Suggestion: locked threads

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Suggestion: locked threads 

Post#1 » by Mykhyn » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:36 am

Say who locked it. How are we suppose to ask for clarification as to why if we have no idea who locked the thread.

I've been seeing quite a few seemingly good topics get locked on the general board lately with no mod replying saying im locking this and no reason given.

I would like to be able to understand why but can't with the information that is provided.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 19,951

Re: Suggestion: locked threads 

Post#2 » by tsherkin » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:28 pm

9/10 of them obviously belong on the PC Board and the OP should have known better by reading his own title.
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#3 » by Mykhyn » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:55 pm

tsherkin wrote:9/10 of them obviously belong on the PC Board and the OP should have known better by reading his own title.

Eh, Asking if the clippers made the right choice by choosing dudley over Afflalo I guess could be considered PC.. not really though as its more a matter of fit.

Where would you suggest the posts regarding speculation about how Wiggins/Parkers performances(or lack there of) in the tournament effect their draft stock?

Regardless of any specific thread, it still seems like whoever is going to lock a thread needs to make a post or have it listed so that any questions can be directed to them. No explanation with no one to ask helps no one. Seems like its a simple step to take to help give posters the option to improve the quality of their contributions.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 19,951

Post#4 » by tsherkin » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:58 pm

Draft board, trade board.

Posters are very lazy and don't seem to ever actually check for the appropriate board before dumping a new thread onto the GB. Obvious threads get locked; ones requiring explanation get locked with an explanation. Much of thisnis covered in the rules/reminder stickies.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Post#5 » by Howard Mass » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:37 am

The General NBA Forum has a strict policy all around.

Threads that are more appropriate on another forum like Player Comparisons or NBA Draft are locked so there is less clutter as The General Board gets a lot of topics.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions