Omg been waiting an eternity to post on general Nba board

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
TheChosenOne-
Banned User
And1: 17

Omg been waiting an eternity to post on general Nba board 

Post#1 » by TheChosenOne- » Fri Sep 6, 2013 7:37 am

Omg you guys really need to make new users wait an eternity to post on general Nba board? I joined two months ago and the stupid warning says I need to wait 41 more days before I can post on general nba boards. There have been a bunch of topics I wanted to post in but because of this ridiculous wait I cant post in them and once those 41 days are up I dont wanna go back and respond cause ill probably bump 25 old topics within 10 minutes.

I think this makes a very small or no difference at all in the quality of posts so might as well get rid of this 3+ month restriction for new users. If new users make inappropriate comments or violate any other rule in tos then just delete or edit them. Make the mods earn their paycheck.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Re: Omg been waiting an eternity to post on general Nba boar 

Post#2 » by Basti » Fri Sep 6, 2013 4:59 pm

You think it barely makes a difference but as a General Board moderator, and I'm sure I can speak on behalf of the rest of them as well, there has certainly been a big difference after this rule was implemented. You just have to be patient.

You should be ready to post by the time the new season starts, so take that as a silver lining.

Oh and before I forget it, no moderator gets a paycheck. It's all voluntary.
TheChosenOne-
Banned User
And1: 17

Post#3 » by TheChosenOne- » Fri Sep 6, 2013 8:57 pm

Basti wrote:You think it barely makes a difference but as a General Board moderator, and I'm sure I can speak on behalf of the rest of them as well, there has certainly been a big difference after this rule was implemented. You just have to be patient.

You should be ready to post by the time the new season starts, so take that as a silver lining.

Oh and before I forget it, no moderator gets a paycheck. It's all voluntary.

There was a topic on the general board that asked posters if they would pay money to post in this site and I remember a mod saying it would be a good idea cause it would increase mod salary or something similar to that
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,074

Post#4 » by tsherkin » Sat Sep 7, 2013 4:51 pm

It's called a joke; you know, a comment made for the sake of amusement?
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,624

Post#5 » by Howard Mass » Mon Sep 9, 2013 1:56 pm

tsherkin and Basti,

Thanks for answering these questions.

TheChosenOne: You will be posting on the forum next month. Hang in there.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,074

Post#6 » by tsherkin » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Just to add on to the discussion in this post:

The waiting period gives us a chance to evaluate posters before they come to what is the most tightly-moderated forum on RealGM. We'd rather get a feel for a poster before having them take down a couple of quick warnings and Read-Only Access or a full-out RealGM ban. It gives the posters a chance to acclimatize themselves to the RealGM environment, which is very different from a lot of the other basketball forums out there on the Internet. It's kind of a pain if you came over from [insert forum here] and were used to a little bit more relaxed an environment and then WHAM, you take down a couple of quick warnings that push you along the ban scale and earn you a rep with the mods as a PITA poster. This way, you can play around on the more relaxed team forums, see the OT and CA boards, try out the PC board (although that's tightening up a bit as well as we try to deal with problem posters and such) and get your feet wet.

We get that you don't like to wait, but that's the way things are and the board itself is better for the introduction of the waiting period, so it is likely to stay that way a long time. Your waiting period is dwindling as we speak, so you'll get there eventually.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,624

Post#7 » by Howard Mass » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:49 pm

tsherkin,

Thank you for the response.

I could not have written that up better myself.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions