Opinions needed.

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Opinions needed. 

Post#1 » by NetsForce » Sun Nov 1, 2009 2:14 am

I generally try to chip in, on other people's topics so I was hoping you guys could return the favor for me. Right now I am extremely frustrated with my team:

16 team head-to-head:

Mario Chalmers
Kevin Durant
Jason Terry
Andre Iguodala
Andrea Bargnani
Josh Smith
Samuel Dalembert
Rudy Fernandez
Anthony Morrow
Chris Andersen

It's the last four players that I'm not sure what to do with, and who have really set me back.

I was hoping that with a new coach and the rave reviews he got in the offseason Dalembert would see a return to his 30 mpg and 10-8-2 statline, but so far while the blocks have been there it doesn't seem like he's going to see big minutes this year...

So with that being said I've decided to drop him and am picking up another center who should get around 10-8-1.5, maybe 10-8-2 if I'm lucky, the drawback being this player's low FT%...

After that though I'm not really sure what to do... Should I wait out Anthony Morrow? Is Chris Andersen going to be useless this year (1 block through 2 games so far)? Is Rudy Fernandez ever going to get the minutes he deserves?

I'm just not sure if my team is going to be competitive in enough categories to win it all...
marcroboy
Veteran
And1: 14

Re: Opinions needed. 

Post#2 » by marcroboy » Sun Nov 1, 2009 4:15 am

I am also concerned with Bridman and Sammie D. I think Im dropping one of them and picking up Biedrins.
The statement below is true

The statement above is false
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#3 » by NetsForce » Sun Nov 1, 2009 5:35 am

Yeah the one thing tripping me up with Dalembert is the one game where he didn't get in early foul trouble he played 35 minutes, the other two games he played 15 and 18 minutes respectively... If Dal. gets 30 minutes a game he's productive, if not his production takes a hit.

I'm pretty deadset on dropping Dal at this point in time. It's probably riskier to hold onto Andersen though, looking at his past seasons his 2.5 bpg last year seems like it could have been a fluke. Dalembert on the other hand has always roughly 2 bpg...
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,752

Post#4 » by G35 » Sun Nov 1, 2009 12:09 pm

I feel you on the Birdman. I have him on almost all my teams and if he isn't getting blocks then he's worthless fantasy wise. I dropped him on a few teams for Gallinari and Channing Frye. Rudy is looking hit or miss like was last year. Great one game a no show the next. As far as Dalembert I went through it with him last year and i said no more. He went into my "will not be drafting" list along with Sheed....
I'm so tired of the typical......
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#5 » by NetsForce » Sun Nov 1, 2009 5:28 pm

Thanks guys, I think I just needed to vent at something after the Nets got destroyed yesterday :lol:

I'm going to shop Morrow around and see if I can get anyone to bite on him, the potential is there but it's looking like I"m going to have a tough time getting by with all the inconsistency Fernandez, Birdman, and Morrow represent...
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#6 » by andonewheel » Sun Nov 1, 2009 9:07 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about Birdman. Since the difference between a good game for blocks and a bad one is only two blocks, I think it's way too soon to panic. It's not like a 20ppg scorer suddenly scoring 6ppg, he could bounce back with a 5 blk game anytime and suddenly he's back in your good graces.

I don't like GS at all right now. Morrow would be a serious force if he got the minutes, but I don't see it happening. Only way I see it is if Nelson trades Stephen Jackson. Nelson doesn't like to play Morrow unless Curry is in the game since Curry is the only guy who will pass to Morrow when he's open, so that another limitation. The flip side is that if he DOES ever get consistent PT, you've got a serious stud on your hands.

Dalembert looks like he's gonna lose some serious minutes to Speights with the way Speights has come on. I dunno what you expected out of Dalembert, but I'm guessing there are better options on waivers for you. I am a big fan of Haywood myself.
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#7 » by NetsForce » Sun Nov 1, 2009 9:14 pm

Well throwing out his rookie season Dalembert has never averaged less than 1.7 bpg (even in his reduces minutes last year he averaged 1.8), I drafted him in the second to last round (maybe it was the last, I don't remember off the top of my head) thinking that he'd be a consistent shot-blocking force and a good FT shooter (for a center)...

The second part was important to me because for the most part my other players are all good FT shooters.

I'm nabbing Haywood off waivers right now, or at least trying to, it won't go through until tomorrow so we'll see what happens...

I'll still keep an eye out for Dal. once dropped though, maybe I was just expecting too much out of him if he gets 25 mpg he's still fantasy worthy IMO... Dude's just a major headache though...
jorgo
Senior
And1: 0

Post#8 » by jorgo » Sun Nov 1, 2009 10:39 pm

I was never big on Morrow. Gonna be hard to get the minutes unless S-Jax gets traded. Waiver wire material in my opinion.

Hang on to Birdman. He'll come around eventually, and will put up that 5 block game. Hang on to him.

Rudy fernandez will have a tough time getting consistent minutes. He's probably got the most trade value though, so I'd look to move him.

Dalembert for Haywood is a good move.

Who else is on the wire?
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#9 » by NetsForce » Sun Nov 1, 2009 10:59 pm

There's not a whole lot on the waive wire, but guys who I am monitoring are: Kevin Love, Raja Bell, Delonte West, DJ Augustin, and Julian Wright...

Other guys who might have a bit of value are Anderson Varejao / the Pietrus / Barnes combo and Ben Wallace.

The one thing I figure with Fernandez though is that he was 13th overall (had pretty much the same amount of 3PTM as guys ranked 10-12) in 3PTM last year (average of 2.0 per game)... Now granted this is a head-to-head league, but I figure that if he repeats what he's still a decent guy to have...
jorgo
Senior
And1: 0

Post#10 » by jorgo » Mon Nov 2, 2009 12:32 am

I'd take both Augustin and Delonte over Morrow.
mappiah19
Analyst
And1: 1,139

Post#11 » by mappiah19 » Mon Nov 2, 2009 1:55 am

DJ Augustine is your best bet. Wright is a jack of all trades player however, he will give you bad FT, FG%'s.
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#12 » by NetsForce » Mon Nov 2, 2009 2:27 am

I'm picking up someone tonight so what do you guys think of these 3 guys:

Alston, Augustin, Hughes?

I'm leaning towards Alston or Augustin...
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#13 » by NetsForce » Mon Nov 2, 2009 3:25 am

I ended up going Augustin, since he gives me a guy playing Monday and if he tanks I'll just pick up one of my alternates for him later in the week... I will probably consider getting Morrow or Dalembert again once they clear waivers, assuming I like the trend of their last few games...
mappiah19
Analyst
And1: 1,139

Post#14 » by mappiah19 » Mon Nov 2, 2009 4:42 am

NetsForce wrote:I ended up going Augustin, since he gives me a guy playing Monday and if he tanks I'll just pick up one of my alternates for him later in the week... I will probably consider getting Morrow or Dalembert again once they clear waivers, assuming I like the trend of their last few games...

Good decision. Augustin is a great shooter/passer and loves to attack the rim to draw fouls. Alston would be quite risky because Devin Harris will be returning to the line up soon and his shot is quite inconsistent. I'd say you stick with Augustin and be very reluctant to drop him b/c he's got high upside.

I see your a Nets fan. What do you think of Courtney Lee in fantasy basketball? I have him on my team and his first week was quite average and he gave me bad shooting percentages. I was thinking of dropping him b/c it appears Coach Frank is trying to use him more as a role player than a scorer. And also, how do you see Douglas-Roberts doing in fantasy basketball?
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#15 » by NetsForce » Mon Nov 2, 2009 7:48 am

Honestly Lee is a below-average playmaker / rebounder, all I see him contributing are 3PTM, steals, and FT%.

For the year I'm guessing his FG% is going to be in the low 40's... When Harris is healthy (which he wasn't for the first two games) that will open up things for Lee (there's too much defensive pressure on him right now, especially with Brook getting into foul trouble these last two games) and his FG% should rise...

Judging from what I've seen, and what I think going forward Lee is NOT going to be a very good fantasy basketball player this year. It shouldn't be too hard to find a player on the waiver wire who gives you approximately as many 3's and steals per game as Lee but does so more consistently and with a better FG%.

Basically to make a long story short there is too much of an offensive burden on Lee and as a result he's going to struggle this year.

As for CDR all he will net you is solid FG%, FT%, and an acceptable amount of PTS. Like Lee he's also a below average playmaker and his rebounding is a bit spotty. Defensively CDR isn't as active as he should be so I don't see him coming up with a ton of steals...

The other thing is that most of the players on the Nets haven't played with one another for that long, and with Harris being out for most of preseason and now the start of the regular season it's going to take a while for the Nets to gel...

In deep leagues both Lee and CDR are worth a look, but I would take a wait and see approach with both of them, if you drop either guy and someone else picks them up it's not going to make or break your team.

Return to Fantasy Basketball