Forum Bugs

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,599

Re: Forum Bugs 

Post#121 » by Howard Mass » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:23 am

rockmanslim: We had a surge in boards traffic but our hosting company was able to fix it quickly.

Scraptor: We sometimes have a high spike in traffic and we hope to fix these occasional down times when we have this spike.

On the Anti-Virus triggers, it's usually a Signature or Avatar that is doing this. We thought we had fixed this problem but we plan to do more to prevent this. If you see it anywhere, please let me know.

We are planning some major changes to the forums this year but first we plan to correct problems like this before we proceed to make any changes.

We regret the inconvenience to you and any users that were affected tonight by the downtime.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Spacing
Banned User
And1: 2,252

Post#122 » by Spacing » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:56 pm

What's with all the SQL Server errors?

Do you guys not own hosting servers in various locations? This can alleviate some of the stress on the site by having locational servers.

Edit: Just a side note, love the site - not hating!
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 342

Post#123 » by dream34 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:34 pm

It's been a tough week here with a lot of bad timing. We tried to make a lot of updates so things would run smoothly today, but it had the opposite effect. We've been chasing our tails fixing issues and improving efficiency of the latest phpBB version. We believe things are in a good place now though, so hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out.
Spacing
Banned User
And1: 2,252

Post#124 » by Spacing » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:15 pm

dream34 wrote:It's been a tough week here with a lot of bad timing. We tried to make a lot of updates so things would run smoothly today, but it had the opposite effect. We've been chasing our tails fixing issues and improving efficiency of the latest phpBB version. We believe things are in a good place now though, so hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out.

Thanks things seems smoother now. Most of the issues were from PC browsing. On my phone the site works exceptionally fast.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#125 » by Howard Mass » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:08 pm

Spacing,

Sounds good.

Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,926

Post#126 » by Ado05 » Fri Mar 8, 2013 12:18 am

And 1 button is messed up.

There is not button, just the box showing how many And 1's the post has gotten.

I tried Control + R, didnt do anything.

EDIT: Ouu, great job RealGM. Looks great, and its in the perfect spot! :clap:
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#127 » by Howard Mass » Fri Mar 8, 2013 5:05 am

Sounds good.

Suga2Panda
Rookie
And1: 670

Post#128 » by Suga2Panda » Sat Mar 9, 2013 9:01 am

Anyone browsing using an android phone suddenly have your internet app exit for no reason? keeps happening to me for the last few days now. Only on realgm.
Banned User
And1: 536

Post#129 » by 420 » Sat Mar 9, 2013 11:53 pm

Not sure if this is thread worthy, but two things:

1) When posting a reply, when you click on the wink smiley to the right hand side, a different smiley appears than the one shown.

The one shown is ;)

Code: Select all

;)

The one that comes up is :wink:

:wink:

2) The :clap: smiley doesn't appear in the "View more smilies" list (I checked all 3 pages).
Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,926

Post#130 » by Ado05 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:04 am

420 wrote:Not sure if this is thread worthy, but two things:

1) When posting a reply, when you click on the wink smiley to the right hand side, a different smiley appears than the one shown.

The one shown is ;)

;)

The one that comes up is :wink:

:wink:

2) The :clap: smiley doesn't appear in the "View more smilies" list (I checked all 3 pages).

Its on page one for me.

The second one in the second row.
Banned User
And1: 536

Post#131 » by 420 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:25 am

^ yup, I see the clap now. Maybe I missed it before, but I double checked. :-? Either way, thanks.

Still nothing with the ;) showing up as :wink: though when you click the smiley on the right hand side.
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#132 » by dream34 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:46 pm

Suga2Panda wrote:Anyone browsing using an android phone suddenly have your internet app exit for no reason? keeps happening to me for the last few days now. Only on realgm.

Browsing the forums or the site?
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#133 » by Left Side Drive » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:51 pm

I think there is a bug with my forum status. I was suspended once for a minor incident and after awhile of having the 'suspended' it has changed to 'waived'? How can you fix this?
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#134 » by Howard Mass » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:14 am

Left Side Drive,

Our Contractor has been working on fixing this for the past couple of days.

You now have your regular rank back.

Suga2Panda
Rookie
And1: 670

Post#135 » by Suga2Panda » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:17 am

dream34 wrote:
Suga2Panda wrote:Anyone browsing using an android phone suddenly have your internet app exit for no reason? keeps happening to me for the last few days now. Only on realgm.

It's only happened on the forums so far, I haven't spent much time on the other parts of the site.

I should mention that it happens every time I try to browse the forums, within 15 seconds to 2 minutes, the browser will just exit.
Neato
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Champ
And1: 6,080

Post#136 » by Neato » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:44 pm

Suga2Panda wrote:
dream34 wrote:

It's only happened on the forums so far, I haven't spent much time on the other parts of the site.

I should mention that it happens every time I try to browse the forums, within 15 seconds to 2 minutes, the browser will just exit.

This has been happening to me as well on my android phone. I have experienced this using several different browsers on the phone, including dolphin mini, boat, and stock android browser. For me, it happens whenever I'm reading a thread and click on another page within that thread. It immediately exits. I think there are other situations, but the most consistent situation is the one I described. I mainly stick to reading the Magic board, so I can't comment about other boards. Other websites outside of realgm seem fine.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#137 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:40 am

Do a bunch of thinned skinned wussies on the General Board count as a bug? ;)
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#138 » by dream34 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:11 pm

validity wrote:This has been happening to me as well on my android phone. I have experienced this using several different browsers on the phone, including dolphin mini, boat, and stock android browser. For me, it happens whenever I'm reading a thread and click on another page within that thread. It immediately exits. I think there are other situations, but the most consistent situation is the one I described. I mainly stick to reading the Magic board, so I can't comment about other boards. Other websites outside of realgm seem fine.

It is likely an issue with the phone browser not being able to handle the forums and it's crashing it. We are going to be releasing an Android and iOS app very soon that will help out with these issues.
Neato
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Champ
And1: 6,080

Post#139 » by Neato » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:15 pm

dream34 wrote:
validity wrote:This has been happening to me as well on my android phone. I have experienced this using several different browsers on the phone, including dolphin mini, boat, and stock android browser. For me, it happens whenever I'm reading a thread and click on another page within that thread. It immediately exits. I think there are other situations, but the most consistent situation is the one I described. I mainly stick to reading the Magic board, so I can't comment about other boards. Other websites outside of realgm seem fine.

It is likely an issue with the phone browser not being able to handle the forums and it's crashing it. We are going to be releasing an Android and iOS app very soon that will help out with these issues.

That would be great. I have been using my phone regularly to view the forum the last few years, but right now there isn't much use in doing that.
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 4,992

Post#140 » by rockmanslim » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:33 pm

I can barely browse any forum. Initially, I can click on a forum link and it's successful (like this thread), but then any further clicks on any other forum, and the browser hangs. It's not the browser because I can surf other sites just fine.

Is the board broken?
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

Return to Feedback and Suggestions