If anyone wants to listen to me blather...

LarryCoon
Rookie
And1: 0

If anyone wants to listen to me blather... 

Post#1 » by LarryCoon » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:27 am

I did RealGM Radio tonight:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/RealGM
2stupid2
Banned User

Re: If anyone wants to listen to me blather... 

Post#2 » by 2stupid2 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:48 am

Blather is one of the very last verbs to describe your knowledge of the CBA. Didn't hear it, though.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,653

Post#3 » by dockingsched » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:27 am

you need to be on more often to break down all these salary cap issues and financial considerations that lead to the many trades we see and rumors we hear, or at least a post trade deadline interview. it would make fans just all that much more knowledgeable about what u refer to as team building.

great interview imo.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
MilMinMan
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by MilMinMan » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:55 am

i was really excited to listen to your interview, but i couldn't take the sound quality.

could be i'm just too picky, but i couldn't make out every third word.
Hear me now, and believe me later, and think about it sometime, but make a note of it now - visit www.canishoopus.com
KenB_09
Ballboy

Post#5 » by KenB_09 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:25 pm

If you have questions about the CBA a really good place to look is SportsAgentBlog.com. They guy who runs it has studied the CBAs for the major sports extensively and can answer any questions. He also is the CEO of Dynasty Athlete Representation so he knows what he's talking about. Their latest video can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWW1pQEaIXE
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#6 » by shrink » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:42 pm

dcash4 wrote:you need to be on more often to break down all these salary cap issues and financial considerations that lead to the many trades we see and rumors we hear, or at least a post trade deadline interview. it would make fans just all that much more knowledgeable about what u refer to as team building.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, so its nice that you and RealGM are thinking ahead, predicting what we want to hear.

As I was watching TV yesterday afternoon waiting for trade announcements, I was treated to analysis by my least-favorite commentator, Stephen A Smith. Anyway, somebody must have sat him down and prepped him with some rudimentary knowledge of the salary cap, because until the very end, he didn't make the massive mistakes I would have predicted on the subject. I thought at the time, "If ESPN is taking the time to teach this stuff to Stephen A, then they have to realize its importance. I wonder if they'd have Larry on?" I then came back down to earth, and realized this is generic, whiz-bang ESPN, and we RealGMers are still a very small and peculiar audience. We won't see a "Top Ten Financial Moves of the Day" anytime soon.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#7 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:33 pm

hawt

Return to CBA & Business