Why do we lock or move threads at every chance?

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,929

Re: Why do we lock or move threads at every chance? 

Post#21 » by Ado05 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:07 pm

I dont mind them moving or locking any thing. I do think they should provide a reason why it is getting locked (which they sometimes do).
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 19,953

Post#22 » by tsherkin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:32 am

Mattd97 wrote:if theyre making the right call im not sure theres anything to hide from.

I'm still disinclined to agree with this. Sometimes, it's a super-easy call, but people don't read the policy threads and what-not, so they still heckle and annoy the mods with pointless questions about something that should be extremely obvious. This is an issue that the Raptors mods will look at, of course, it won't go undiscussed, but keep in mind that because of the size and level of activity of the Raptors board, there are a lot of posters who don't always act in a properly level-headed manner. Several of them even have agendas against certain mods (and this isn't exclusive to the Raps board, by any means), so it's not always worth it to give them potential fodder, even if the decision made by the mod is the clearly correct one.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Post#23 » by Howard Mass » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Some forums are large and need strict rules. Sometimes there are tough calls.

I do stand behind the Moderator Team on these calls.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Mattd97
Head Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#24 » by Mattd97 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:34 pm

i think the mods by and large do an excellent job too. but for seemingly good threads that get locked, an explanation would make it more understandable and allow for an appropriate debate on teh reasons for locking in the feedback section or PM to the mod who made the call. and for dumb threads created by the kids, it would save the three following locked 'why was my thread locked' threads

my suggestion isnt to not close threads, 90% of closed threads should unquestionably be locked, its just to allow for discussion of it and perhaps empower the member knowing why and that he can discuss it rationally with the mod if they feel that way
vergogna wrote:- game starts at 3.50
- nice passing at 4.15
- BARGS REBOUND at 4.47
- BARGS REBOUND (almost) at 6.23
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,384

Post#25 » by YogiStewart » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Mattd97 wrote:i think the mods by and large do an excellent job too. but for seemingly good threads that get locked, an explanation would make it more understandable and allow for an appropriate debate on teh reasons for locking in the feedback section or PM to the mod who made the call. and for dumb threads created by the kids, it would save the three following locked 'why was my thread locked' threads

my suggestion isnt to not close threads, 90% of closed threads should unquestionably be locked, its just to allow for discussion of it and perhaps empower the member knowing why and that he can discuss it rationally with the mod if they feel that way

we mods decided a while back to post an explanation as to why threads were being locked.

i think this fell by the wayside a few weeks ago, when there were a ridiculous # of overlapping (and some pointless) threads appearing on the board, making it unreadable.

there also are some mods that are more active than others. hence, someone like Ozzy getting the rap for being the King of the Locks. him putting his name behind the locks only served to make him a target.
Mattd97
Head Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#26 » by Mattd97 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:06 am

YogiStewart wrote:
Mattd97 wrote:i think the mods by and large do an excellent job too. but for seemingly good threads that get locked, an explanation would make it more understandable and allow for an appropriate debate on teh reasons for locking in the feedback section or PM to the mod who made the call. and for dumb threads created by the kids, it would save the three following locked 'why was my thread locked' threads

we mods decided a while back to post an explanation as to why threads were being locked.

i think this fell by the wayside a few weeks ago, when there were a ridiculous # of overlapping (and some pointless) threads appearing on the board, making it unreadable.

there also are some mods that are more active than others. hence, someone like Ozzy getting the rap for being the King of the Locks. him putting his name behind the locks only served to make him a target.

the bolded part is certainly true enough. i suppose we just cant have nice things cause of the sheer volume of morons
vergogna wrote:- game starts at 3.50
- nice passing at 4.15
- BARGS REBOUND at 4.47
- BARGS REBOUND (almost) at 6.23
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Post#27 » by Howard Mass » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:26 pm

This has been answered.

Locked.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions