Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Transistor
Bench Warmer
And1: 216

Nov. 18 The return of T-Mac 

Post#1 » by Transistor » Mon Nov 9, 2009 10:45 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=y ... s&expire=1

Last time I had him on my team his FG % killed me, but he's been working hard with Tim Grover and he's got something to prove.

Thinking of dropping Battier for him. Battier's only giving me 9.8 pts a game and 38% FG..can't imagine T-Mac doing any worse
jdubb_00
Junior
And1: 1

Re: Nov. 18 The return of T-Mac 

Post#2 » by jdubb_00 » Mon Nov 9, 2009 10:51 pm

I drafted him last round and still have him....this would pan out HUGE for me! But I also have Ariza...wonder how this will affect him!
Transistor
Bench Warmer

Post#3 » by Transistor » Mon Nov 9, 2009 10:58 pm

Yea it'll be interesting how this affects Ariza in particular
T-mac will most likely come off the bench to start off
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#4 » by andonewheel » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:01 am

Transistor wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-mcgradyreturn110909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns&expire=1

Last time I had him on my team his FG % killed me, but he's been working hard with Tim Grover and he's got something to prove.

Thinking of dropping Battier for him. Battier's only giving me 9.8 pts a game and 38% FG..can't imagine T-Mac doing any worse

I think that's a risk worth taking, the upside on T-Mac is very high despite many question marks.

I feel like Houston might be better off without him though, Ariza is really stepping up and I doubt this helps him.
CableKC
RealGM
And1: 10,718

Post#5 » by CableKC » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:50 am

I was actually considering dropping him in favor of trying to pull Speights, Landy, Dampier then Azu off the waiver wire ( in that order ).

I need some depth at the PF/C positions and wasn't sure whether he'd be worth keeping or not. Like jdubb, I drafted him in the 12th round in a 13 round draft...so the risk is minimal. But I wanted to add some depth at the PF/C spots.

Thoughts anyone? From the news regarrding him prior to this news that he'd return on the 18th.....everything said that he wouldn't be ready to evaluate anything til the end of November...and it was still iffy. I guess I can wait a week to see how he does and hten see if I can get some other PF/C.....but I'm thinking that an oppurtunity to get a decent PF/C option like Speights and Landry may be too good to give up.
- In 2024, you are not voting for a "Democrat" or "Republican". You are voting for the Party that will defend Democracy and protect the most vulnerable among us.

#THE_GOP_IS_DEAD
#IT_IS_THE_PARTY_OF_TRUMP_NOW
The_NeX
Junior
And1: 43

Post#6 » by The_NeX » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:24 am

I have both Brooks and Ariza. Should i consider trading them before TMAC gets back? If so, what kind of value could i get ?
This space for rent :)
He Hate Me
Starter
And1: 2

Post#7 » by He Hate Me » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:18 pm

T-Mac coming back is like a Mayan prediction for the end of the world. I'll believe it when I see it and by then it'll be too late for me to do anything about it.
I'm just trying to get into heaven, it's not like I'm gonna run for Jesus.
Mikchek
Sixth Man
And1: 5

Post#8 » by Mikchek » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:37 pm

will Tmac hurt Battiers already small value?
Transistor
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by Transistor » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:58 am

CableKC wrote:I was actually considering dropping him in favor of trying to pull Speights, Landy, Dampier then Azu off the waiver wire ( in that order ).

I need some depth at the PF/C positions and wasn't sure whether he'd be worth keeping or not. Like jdubb, I drafted him in the 12th round in a 13 round draft...so the risk is minimal. But I wanted to add some depth at the PF/C spots.

Thoughts anyone? From the news regarrding him prior to this news that he'd return on the 18th.....everything said that he wouldn't be ready to evaluate anything til the end of November...and it was still iffy. I guess I can wait a week to see how he does and hten see if I can get some other PF/C.....but I'm thinking that an oppurtunity to get a decent PF/C option like Speights and Landry may be too good to give up.

Speights is killing it now, if you have a chance to get him now I would pull the trigger. Mcgrady and Rockets are actually sending mixed signals on his return. The thing about T-mac is he usually goes to the media first about his timetable before telling the Rockets. It could actually be longer than a week, but the fact he announced Nov. 18 at the very least shows he is close
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 11927.html
CableKC
RealGM
And1: 10,718

Post#10 » by CableKC » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:28 am

Transistor wrote:
CableKC wrote:I was actually considering dropping him in favor of trying to pull Speights, Landy, Dampier then Azu off the waiver wire ( in that order ).

Speights is killing it now, if you have a chance to get him now I would pull the trigger. Mcgrady and Rockets are actually sending mixed signals on his return. The thing about T-mac is he usually goes to the media first about his timetable before telling the Rockets. It could actually be longer than a week, but the fact he announced Nov. 18 at the very least shows he is close
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 11927.html

Yeah....I decided to try to pull Speights off waivers. I came to the same conclusion about TMac.....I didn't want to hope that TMac gets back to shape by early December.
- In 2024, you are not voting for a "Democrat" or "Republican". You are voting for the Party that will defend Democracy and protect the most vulnerable among us.

#THE_GOP_IS_DEAD
#IT_IS_THE_PARTY_OF_TRUMP_NOW

Return to Fantasy Basketball