RealGM App and Mobile Questions Thread

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

RealGM App and Mobile Questions Thread 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:45 am

RealGM Users,

Please ask all of your APP and Mobile questions in this thread.

Dream34 will drop by and answer them.

Keep in mind that the app was developed by a third party so we don't have full control over it. We can't add customizations, but do our best to release updates so bug fixes and new features can be implemented.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
nikomCH
Bench Warmer
And1: 191

Re: RealGM App and Mobile Questions Thread 

Post#2 » by nikomCH » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:37 am

The android mobile app keeps logging me out after leaving the app, started happening after the nee update
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#3 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:54 am

nikomCH wrote:The android mobile app keeps logging me out after leaving the app, started happening after the nee update

I'm having this same problem I have to sign in every time. How can I make it keep me logged in?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 342

Post#4 » by dream34 » Mon Mar 3, 2014 8:32 pm

I'm not sure why. Must be an issue with Tapatalk. I can alert them about it. Hopefully it will be resolved in their next update.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#5 » by Phish Tank » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:30 pm

i have the iphone app and set a signature in my settings, but the signature doesn't show up in my posts, when I look at it online.

Do you know what I'm doing wrong?
m1kenoff
Bench Warmer
And1: 482

Post#6 » by m1kenoff » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:42 pm

why does the realgm ipad app suck so much?

- there is no back button
- no quick reply

please note that not having a back button makes this app very annoying to use. Why even have an app if it is less convenient than the website?

also , minimzing the app makes you exit- really dumb.
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#7 » by dream34 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:46 pm

m1kenoff wrote:why does the realgm ipad app suck so much?

- no quick reply

please note that not having a back button makes this app very annoying to use. Why even have an app if it is less convenient than the website?

If you find it less convenient, simply don't use it. Especially on an iPad which has a much larger screen than a phone.
m1kenoff
Bench Warmer

Post#8 » by m1kenoff » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:05 pm

dream34 wrote:
m1kenoff wrote:why does the realgm ipad app suck so much?

- no quick reply

If you find it less convenient, simply don't use it. Especially on an iPad which has a much larger screen than a phone.

Thanks for your quick response!

Sorry if I sounded crass or rude but I was quite frustrated with the app at the moment.

Ofcourse I can stop using it, but I thought it would help to provide feedback, from which changes can be made or at least answers to my queries can be given.

Your response does not indicate either of those! I mean, I am just curious as to what was the point of designing the app and getting people to download it in this case? And what is the point of asking for feedback if you do not plan on using it, but instead say things like 'simply dont use it'.
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#9 » by dream34 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:28 pm

We added the mobile app because a ton of people requested support for Tapatalk. The app itself is a customized version of the Tapatalk software, which is maintained by them. We can't make any real changes directly to the code, but can pass on any real bugs or issues to them.

Everyone has different expectations for the mobile app that we unfortunately don't have the resources to fulfill as of now, so it's kind of stuck in a place of 'use it if you find it helpful' or just check the forums through your browser. We value everyone's feedback, but our hands are tied when it comes to the mobile platform.
m1kenoff
Bench Warmer

Post#10 » by m1kenoff » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:10 pm

Thanks for the explanation!
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#11 » by MisterHibachi » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:19 pm

I sometimes read realGM on my phone's Chrome browser. It's been fine for the most part, but recently, the site is acting up a little. i'm kinda impatient so I click on links before the page fully loads, but its started to just freeze for a few minutes if I tap a link before the page is fully loaded. After the page is finished loading it unfreezes then I can click on whatever thread I want. It's only happening on realGM and not on any other website. I don't know if its a problem with my phone, the site itself, or something else. It's not too big an issue, I can be more patient and wait for the whole page to load, but just want some clarification on where the issue is, whether its on my side or the website. Much appreciated.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#12 » by KingDavid » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:14 pm

I use the real gm app on my phone and tablet. How come gifs dont work?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using RealGM Forums mobile app
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#13 » by dream34 » Fri Apr 4, 2014 10:18 pm

KingDavid wrote:I use the real gm app on my phone and tablet. How come gifs dont work?

No idea. Might be an Android thing? They never work for me on any site.
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#14 » by dream34 » Fri Apr 4, 2014 10:19 pm

MisterHibachi wrote:I sometimes read realGM on my phone's Chrome browser. It's been fine for the most part, but recently, the site is acting up a little. i'm kinda impatient so I click on links before the page fully loads, but its started to just freeze for a few minutes if I tap a link before the page is fully loaded. After the page is finished loading it unfreezes then I can click on whatever thread I want. It's only happening on realGM and not on any other website. I don't know if its a problem with my phone, the site itself, or something else. It's not too big an issue, I can be more patient and wait for the whole page to load, but just want some clarification on where the issue is, whether its on my side or the website. Much appreciated.

Are things running faster yet? We had been clearing the forums cache a lot which was slowing things down a little bit, but we are just about finished making changes so things should be back to normal soon.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#15 » by KingDavid » Fri Apr 4, 2014 10:37 pm

dream34 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:I use the real gm app on my phone and tablet. How come gifs dont work?

Oh ok. Well thanks for getting back with me. Great job on the forum though. I like the new look. Make the team logos link to their respective team forums though! Might get more traffic into the other sport forums on this site 8-)
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#16 » by Howard Mass » Sat Apr 5, 2014 12:35 am

KingDavid wrote:
dream34 wrote:

Oh ok. Well thanks for getting back with me. Great job on the forum though. I like the new look. Make the team logos link to their respective team forums though! Might get more traffic into the other sport forums on this site 8-)

KingDavid,

We might do this next go-around.

Were hopeful the MyForums feature will help with traffic to those other forums and I'll be making an Announcement about it Sunday or Monday.

Dream34 did an outstanding job implementing the updates.

MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#17 » by MisterHibachi » Sat Apr 5, 2014 3:09 am

dream34 wrote:
MisterHibachi wrote:I sometimes read realGM on my phone's Chrome browser. It's been fine for the most part, but recently, the site is acting up a little. i'm kinda impatient so I click on links before the page fully loads, but its started to just freeze for a few minutes if I tap a link before the page is fully loaded. After the page is finished loading it unfreezes then I can click on whatever thread I want. It's only happening on realGM and not on any other website. I don't know if its a problem with my phone, the site itself, or something else. It's not too big an issue, I can be more patient and wait for the whole page to load, but just want some clarification on where the issue is, whether its on my side or the website. Much appreciated.

Are things running faster yet? We had been clearing the forums cache a lot which was slowing things down a little bit, but we are just about finished making changes so things should be back to normal soon.

Yeah, the updates seem to have fixed the issue. Mobile website running smoother than ever before.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#18 » by Howard Mass » Sat Apr 5, 2014 7:59 am

Sounds good.

ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#19 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sat Apr 5, 2014 4:26 pm

Hi dream,

I'm looking at the browser site of realgm on my iphone. There is some ad on the side about a game called deer hunter. Anytime that ad is on my browser it minimizes the browser and opens the App Store asking me to download. I am not clicking this ad either. If you could get rid of it or fix it I'd appreciate it, constantly minimizing while browsing is annoying!
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#20 » by Sleepy51 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:08 am

Anyone else experiencing iOS app crashes when trying to load a topic? This started for me Friday and now crashes every time
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?

Return to Feedback and Suggestions