Forum Bugs, Account Issues and App Issues

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,647

Re: Forum Bugs, Account Issues and App Issues 

Post#301 » by Howard Mass » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:50 pm

KornelDavidFan wrote:Hello.
Can I have my forum account deleted?.

KornelDavidFan,

Why do you want to do this?

In these situations, I usually advice Users to log out and return when they are ready.

Please let me know.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
KornelDavidFan
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#302 » by KornelDavidFan » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:14 pm

Howard Mass wrote:

KornelDavidFan,

In these situations, I usually advice Users to log out and return when they are ready.

Please let me know.

Hi Howard
I do understand what you mean and that would be one way of not posting until some point in the future.
Still I have this tendency of removing accounts that I no longer use; no particular reason actually but just get rid of stuff that I am not using any more.
Is there any additional information that you may need in order to proceed with my request, so that you can confirm my identity or stuff like that?.
Please let me know.
Thanks,
KDF
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#303 » by Howard Mass » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:13 am

KornelDavidFan wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:

KornelDavidFan,

Please let me know.

Hi Howard
I do understand what you mean and that would be one way of not posting until some point in the future.
Still I have this tendency of removing accounts that I no longer use; no particular reason actually but just get rid of stuff that I am not using any more.
Is there any additional information that you may need in order to proceed with my request, so that you can confirm my identity or stuff like that?.
Please let me know.
Thanks,
KDF

KornelDavidFan,

We do not delete accounts.

The best thing for you to do is log out and come back when you are ready.

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#304 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:16 pm

Howard Mass wrote:
KornelDavidFan wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
KornelDavidFan,

Please let me know.

Hi Howard
Please let me know.
Thanks,
KDF

KornelDavidFan,

Technically, if he is really concerned about his email address being associated with an account here, he could always edit his RealGM account profile settings and change his email address to one he doesn't use.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
KornelDavidFan
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#305 » by KornelDavidFan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:56 pm

Ok not a problem.
Thanks anyways.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#306 » by Howard Mass » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:01 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
KornelDavidFan wrote:
Hi Howard
Please let me know.
Thanks,
KDF

KornelDavidFan,

Technically, if he is really concerned about his email address being associated with an account here, he could always edit his RealGM account profile settings and change his email address to one he doesn't use.

This is true.

BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#307 » by BadWolf » Sat Oct 1, 2016 9:53 am

Howard Mass wrote:In the other thread, CR Reina said this is being worked on.

Just wanted to let you know.

I tried chrome again and had no issues so far.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#308 » by Howard Mass » Sat Oct 1, 2016 10:44 am

Awesome.

Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#309 » by Aaron It Out » Wed Oct 5, 2016 10:01 pm

Couple things. Many apologies if these have been addressed but I didn't see them in other stickies or on the first page.

1. Are the issues with the mobile app being looked into? I feel like it's been several months since my last snarky comment on one of HM's announcement posts asking for feedback regarding the mobile site. I've had to completely stop using it because I never know when it's done loading and therefore I end up reading about a hockey coach I've never heard of instead of my cynical friends on the Bucks board. It's unfortunate because I don't really like using Tapatalk/RealGM app due to the lack of Twitter embedding, but that's the smoothest mobile RealGM experience I can get right now.

2. Does anyone else have issues staying logged in on the desktop site? Feels like I get logged off every few hours. Thanks to bookmarks and Dashlane I have the logging in process down to 1 click, but still thought it was weird. That's been going on for me for several months. Hell maybe a year.
- could very possibly be an element I blocked with an ad blocker. feel like it started around when I made those changes. (no offense, but your ads are so intrusive that I have no option but to use one).
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#310 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Oct 6, 2016 3:12 pm

Aaron It Out wrote:Couple things. Many apologies if these have been addressed but I didn't see them in other stickies or on the first page.

1. Are the issues with the mobile app being looked into? I feel like it's been several months since my last snarky comment on one of HM's announcement posts asking for feedback regarding the mobile site. I've had to completely stop using it because I never know when it's done loading and therefore I end up reading about a hockey coach I've never heard of instead of my cynical friends on the Bucks board. It's unfortunate because I don't really like using Tapatalk/RealGM app due to the lack of Twitter embedding, but that's the smoothest mobile RealGM experience I can get right now.

2. Does anyone else have issues staying logged in on the desktop site? Feels like I get logged off every few hours. Thanks to bookmarks and Dashlane I have the logging in process down to 1 click, but still thought it was weird. That's been going on for me for several months. Hell maybe a year.
- could very possibly be an element I blocked with an ad blocker. feel like it started around when I made those changes. (no offense, but your ads are so intrusive that I have no option but to use one).

1) I don't use the app. I use a Browser with Ad-Blocker for Android. No issues at all.

2) I am on my work PC now and have been logged on for over a year now. I haven't been kicked off once and stayed logged on the whole time. But, there can be a multitude of issues that would get you locked off. One, if your DNS or IP address changes, IT issues with your office or home, poor internet connection etc etc

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#311 » by SMTBSI » Sat Oct 8, 2016 5:48 am

Funny little bug occurred for me just now when commenting on a wiretap. Might be a one-off glitch? Might be only me?

I made a post, clicked submit, and it seemed to go through, but my post did not show up in the thread. I refreshed the page, and it still wasn't there. So, I hit the back button, decided to add some more to the post, and clicked submit again. This time it showed up in the thread.

Thing is, it turns out the original post did show up in the wiretap viewer. So, right now, you can see both parts of my double post in the wiretap viewer, but only one in the full thread.

Notice how in the wiretap viewer, I have three consecutive posts after damecurry, whereas in the thread I only have two (posts #21 and #22).

I'm posting from a PC.
uncleoswald
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#312 » by uncleoswald » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:12 pm

search isn't showing recent posts for me.
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 342

Post#313 » by dream34 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:15 pm

uncleoswald wrote:search isn't showing recent posts for me.

How recent? Posts won't instantly show up in search results as everything had to be cached, but if it's more than a day it is definitely an issue.
uncleoswald
Sophomore

Post#314 » by uncleoswald » Tue Nov 1, 2016 2:14 am

dream34 wrote:
uncleoswald wrote:search isn't showing recent posts for me.

How recent? Posts won't instantly show up in search results as everything had to be cached, but if it's more than a day it is definitely an issue.

i can't see anything you posted after sept. 29.
uncleoswald
Sophomore

Post#315 » by uncleoswald » Fri Nov 4, 2016 3:04 am

if it can't be helped, can the new account i made be approved? maybe that would help. i will private message the information if so.
uncleoswald
Sophomore

Post#316 » by uncleoswald » Mon Nov 7, 2016 10:46 pm

works now.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#317 » by Howard Mass » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:49 am

uncleoswald wrote:works now.

Sounds good and glad everything is working.

BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#318 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:52 am

Yo Howie or Rein, I been wondering for a long while now but never brought it up, why is it some threads NEVER show up when looking at "My Posts"? Most of the time they are game threads buut many threads just will never show up. I can post 10 times in a thread and that thread will never show up. It is weird. I will have to visit the team board to look at threads or hope for a Notification to follow some threads. Any idea?

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 342

Post#319 » by dream34 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:29 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Yo Howie or Rein, I been wondering for a long while now but never brought it up, why is it some threads NEVER show up when looking at "My Posts"? Most of the time they are game threads buut many threads just will never show up. I can post 10 times in a thread and that thread will never show up. It is weird. I will have to visit the team board to look at threads or hope for a Notification to follow some threads. Any idea?

I'm not sure what the interval is, possibly just once overnight, but the search system isn't updated in real time so there is a delay from the time you post something until it appears in the My Posts search results.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#320 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:36 pm

dream34 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Yo Howie or Rein, I been wondering for a long while now but never brought it up, why is it some threads NEVER show up when looking at "My Posts"? Most of the time they are game threads buut many threads just will never show up. I can post 10 times in a thread and that thread will never show up. It is weird. I will have to visit the team board to look at threads or hope for a Notification to follow some threads. Any idea?

I'm not sure what the interval is, possibly just once overnight, but the search system isn't updated in real time so there is a delay from the time you post something until it appears in the My Posts search results.

It is no delay. I will say that I posted at least 10 times on the Pistons and Magic game threads and not once has any of those posts showed up on "My Posts" link even days later. They never show up. Thus, this is most definitely a Forum glitch, not a "delay." Others have mentioned it in Game threads when I talked about it, so I am not the only one.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Feedback and Suggestions