Notification

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Notification 

Post#1 » by Maroko » Mon Jul 7, 2014 8:04 am

Hi there,

The notification system is working very well. i would like to know if it's possible to add a code like in twitter to make a notification without being quoted ?
Sometimes during a thread, you would like to answer to 2 or 3 guys at the same time and you have to post 2 or 3 times instead of one with that system or the guy hasnt posted yet and you would like his opinion.

Exemple
#Nickname : blablablabla

But with the alert system should be off, the user has to activate it in his Preferences.
MalikJoakim24
Banned User
And1: 3,420

Re: Notification 

Post#2 » by MalikJoakim24 » Mon Jul 7, 2014 5:46 pm

I agree with you and should be something like this:

@Maroko and then you get a notification
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#3 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jul 8, 2014 2:15 am

I second the OP's idea.

I made this post in the Mass Dispatch thread and the OP asked me to put my post from that thread here:

NyCeEvO wrote:I think it would be good/useful if a tagging feature (like what's done on Facebook/Twitter) was added.

Sometimes, you would like to respond to multiple people in a post, but the only way to get each person's attention would be to quote something that each of the users previously wrote in my post. Each of the quoted users would receive a notification that they have been quoted (and then hopefully they will reply back).

However, if you don't have a particular statement that you want to quote from users but just want to get their attention, you'd either need to PM them or create a blank quote (which is a bit weird).

I think it would be cool and much easier if there was a button labeled "Tag".

When you click on it, you get the output of [tag]insert username here[/tag].

After you enter a person's username within the Tag and submit the post that person will receive a notification that they've been tagged in a post.

It's similar to the PM system or 'Friends & Foes' option we have in the User Control Panel except it would be public and makes it easy to get the attention of multiple users quickly and in a single post.

I could even see the function being useful for mods who are trying to break up arguments between 2+ people.

If a mod doesn't want to suspend a user (or users) who are arguing but doesn't want to close a good thread, they can tag the offending users and quickly tell them to cut it out. Since each of the users will receive a notification for being tagged, there should be no excuse that the tagged users didn't see the warning from the mod.
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#4 » by Maroko » Wed Jul 9, 2014 10:59 am

is it possible to have an answer even a no lol ? :roll:
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

Post#5 » by Howard Mass » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:14 pm

I'll pass this along to Dream34 for when we next do forum upgrades.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions