New Look Forum

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 342

Re: New Look Forum 

Post#41 » by dream34 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:58 am

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:Howard, Dream, others:

- Can you please make the notifications bold again.

Thank you,

ReturnofMVP3

When you have a notification they are bold and highlighted in yellow.
disoblige
Head Coach
And1: 790

Post#42 » by disoblige » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:08 am

Please keep the ads away from the middle. I dont like seeing a Toyota ads while reading the forum. It disturbs my basketball thoughts.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,291

Post#43 » by KidA24 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:32 am

The slides and wiretap at the top need to go. I have no desire to have to scroll my page (Especially on my tablet) down for 1/5th the page to start reading posts.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#44 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:59 am

dream34 wrote:

Thank you,

ReturnofMVP3

Interesting will watch for that.
TorontoRapture
Sixth Man
And1: 978

Post#45 » by TorontoRapture » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:23 am

I had this eloquent diatribe written about what I think of the "new" look of RealGM, but in my digression, I found I am merely thankful to have a sports forum with the membership of RealGM to engage with. So I deleted it.

That being said...

Without the core posters RealGM has, it can easily become the "MySpace" of sports forums, to a more engaging and forward-thinking design with an active membership. I don't think there is one...yet.

Good thing we're not bandwagon jumpers, well, most of us. Toronto anyway. 1967 :banghead:
Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,931

Post#46 » by Ado05 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:34 am

Pretty much go back to what realgm was before, except keep the logo's. One thing that HAS to be done is moving the notifications/pms thing back to where it was before the update. It was much more convenient there.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Post#47 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:53 am

Reposting:

Can I/Will I finally be able to change forum display preferences to 100 posts/a page now?

I prefer scrolling vertically not horizontally through topics/posts/pages.

Or at the least, please, very much consider it, asking nicely/politely/sincerely it would be very much greatly

appreciated! :P! :)! :D! Thanks in advance & keep up the great work!
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 885

Post#48 » by HearshotKDS » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:02 am

Is it possible to customize what goes into the "wiretap" box at the top? There are times when it has useful information, like individual player stats for the team. Then there are times when it shows either unnecessary or irrelevant information, like player acquisition tables or the results of a team s past 5 playoff years. I think its important to remember that the Wiretap box is great for dynamic information, like a players season stats or news items.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#49 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:11 pm

I posted this on the Knicks board, might as well post it here, too. Right click - view full image:

________________________________________________________________________________

Zin5
Starter
And1: 328

Post#50 » by Zin5 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:31 pm

I like most of the changes, but I hate how team/general stats are in that box at the top of the page. I know wiretap headlines used to be there and that never seemed to annoy me, maybe because it wasn't at large, but it's incredibly distracting now. I shouldn't have to scroll down a few inches every time to see posts in a forum. When I click on a forum, the first thing I should see are the threads. That's what I'm entering a forum for, not to see a list of past three point champions or a team's bench statistics.
#loveboston
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,923

Post#51 » by SuperDeluxe » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:10 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:Image

I was going to request the exact same thing. The notifications bar needs to go back to where it was. It's useless where it is right now because you don't see it when you refresh the page.

Other than the above (and a few minor adjustments already mentioned by other posters), I really like the changes.
mirrornick
RealGM
And1: 13,725

Post#52 » by mirrornick » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:15 pm

Don't like but I'm sure we will adapt.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#53 » by hands11 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:46 pm

-
1) Not a fan of the dark blue boarder (wizards forum) separator and the time of post being moved up there. I would say you are reading a post. The place for the time and date is in the post, not off to the left.

And the border, just makes the distance between posts longer and the dark blue distracts the eye from reading the actual post.

The dark blue is over whelming.

2) I would also add in a space or two as when someone post a new post. Similar to what it used to be and how it still is if you reply to one. Jamming the test up to the top doesn't give the eye the white pace needed. Seems that extra space was used for the border instead.

Like all change it takes getting used to. But I would prefer not only the name included in a reply, but the time date information of the post people are replying to be included next to it. That would help a lot. It provides context. Right now when people reply to old posts, you don't know they are.

3) The logos is a good idea. Nice touch.

4) In the Wizards thread, there is a x mod that posts. Everyone else's user names are the same color but his is bold and black when viewed from the default thread listing. I assume this is something you do for X Mods but to be honest, its distracting. No disrespect to xmods, but people don't come to the board to the mods or xmods.

If you go into a thread, mods have special icons and green names. That probably enough. No need to also bold their names in black on the main thread page. Seems a little over kill to me to make them stand out that much on the main thread page. Specially for an xmod.

Thanks for all the hard work in providing a forum where fans can banter about their sports and their teams. Hope my feedback helps in making the site even better.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,923

Post#54 » by SuperDeluxe » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:10 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:I was going to request the exact same thing. The notifications bar needs to go back to where it was. It's useless where it is right now because you don't see it when you refresh the page.

I see that this is now back to where it was. You guys rock!
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#55 » by truth18 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:20 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:I was going to request the exact same thing. The notifications bar needs to go back to where it was. It's useless where it is right now because you don't see it when you refresh the page.

I see that this is now back to where it was. You guys rock!

Great change! Glad its back. Thanks Howard!
YOU LOSE
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM

Post#56 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:36 pm

dream34 wrote:

Thank you,

ReturnofMVP3

No hold or yellow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eliasrapp98
Assistant Coach
And1: 381

Post#57 » by eliasrapp98 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:19 pm

The yellow is decent, but when I open it, it should be like facebook where it stops being yellow. I hate that I have to reload the page or click on some stupid "and 1 notification" to un-yellow it.
PG: Russell Westbrook, Reggie Jackson
SG: Andre Roberson, Anthony Morrow, Jeremy Lamb
SF: Kevin Durant, KJ McDaniels, Perry Jones
PF: Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Robert Covington
Cc: Al Jefferson, Steven Adams, Kendrick Perkins, Mitch McGary
DUBmental
Sophomore
And1: 234

Post#58 » by DUBmental » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:59 pm

I'm sure a few posters(lucky777) on here will remember Scout/Fanhome from several years ago. This new layout really reminds me of that forum layout.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#59 » by truth18 » Tue Apr 1, 2014 3:19 pm

The shade of green on the Celtics forum does NOT match up with the shade present in the logo/jerseys. It would be great if it could be darkened to match. Very "neon" currently
YOU LOSE
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM

Post#60 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Tue Apr 1, 2014 9:05 pm

Can we move the team logos back under the location info? It seems a little "out there" when stacked up by the avatar.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions