Help with Posting

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
LEHGOCELTICS
Banned User
And1: 11

Help with Posting 

Post#1 » by LEHGOCELTICS » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Hey, I joined RealGM about 2-3 months ago, and was finally granted permission to post in the general forums about two weeks ago. But then suddenly, the ability to post new threads and post in other members' threads were gone, and I began getting the message "new members cannot post in the general board for X amount of days". I have not incurred any infractions or warnings so I don't know why this is happening. Help! This has been a really frustrating and cumbersome process. :-?

Also, when I try to PM mods, I get the message "I can only private message administrators and moderators until November 04, 2012", and then I cannot send the message. Pretty ludicrous if you ask me.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Re: Help with Posting 

Post#2 » by Basti » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:00 pm

Re PMs: I have no idea why it doesn't work but it might be caused because the higher ups are currently are doing maintenance/upgrades on the PM system and I assume it causes some minor mishaps for several, if not all posters.

Re GB board: Some months ago we introduced a 30 day waiting period for newly registered users before they could post or start threads on the GB. Then, in early September we introduced our new and much stricter General Board Forum policy which included an extension on the waiting period from 30 to 100 days. Unfortunately for those who had already waited for 30 days and were granted permission to post and start threads lost that again (for reasons unknown to me). The other week we noticed a glitch within that feature. It's being worked on but all I can tell you right now is to be patient. It won't be long until you can post on the GB.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Re: Help with Posting 

Post#3 » by Howard Mass » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:26 am

PMS: Were currently working on it but have to upgrade our phpbb first. This cold happen any week now.

Basti: Thanks for answering this.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions