Howard's contract with the Lal

Moderator: Smitty731

SlobbaN
Starter
Posts: 2,178
And1: 403
Joined: Sep 25, 2010
   

Howard's contract with the Lal 

Post#1 » by SlobbaN » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:56 am

I'm sorry if it's been posted before, but I couldn't find it.
Can the Lakers give Dwight the max deal over 4\5 years?
Rondo's gone! Welcome home, Mike James! All hail Carlisle!
Ephus
Ballboy
Posts: 7
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 28, 2012

Re: Howard's contract with the Lal 

Post#2 » by Ephus » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Lakers will be able to give Howard the full 5 year max contract after this season. During the season, they could only extend him for three years.
SlobbaN
Starter
Posts: 2,178
And1: 403
Joined: Sep 25, 2010
   

Re: Howard's contract with the Lal 

Post#3 » by SlobbaN » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:37 am

Ephus wrote:Lakers will be able to give Howard the full 5 year max contract after this season. During the season, they could only extend him for three years.

How come they've got Bird's rights for him though?
verbal8
Head Coach
Posts: 6,171
And1: 166
Joined: Jul 20, 2006
Location: Reston, VA
     

Re: Howard's contract with the Lal 

Post#4 » by verbal8 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:05 pm

SlobbaN wrote:
Ephus wrote:Lakers will be able to give Howard the full 5 year max contract after this season. During the season, they could only extend him for three years.

How come they've got Bird's rights for him though?

Bird rights continue as long as a player is not waived. It does not matter if the player is traded.
aamir543
Ballboy
Posts: 2
And1: 0
Joined: Aug 01, 2012

Re: Howard's contract with the Lal 

Post#5 » by aamir543 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:38 pm

But will he get the same money as D-Will or more because his salary figure for 12-13 is more than D-WIll got this past season because Dwight opted in?
Dunkenstein
Starter
Posts: 2,454
And1: 12
Joined: Jun 17, 2002
Location: Santa Monica, CA

Re: Howard's contract with the Lal 

Post#6 » by Dunkenstein » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:12 am

aamir543 wrote:But will he get the same money as D-Will or more because his salary figure for 12-13 is more than D-WIll got this past season because Dwight opted in?

Dwight will get more than DWill for 12-13 when he signs a new contract next summer. The main reason is that he has been in the league one more season than DWill, so had an extra season of raises that got compounded in subsequent contracts.
SlobbaN
Starter
Posts: 2,178
And1: 403
Joined: Sep 25, 2010
   

Re: Howard's contract with the Lal 

Post#7 » by SlobbaN » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:00 am

Thanks a lot for your answers guys. The only hope now is that Dwight will fall out with Kobe and Artest and whomever not and not sign a contract. Then Dallas is the only good team that has enough cap space to sign him ))
Dunkenstein
Starter
Posts: 2,454
And1: 12
Joined: Jun 17, 2002
Location: Santa Monica, CA

Re: Howard's contract with the Lal 

Post#8 » by Dunkenstein » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:38 pm

SlobbaN wrote:The only hope now is that Dwight will fall out with Kobe and Artest and whomever not and not sign a contract. Then Dallas is the only good team that has enough cap space to sign him ))

Hope for you maybe.
boostbasket
Ballboy
Posts: 5
And1: 0
Joined: Sep 27, 2012

Re: Howard's contract with the Lal 

Post#9 » by boostbasket » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:50 am

Thanks a lot for your answers guys.I have same question and get reliable answers.
DBoys
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,511
And1: 47
Joined: Aug 22, 2010

Re: Howard's contract with the Lal 

Post#10 » by DBoys » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:06 am

FYI D12 will be eligible for 5 years totaling almost $118M (117,950,770) ....which is almost $20M more than DWill got (98,772,325).
branny
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,810
And1: 27
Joined: Jun 01, 2012

Re: Howard's contract with the Lal 

Post#11 » by branny » Fri Jan 4, 2013 2:35 pm

SlobbaN wrote:Thanks a lot for your answers guys. The only hope now is that Dwight will fall out with Kobe and Artest and whomever not and not sign a contract. Then Dallas is the only good team that has enough cap space to sign him ))


Unlikely although it would be nice. :(

Return to CBA & Business