last season. I don't think that much space for failures at this point of his career.

B.) As good as Emeka is, Greg Oden can be a way better PF/C player than Emeka. Especially now with enough experience and enough failures to prove his critics wrong.

C.) I can't see how Chris Paul, as good as he is, can make Emeka a better ball player in Hornets. With the fact that David West and Emeka Okafor has a pretty similar offensive game.

What do you think?

What are your projected stats for Greg Oden?

Thanks! :D
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
retrospect24
Starter
And1: 37

Re: Greg Oden or Emeka Okafor? 

Post#2 » by retrospect24 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:16 am

Greg Oden - 13/9 1.8 blks
Emeka Okafor - 16/11 2.2 blks

I would go with Okafor. If Paul can make Tyson Chandler seem that great, he can certainly do the same for Okafor. Plus Oden is a much bigger injury liability.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Re: Greg Oden or Emeka Okafor? 

Post#3 » by 76ciology » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:38 am

Okafor with 11 rebounds? Remember that he's playing with a good remember PF like David West, who averages close to 9rpg.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Fantasy Basketball