Flaming being ignored by Mavericks moderators

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Flaming being ignored by Mavericks moderators 

Post#1 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Sun May 4, 2014 3:07 pm

I already hit the ! button and i sent the following pm to all three mavericks moderators (Texas Chuck, HMFFL, cmavswin).

I already reported this post but nothing has happened so far, so would you kindly suspend this kid? Unless those kinds of posts are allowed nowadays, then i'll gladly join in on the fun.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1319120&p=39571663#p39571663

iJaeden wrote:Please GTFO. Carter is a career loser, and you being a VC troll, and a dumbass fan, have no right to talk **** about Dirk.

Go suck Wince Harder's dick elsewhere

I haven't had any response so far so i figured i'd bring my valid complaint over here, after all that's what i've been instructed to do in the past. As far as i know personal attacks aren't allowed on these boards so I'd very much appreciate if this issue were to be dealt with, the offender goes by the name of iJaeden.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Re: Flaming being ignored by Mavericks moderators 

Post#2 » by LLcoleJ » Tue May 6, 2014 5:15 pm

I have no dog in this fight. But reading the thread the poster did cross the line but it was pretty much after you baited and trolled them. FYI.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#3 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Tue May 6, 2014 9:58 pm

Phil XI wrote:I have no dog in this fight. But reading the thread the poster did cross the line but it was pretty much after you baited and trolled them. FYI.

It should be a mute point. Think of it like me disturbing the neighborhood by selling drugs on the street, my neighbors call the cops and they come and should arrest me ( in a mods case suspend) and instead the cop attacks me when I'm not a physical threat (maybe I'm verbal with them and they get ticked off) and they do an excessive beating. The cops would be fired or be disciplined. He broke a rule and should be punished, it's unfortunate but each time I have read a thread here about someone getting suspended or in trouble the mod always has been sided with. Most times I won't disagree and just read the threads but in this case it seems like a rule was broken and the mod (and possibly OP) should be punished.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by LLcoleJ » Tue May 6, 2014 10:47 pm

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:
Phil XI wrote:I have no dog in this fight. But reading the thread the poster did cross the line but it was pretty much after you baited and trolled them. FYI.

It should be a mute point. Think of it like me disturbing the neighborhood by selling drugs on the street, my neighbors call the cops and they come and should arrest me ( in a mods case suspend) and instead the cop attacks me when I'm not a physical threat (maybe I'm verbal with them and they get ticked off) and they do an excessive beating. The cops would be fired or be disciplined. He broke a rule and should be punished, it's unfortunate but each time I have read a thread here about someone getting suspended or in trouble the mod always has been sided with. Most times I won't disagree and just read the threads but in this case it seems like a rule was broken and the mod (and possibly OP) should be punished.

I am not commenting on what the mods should or shouldn't do. It's their board and as I said it's not my place. As far as I can tell there are no mod interactions here. It's between the OP and the posters on the Mavs board.

It appears as if the OP is calling for action against another poster and is being ignored by the mods. That in itself 2 separate issues.

I agree that the Mods on that board should reply to the OP and I don't have a clue as to why they don't. But looking at the actual complaint/thread and to use your "cop' analogy. Its' more like calling the cops to tell them someones stole their drugs. Both parties are at fault here.
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Tue May 6, 2014 10:51 pm

I know you don't care and you shouldn't but i'll respond to these baseless accusation anyway:

First of all, i wasn't trolling i was dead serious, so let's just forget about that notion. I hope you don't believe that calling dirk "irk" constitutes trolling.

Secondly, how did i bait anyone? All i did was speak the truth. Vince is my favorite player which makes dallas the team i root for. Dirk played bad throughout the series and his defense was one of the main reasons dallas lost, so when i see a poster glorifying his horrendous performance (because said poster is incapable of seeing what happens on the court and only looks at basic numbers) i have every right to set him straight. Just because my opinion goes against the popular view doesn't make it invalid or a means of baiting. It's not like i was throwing around baseless criticisms, i simply described what any unbiased viewer (with basic basketball knowledge) should be able to see.

Thirdly, if any of the dallas mods read this, i hope "laaboy808" didn't get banned over this matter. My complaint was about "iJaeden" who hasn't received any punishment (ban or suspension). I'll just go ahead and assume he got a warning which would honestly be laughable given the offense, but i won't go into that (that would be backseat moderating, i know the drill).
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Tue May 6, 2014 11:03 pm

Phil XI wrote:
ReturnofMVP3 wrote:

I am not commenting on what the mods should or shouldn't do. It's their board and as I said it's not my place. As far as I can tell there are no mod interactions here. It's between the OP and the posters on the Mavs board.

It appears as if the OP is calling for action against another poster and is being ignored by the mods. That in itself 2 separate issues.

I agree that the Mods on that board should reply to the OP and I don't have a clue as to why they don't. But looking at the actual complaint/thread and to use your "cop' analogy. Its' more like calling the cops to tell them someones stole their drugs. Both parties are at fault here.

My best guess would be it's because they don't like me for criticizing dirk and they liked seeing the insults hurled in my direction. There's no other reason why they would leave them for two days, until i decided to start this topic. Let's not act like moderators are completely impartial and fair, i think we all know better than that.

Me at fault, no. I stated my opinion and explained my argument, that's what a forum is for right?
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by LLcoleJ » Tue May 6, 2014 11:07 pm

Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:
First of all, i wasn't trolling i was dead serious, so let's just forget about that notion. I hope you don't believe that calling dirk "irk" constitutes trolling.

yes, that is trolling.

Thirdly, if any of the dallas mods read this, i hope "laaboy808" didn't get banned over this matter. My complaint was about "iJaeden" who hasn't received any punishment (ban or suspension). I'll just go ahead and assume he got a warning which would honestly be laughable given the offense, but i won't go into that (that would be backseat moderating, i know the drill).

Your best best here would be to PM a mod. Probably Texas Chuck as he would be more active. Maybe he can help ease your pain. Calling players "irk" and "Diva" are not welcome talking points in any discussion. I am sure you can get your outside view and/or opinion stated without such terms. It's baiting and trolling and there really is no way around it.

That being said, warnings and the like are not for public consumption so you wouldn't know if someone got one or not.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by LLcoleJ » Tue May 6, 2014 11:13 pm

Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:My best guess would be it's because they don't like me for criticizing dirk and they liked seeing the insults hurled in my direction. There's no other reason why they would leave them for two days, until i decided to start this topic. Let's not act like moderators are completely impartial and fair, i think we all know better than that.

Me at fault, no. I stated my opinion and explained my argument, that's what a forum is for right?

See you just called him Dirk. That wasn't so hard. If you would have done that in the first place you would have had a stronger case.

Stating your opinion is all good IMO. You can do it just as well, if not better by saying Dirk and not " irk"
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Tue May 6, 2014 11:22 pm

Phil XI wrote:
Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:My best guess would be it's because they don't like me for criticizing dirk and they liked seeing the insults hurled in my direction. There's no other reason why they would leave them for two days, until i decided to start this topic. Let's not act like moderators are completely impartial and fair, i think we all know better than that.

See you just called him Dirk. That wasn't so hard. If you would have done that in the first place you would have had a stronger case.

Stating your opinion is all good IMO. You can do it just as well, if not better by saying Dirk and not " irk"

The D stands for diva though :lol:

I guess people just can't take a joke. I can't imagine if i had to throw a hissy fit each time somebody says "wince", "half man, half retired", etc... I wouldn't have time for anything else.

Fine, i'll keep quiet now. It doesn't matter anyway. Thanks for sharing your viewpoint.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by LLcoleJ » Wed May 7, 2014 1:53 am

Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:
I guess people just can't take a joke. I can't imagine if i had to throw a hissy fit each time somebody says "wince", "half man, half retired", etc... I wouldn't have time for anything else.

Fine, i'll keep quiet now. It doesn't matter anyway. Thanks for sharing your viewpoint.

Yes, jokes are hard to convey online and naturally people get defensive when it involves their guy or team. I think we are all guilty of it. Those mods are reasonable though, you certainly can reach out to them for some clarification.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#11 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Wed May 7, 2014 7:41 am

Phil XI wrote:
ReturnofMVP3 wrote:

Ah my mistake, I was under the impression this was an abusive mod.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,704

Post#12 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 9, 2014 12:50 pm

I have responded to the OP via PM, but I wanted to say that its not my personal policy to publicize everything I do in my role as a mod. If the OP was looking for a public flogging Im sorry to disappoint him.

The offending comments were removed from the thread immediately upon notification and any actions taken against another poster are frankly none of his business.

I will say that baiting the entire Mavs forum and then calling for a guy to get banned when he takes your bait is childish and Im surprised you wanted to draw even more attention to it.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#13 » by Howard Mass » Sun May 11, 2014 6:33 pm

I'd like to thank the Moderators for answering this.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions