T+T board Capspace sub forum

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,887

T+T board Capspace sub forum 

Post#1 » by Sofia » Thu Aug 7, 2014 11:07 pm

Smittys great work on cap space series has already been acknowledged as a useful tool for keeping on top of current cap situations for all teams. Problem is the individual team threads can easily drop from the first few pages of the Trades and Transactions board, and conversely, when updates are made to the team threads it pushes all the trade threads down.

How about separating the 2 by creating a Cap Space sub forum under the Trades and Transactions banner?

It will provide all indepth team cap space info in one spot, instead of wading pages deep into T+T, and it can also be used for people to ask questions relating to future cap space if X Y Z happens.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Re: T+T board Capspace sub forum 

Post#2 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Aug 7, 2014 11:15 pm

Sofia272-GOAT wrote:Smittys great work on cap space series has already been acknowledged as a useful tool for keeping on top of current cap situations for all teams. Problem is the individual team threads can easily drop from the first few pages of the Trades and Transactions board, and conversely, when updates are made to the team threads it pushes all the trade threads down.

How about separating the 2 by creating a Cap Space sub forum under the Trades and Transactions banner?

It will provide all indepth team cap space info in one spot, instead of wading pages deep into T+T, and it can also be used for people to ask questions relating to future cap space if X Y Z happens.

I think the cap space stuff could dovetail into an expanded CBA forum, which would be great and get that area more use. That said, I love the T&T forum and like stuff there as a result as well, and it fits well.
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,384

Post#3 » by jowglenn » Thu Aug 7, 2014 11:23 pm

It's not a bad idea - for questions and clarifications about how things work, whether certain moves would be legal, etc. Basically a CBA & Cap Space board.
Sofia

Post#4 » by Sofia » Fri Aug 8, 2014 12:46 am

Yeah Cap Space is tough because it's the link between the CBA and Trades/Transactions forum. CBA board has some interesting content and I wouldn't want to steal from it's apparently lower traffic.

Can it be linked from both?

Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#5 » by Smitty731 » Fri Aug 8, 2014 1:50 pm

Admittedly, I have struggled with how to post the updates. Especially now that most move are relatively minor. I want to make sure people still see the updates, but I'm all for suggestions on how to best accomplish it. I thought about adding a last updated date to the OP on the stickied main page.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

Post#6 » by Howard Mass » Tue Sep 2, 2014 12:34 pm

I might look into doing this.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Sofia

Post#7 » by Sofia » Fri Sep 5, 2014 12:54 am

Thanks for the consideration Howie.

There is a good example of issue I outlined in OP now. Not at all a knock on the great work Smitty is doing (which is very much appreciated) but after the updates on each team, there are 30 threads that have been bumped and knocked a lot of recent threads from the first 2 pages.

Again, not blaming anyone, I hope Smitty keeps the updates coming and doesn't read into this as a problem he is creating, personally I think he should get blue fonted to manage the sub forum if created.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

Post#8 » by Howard Mass » Mon Sep 8, 2014 8:14 pm

Goat,

We will see what happens.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)