Worrying about taxes

Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 123

Re: Worrying about taxes 

Post#41 » by Three34 » Sun Jul 5, 2009 10:32 pm

I'd like to drag this thread back to the initial question, but I'm not sure what it was.
bball55
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#42 » by bball55 » Sun Jul 5, 2009 10:34 pm

It was about "why fans care about money being spent by owners for players". But, twisted logics of fans will take time to understand where and whys.
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#43 » by Three34 » Sun Jul 5, 2009 10:34 pm

Because it's fun to some of us.
bball55
Freshman

Post#44 » by bball55 » Sun Jul 5, 2009 10:37 pm

Eh, same. Fun here as well. (for some fans. i am not alone in that thoughts.)
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by Three34 » Sun Jul 5, 2009 10:39 pm

Well if you agree, then why the bloody hell did you ask?
bball55
Freshman

Post#46 » by bball55 » Sun Jul 5, 2009 10:41 pm

didn't agree with you or agreed with you.. (you said any opinion about my question?)
Having fun of chatting and learning alltogether.
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by Three34 » Sun Jul 5, 2009 10:43 pm

We'll try this again: Do you, bball55, think it's fun to talk about player's salaries, the salary cap, the luxury tax, Mid Level Exceptions, and all of that bollocks?
bball55
Freshman

Post#48 » by bball55 » Sun Jul 5, 2009 10:46 pm

Sure. Especially, when questioning some illogical things. (to help on improvements.)
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by Three34 » Sun Jul 5, 2009 10:49 pm

Right. So do a lot of the rest of us. And so that's why we talk about it,

Does that answer your original question?
bball55
Freshman

Post#50 » by bball55 » Sun Jul 5, 2009 10:50 pm

Let me try again.

Why fans care about money being spent by owners for players?
Fans, lets have fan. Reasonable, preferrable.
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by Three34 » Sun Jul 5, 2009 10:51 pm

Tell why we we shouldn't care. Do so clearly, please.
bball55
Freshman

Post#52 » by bball55 » Sun Jul 5, 2009 10:54 pm

You first. Tell me why you care. Bc you are having fun? But, i find it everywhere this "care" being taken very seriously. Big fights on that. This is fun? Not sure for majority. Maybe, you are exceptional. ok, then, asking the majority. Next please.
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Three34 » Sun Jul 5, 2009 11:16 pm

Alrighty.

Do you know why your hypothetical scenarios in this thread do not come to fruition? Let me tell you; it's not because of peer pressure, guilt, remorse, or lack of guts. It's because of this:

http://www.nbpa.com/cba_articles.php

That right there is the Collective Bargaining Agreement. It is an extremely complex document that covers how much teams are allowed to spend, and how they can spend it. The business of spending money on NBA players is extremely tightly regulated. There's only so much you can do, and only a few methods by which you can do it. And they are all covered in that document.

The reason your hypotheticals in this thread don't happen is because of that document. (Well, that and their rank stupidity.) That document is all-encompassing, all-knowing, and all-important. And the fact that that document has such a large impact on the past, present and future make-up of NBA basketball is why some of us feel the need to regularly get off over it.

We care about how our owners spend their money because we understand that the amount that they spend - and the means by which they do it - has a significant impact on our team's future flexibility. You don't understand that, though, as you've demonstrated in this thread. Therein lies the bit you're missing.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#54 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Mon Jul 6, 2009 12:35 am

Sham wrote:Alrighty.

Do you know why your hypothetical scenarios in this thread do not come to fruition? Let me tell you; it's not because of peer pressure, guilt, remorse, or lack of guts. It's because of this:

http://www.nbpa.com/cba_articles.php

That right there is the Collective Bargaining Agreement. It is an extremely complex document that covers how much teams are allowed to spend, and how they can spend it. The business of spending money on NBA players is extremely tightly regulated. There's only so much you can do, and only a few methods by which you can do it. And they are all covered in that document.

The reason your hypotheticals in this thread don't happen is because of that document. (Well, that and their rank stupidity.) That document is all-encompassing, all-knowing, and all-important. And the fact that that document has such a large impact on the past, present and future make-up of NBA basketball is why some of us feel the need to regularly get off over it.

We care about how our owners spend their money because we understand that the amount that they spend - and the means by which they do it - has a significant impact on our team's future flexibility. You don't understand that, though, as you've demonstrated in this thread. Therein lies the bit you're missing.

Well said, Sham.
:clap:

I do find it somewhat amusing and ironic that someone with the views held by the original poster would sign up for an account on RealGM.com. And that their join date would be on the 4th of July, considering what they say in relation to American capitalism :)

And whatever one's thoughts on American capitalism are, the NBA is in institution built on and within American capitalism, and I'm sure even critics of American capitalism at least recognize how intertwined it is with the NBA
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
FGump
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by FGump » Mon Jul 6, 2009 3:27 am

This "I can barely speak English" forum name was born and began making illogical posts after someone was watching the movie "Borat," I bet.

Return to CBA & Business