Please stop And'1 everything

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Mototaupa
Sophomore
And1: 321

Re: Please stop And'1 everything 

Post#61 » by Mototaupa » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Thespianoid wrote:
Mototaupa wrote:
Volcano wrote:you really look at a poster's AND1 ratio to see if you should read his post or not? lmao

and I don't think it was Underdog who started it

Yes i did, before all this happened. When dude was making 1000 words post about some players evaluation or smth like that, and had worse rating then 20:1, i usually didnt bothered to read that post...

You now have a 0.77:1 post to And1 ratio. TANKNATION has a 0.366:1 ratio. Are you both god posters? :lol:

I mean, you both could be the smartest people on here, but I guess you now see it's not really correlated with poster intelligence and insight. It's more a gesture of community, of mutual understanding and sharing of opinion.

Thats what im adresing. Before you started to trow this thing around like candy, neither me not TANKNATION had that ratio. That 0.77:1 is wrong, but not i did it, you did it. Its not correlated with posters inteligence because you and other people made it uncorrelated, took good thing and tr it uot of window. Now mods can easy remove that button or rename it "InternetHighFive" like some poster said. Before that its had some purpose and actually were correlated with poster inteligence (atleast about bball)
tdotboyy
Banned User
And1: 6,678

Post#62 » by tdotboyy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:25 pm

is my and1 ratio considered elite?
VSharms
Sophomore
And1: 126

Post#63 » by VSharms » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:25 pm

GIMME A AND1!
Mototaupa
Sophomore

Post#64 » by Mototaupa » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:26 pm

Thespianoid wrote:
Mototaupa wrote:
BallinOnUHomie wrote:I think what the OP is trying to say is, the and 1 is a great tool to scroll through post and find something enlightening. The truth is, not everyone here has the time to go through hundreds and thousands of post. Its not about getting recognition for what you're saying, rather making it easy to sort through everything when you don't necessarily have the time to read what everyone is saying. That being said, all these post are subjective. Just because your post does or doesn't get and 1's, doesn't make 1 persons opinion more valid then another. Its great to show each other love, but what the OP is saying is that the purpose of the and 1 is nullified when its thrown around. That being said, its playoffs time, and everyone is generally happy after a win so there's gonna be a lot of that around this time.

Thank you, that was exactly my point, you explained it very accurate. But as ussual with Raptors board - noone wanna listen, everyone wanna and1 everything... aw well Raps in 10, bring it home...

So I And1'd your post just now as a gesture of understanding, like I understand your point and agree. Marked it as a post worth reading, so to speak. This sort of the usage of And1's you are looking for, correct?

Also, would you have And1'd the post you quoted as it explained in more detail what you meant in your original post? Simply curious is all.

Yap, worth reading is right words. And yes ballonuhommie post got and1 from me.
Thespianoid
RealGM
And1: 78,794

Post#65 » by Thespianoid » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:27 pm

Mototaupa wrote:
Thespianoid wrote:
Mototaupa wrote:
Yes i did, before all this happened. When dude was making 1000 words post about some players evaluation or smth like that, and had worse rating then 20:1, i usually didnt bothered to read that post...

You now have a 0.77:1 post to And1 ratio. TANKNATION has a 0.366:1 ratio. Are you both god posters? :lol:

I mean, you both could be the smartest people on here, but I guess you now see it's not really correlated with poster intelligence and insight. It's more a gesture of community, of mutual understanding and sharing of opinion.

Thats what im adresing. Before you started to trow this thing around like candy, neither me not TANKNATION had that ratio. That 0.77:1 is wrong, but not i did it, you did it. Its not correlated with posters inteligence because you and other people made it uncorrelated, took good thing and tr it uot of window. Now mods can easy remove that button or rename it "InternetHighFive" like some poster said. Before that its had some purpose and actually were correlated with poster inteligence (atleast about bball)

I know exactly what you mean. I actually agree that the And1 should be used like you say, because that's how I use them, but it's already gone out the window like you said. TANKNATION especially just And1's everybody and gets And1's in return. Not that I complain, but it's just what he does.

I don't really participate in the "mass And1's for the hell of it" movement (so to speak), so I don't know why you're grouping me in with them. Hopefully just a misunderstanding
Clementine9 wrote:Missed shots are unfortunate, but it's the trends throughout the game that matter.

Choker wrote:The swing in how Raptors fans have supported and turned on Powell is a good case study of human behavior.
BillyGM
Analyst
And1: 1,175

Post#66 » by BillyGM » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:28 pm

Is this a thread to get free and1's?
DraftExpress
What's funny is that I had lunch with Terrence Ross' agent yesterday. We talked about every possible scenario. Toronto never came up.
Thespianoid
RealGM

Post#67 » by Thespianoid » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:28 pm

Mototaupa wrote:
Thespianoid wrote:
Mototaupa wrote:
Thank you, that was exactly my point, you explained it very accurate. But as ussual with Raptors board - noone wanna listen, everyone wanna and1 everything... aw well Raps in 10, bring it home...

So I And1'd your post just now as a gesture of understanding, like I understand your point and agree. Marked it as a post worth reading, so to speak. This sort of the usage of And1's you are looking for, correct?

Also, would you have And1'd the post you quoted as it explained in more detail what you meant in your original post? Simply curious is all.

Yap, worth reading is right words. And yes ballonuhommie post got and1 from me.

I see we share the same mentality on And1 usage. Good to know! :nod:
Clementine9 wrote:Missed shots are unfortunate, but it's the trends throughout the game that matter.

Choker wrote:The swing in how Raptors fans have supported and turned on Powell is a good case study of human behavior.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#68 » by Son Goku 25 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:29 pm

When I see "and 1" I think of all the times I'd get hacked on my shot/layup I'd scream out ANDDDDDDDDD 1!!!
Read
raptors4life
Senior
And1: 27

Post#69 » by raptors4life » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:30 pm

My And 1's are too low, no one is reading my posts
Mototaupa
Sophomore

Post#70 » by Mototaupa » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:31 pm

Thespianoid wrote:I don't really participate in the "mass And1's for the hell of it" movement (so to speak), so I don't know why you're grouping me in with them. Hopefully just a misunderstanding

Sorry bout that, my bad.
Thespianoid
RealGM

Post#71 » by Thespianoid » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:32 pm

raptors4life wrote:My And 1's are too low, no one is reading my posts

depends on what you've had to say I guess. Have you written anything that would jumpstart discussion in a way?

Why am I giving And1 accumulating advice on a forum... :oops:

Thespianoid
RealGM

Post#72 » by Thespianoid » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:33 pm

Mototaupa wrote:
Thespianoid wrote:I don't really participate in the "mass And1's for the hell of it" movement (so to speak), so I don't know why you're grouping me in with them. Hopefully just a misunderstanding

Sorry bout that, my bad.

no problem mate, all's good

raptors_star
Senior
And1: 72

Post#73 » by raptors_star » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:36 pm

ReaLiez
General Board Mock Draft Champ
And1: 3,246

Post#74 » by ReaLiez » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:39 pm

Why are people so Insecure and Judgmental
Justice
chuckdevlin
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,187

Post#75 » by chuckdevlin » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:45 pm

Get that gabijjj outta heaaa

This is like complaining about getting upvotes on reddit, complaining about getting poked on facebook, or getting e-mails on an e-mail client.

Wish i got to this thread earlier. Passed out from reading realgm on a head rush til like 330 :banghead:
Let us ride our win high
Retire Joey Graham's Number in the ACC #letsgooo #whatnumber?
louman
Sophomore
And1: 98

Post#76 » by louman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:47 pm

I'm here for the and1's as well.
-TheDocOfDenial
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,179

Post#77 » by -TheDocOfDenial » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Its funny as soon as I see some one with a ton of and1s I know he comes from the raptors board. We are generous and it should stay that way.
raptors_star
Senior
And1: 72

Post#78 » by raptors_star » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:48 pm

And1's for everyone!
protothe
Bench Warmer
And1: 925

Post#79 » by protothe » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:48 pm

Irony of thread is the fact that OP was probably looking to up his own And1 count.

Well played sir.
ranger001
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,752

Post#80 » by ranger001 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:50 pm

raptors4life wrote:My And 1's are too low, no one is reading my posts

if you have a low and1 it usually means that you were here before they started with the and1 thing so I think its actually like a badge of honour to have a low and1 ratio. It means you were here before the hype. Oh wait, that doesn't apply to you.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions