Please stop And'1 everything

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
WigginsNation
Analyst
And1: 1,389

Re: Please stop And'1 everything 

Post#101 » by WigginsNation » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:48 pm

You guys were stingy with And1s for my other post. At least hook me up with some here.
Raps in 6!!!
protothe
Bench Warmer
And1: 925

Post#102 » by protothe » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:11 pm

Mototaupa wrote:
protothe wrote:Irony of thread is the fact that OP was probably looking to up his own And1 count.

Well played sir.

Actually no, mods can nullify my and'1s, i get enough hugs irl. Me (with some help) and Thespianoid explained how we were using that button and what it ment for us. My goal is to make mods do something about it, because year ago it was working, and was pretty helpfull. I actualy think only on Raptors board this button means "freehug", it still serve its purpose on other boards (If finding quality posts was its purpose)

Says OP 84 And1's after.

Haha...I had to. :lol:

EDIT: Just gave an And1 to everyone in the thread.
Mototaupa
Sophomore
And1: 321

Post#103 » by Mototaupa » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:15 pm

protothe wrote:
Mototaupa wrote:
protothe wrote:Irony of thread is the fact that OP was probably looking to up his own And1 count.

Well played sir.

Actually no, mods can nullify my and'1s, i get enough hugs irl. Me (with some help) and Thespianoid explained how we were using that button and what it ment for us. My goal is to make mods do something about it, because year ago it was working, and was pretty helpfull. I actualy think only on Raptors board this button means "freehug", it still serve its purpose on other boards (If finding quality posts was its purpose)

Says OP 84 And1's after.

Haha...I had to. :lol:

Well in my topic i asked people not and'1 every stupid thing they see, in my last post i said mods can nullify all and1s iv got. And you are still implying i did that i did for free and1's ??? i say learn to read first :nonono:
ranger001
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,752

Post#104 » by ranger001 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:17 pm

Mototaupa wrote:Not that i wanna be Debbie Downer, but i have something to adress.
Usually when browsing throu RealGM and reading posts, i was looking at persons And'1 ratio, too see should i read deeper into what hes saying, or should just skip.
But now people And'1 everything, i think i could post poopoo picture and it would get many and'1. So that stat looses its purpose. I know that this thing was started by Underdog, so i would propose And'1 Underdog too death, but leave the rest clean. Im not demanding, just asking politely, and'1 makes browsing here much better, if it is used corectly

What there should really be is a Minus1 or Foul button and a way to automatically block people with too many minus1 counts. Would help immensely with trollish fans.
Mototaupa
Sophomore

Post#105 » by Mototaupa » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:18 pm

ranger001 wrote:
Mototaupa wrote:Not that i wanna be Debbie Downer, but i have something to adress.
Usually when browsing throu RealGM and reading posts, i was looking at persons And'1 ratio, too see should i read deeper into what hes saying, or should just skip.
But now people And'1 everything, i think i could post poopoo picture and it would get many and'1. So that stat looses its purpose. I know that this thing was started by Underdog, so i would propose And'1 Underdog too death, but leave the rest clean. Im not demanding, just asking politely, and'1 makes browsing here much better, if it is used corectly

What there should really be is a Minus1 or Foul button and a way to automatically block people with too many minus1 counts. Would help immensely with trollish fans.

This is worth my And1 :)
protothe
Bench Warmer
And1: 925

Post#106 » by protothe » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:19 pm

Mototaupa wrote:Well in my topic i asked people not and'1 every stupid thing they see, in my last post i said mods can nullify all and1s iv got. And you are still implying i did that i did for free and1's ??? i say learn to read first :nonono:

It was obvious to me that by anybody making a thread like this would end up getting a lot of And1s in support.
I was saying all of this in good natured fun, hence why I wrote a little script in my browser console to give every post in the thread an And1.
Mototaupa
Sophomore

Post#107 » by Mototaupa » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:23 pm

protothe wrote:
Mototaupa wrote:Well in my topic i asked people not and'1 every stupid thing they see, in my last post i said mods can nullify all and1s iv got. And you are still implying i did that i did for free and1's ??? i say learn to read first :nonono:

It was obvious to me that by anybody making a thread like this would end up getting a lot of And1s in support.
I was saying all of this in good natured fun, hence why I wrote a little script in my browser console to give every post in the thread an And1.

Well if you would bother to read not only first post, but whole thread, me and some other people explained why guys like you (by writing scrips like you did) made uor life harder...
cjcfman
Senior
And1: 594

Post#108 » by cjcfman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:49 pm

ranger001 wrote:

People would abuse that though. I could see a Nets fan posting something in the series General Board thread, and all the raptors fans destroying him with the negative and1's
Mototaupa
Sophomore

Post#109 » by Mototaupa » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:18 am

cjcfman wrote:
ranger001 wrote:

People would abuse that though. I could see a Nets fan posting something in the series General Board thread, and all the raptors fans destroying him with the negative and1's

Well its could be abit diferent. Not auto block, but auto mesage to mods if person get fouled alot. They check it, and if its really troll post, they ban user, would make theyrs life easier :)
Crazy_NBA_Fan
Veteran
And1: 383

Post#110 » by Crazy_NBA_Fan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:53 am

When did this AND1 feature start? It has to be fairly new because I've been here since the beginning.

Btw, can I get some AND1's for my 2500th post? lol
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#111 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:21 am

Mototaupa wrote:Not that i wanna be Debbie Downer

Well you are, just ignore them if they are so annoying.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#112 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:55 am

Risk101 wrote:It shouldn't really matter how much and 1's an individual post has but what should be focused on is what they are saying in that specific post. If you agree and1 if not make a counter argument or keep it moving.

Basically this.

I also and 1 posts I find funny and posts that are well thought out, even if I do not agree with them.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#113 » by Basti » Fri May 2, 2014 11:55 pm

I just have to set the record straight: mods CAN'T nullify anyone's And 1 records.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Post#114 » by Howard Mass » Sun May 11, 2014 6:22 pm

Basti wrote:I just have to set the record straight: mods CAN'T nullify anyone's And 1 records.

That is true.

It's possible we could always look into And 1 reforms down the line.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,689

Post#115 » by Wonka » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:15 am

I had a friend who shouted and 1 every time he scored in pick up ball. He looks shockingly liked Ian Mahinmi...He also banged my girlfriend. And 1 indeed pal, and 1 indeed.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,150

Post#116 » by SHO'NUFF » Wed Jul 2, 2014 10:06 am

I always read someones post first, and if i thought it was good.....I'd check to see if they'd gotten any And1's.

I never check And1's first. Never even thought to.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
BieberLUV
Senior
And1: 678

Post#117 » by BieberLUV » Wed Jul 2, 2014 10:17 am

this is my take on the and 1s:

posters with high and 1 to post ratio are considered ELITE posters

generally when i see people with thousands of and 1s, i think that the posts they make are high quality
MalikJoakim24
Banned User
And1: 3,420

Post#118 » by MalikJoakim24 » Thu Jul 3, 2014 5:28 am

SHO'NUFF wrote:I always read someones post first, and if i thought it was good.....I'd check to see if they'd gotten any And1's.

I never check And1's first. Never even thought to.

same

Spoiler:
give me an and1 though :P
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#119 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Thu Jul 3, 2014 6:40 pm

BieberLUV wrote:this is my take on the and 1s:

posters with high and 1 to post ratio are considered ELITE posters

generally when i see people with thousands of and 1s, i think that the posts they make are high quality

Come to the OTB and meet the elite of realgm.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Post#120 » by Howard Mass » Sat Jul 5, 2014 3:18 pm

Those OTBers do And 1 a lot but when they get out of control, they hear from me.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions