Aggregation question

DBoys
Starter
And1: 221

Re: Aggregation question 

Post#16 » by DBoys » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:16 am

Dunkenstein wrote:Since Phoenix had so much cap room, was it even necessary to aggregate Milller's contract with Dyson's? Couldn't they be treated as two separate trades?

If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't a Phoenix issue. It was NO who had Miller, and they were the ones needing to aggregate outgoing TPE from Miller (with Dyson's) to accept the salaries of Warwick and Lopez. Had they not been able to do so, it would have reduced the amount they could offer Lopez by around $1M in 1st year salary, clearly enough to kill the deal.
Dunkenstein
Starter
And1: 13

Re: Aggregation question 

Post#17 » by Dunkenstein » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:32 am

DBoys wrote:
Dunkenstein wrote:Since Phoenix had so much cap room, was it even necessary to aggregate Milller's contract with Dyson's? Couldn't they be treated as two separate trades?

If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't a Phoenix issue. It was NO who had Miller, and they were the ones needing to aggregate outgoing TPE from Miller (with Dyson's) to accept the salaries of Warwick and Lopez. Had they not been able to do so, it would have reduced the amount they could offer Lopez by around $1M in 1st year salary, clearly enough to kill the deal.

I see. Thanks.

Return to CBA & Business