And 1% based of # of posts

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Fidel Sarcasmo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

And 1% based of # of posts 

Post#1 » by Fidel Sarcasmo » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:03 am

I do a lot of reading on here, not much of a poster, been on Real GM since 03'

I'd like to inquire about the possibility in the future of creating a visible rating that takes in to account the percentage of And 1's to the total number of posts made. Generally I find the people with the higher % really have something more interesting to say, not to say anything bad about the mass-posters on here. But quality in my book is always valued. And to another extent, the quote percentage to that of the posts made. Cause that'll show some signs of interest too relative to your posts made, Cause in any case, either good or bad response, a quote can lead to some good debate. if your heavily quoted, i'd like to find out why and may pay more attention because of it. you could be polarizing. maybe some other reason.

In short, if 20% of your post count is and 1, then in my book, your someone i may want to scan for on the forum and listen to them. if your 10% and have 15k posts, you may just be dribbling pretty much all the time. In that case, if you push out a 10 paragraph post or thread, I may just do my self a favor and skip it or at best, blow through it really quickly. Seeing the percentage may help me decide quicker.

just a thought, if this topic has been broached before, pardon me.
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 342

Re: And 1% based of # of posts 

Post#2 » by dream34 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:57 pm

This would have been more useful if And1 was always implemented, but it's a newer feature and that would penalize most users that joined before And1 was added.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,443

Post#3 » by SichtingLives » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:41 pm

And-1's don't really mean all that much imo. Between GB'ers who get 37 And-1's for making derpy one-liners on the first page of threads, or us guys on the OTB who get 5 And-1's for saying things as insightful as "FART" or "pics?", it's hard for quality posts to really compete with that type of volume.

I'd actually like to know how many of my and-1's came from smart posts I've said, as opposed to stupid ones. Actually, no I wouldn't.
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,467

Post#4 » by RIPskaterdude » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:20 am

SichtingLives wrote:And-1's don't really mean all that much imo. Between GB'ers who get 37 And-1's for making derpy one-liners on the first page of threads, or us guys on the OTB who get 5 And-1's for saying things as insightful as "FART" or "pics?", it's hard for quality posts to really compete with that type of volume.

I'd actually like to know how many of my and-1's came from smart posts I've said, as opposed to stupid ones. Actually, no I wouldn't.

Excuse me?! :angry:
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#5 » by Howard Mass » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:38 am

The Off-Topic Forum loves the And 1.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
lorak
Head Coach
And1: 2,231

Post#6 » by lorak » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:24 pm

Howard Mass wrote:The Off-Topic Forum loves the And 1.

That's one of the reasons why And1 counter should display only number of And1s poster recived on given forum. I mean, for example if someone writes post on GB then And1 in that post shows only number of And1s he's recived on GB forum.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,467

Post#7 » by RIPskaterdude » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:47 am

:angry:
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#8 » by Howard Mass » Sun May 11, 2014 6:16 pm

I believe this question has been answered.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions