Downgrade warning level?

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
cold_cowboy
Veteran
And1: 2,220

Downgrade warning level? 

Post#1 » by cold_cowboy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:33 am

i've been searching to see whether there's a way to downgrade a warning level, but have been unsuccessful thus far. is there a possible way of doing so? i remember a while ago there was something similar on the general board wherein you could dispute one of your warnings (or am i mistaken?) and have it expunged. could something similar be implemented site-wide where on the anniversary date of the misconduct of the next year (or however long), it could be removed?

wouldn't it incentivize people to be more aware of their behavior knowing that if they act appropriately, they would be rewarded, building a stronger community in turn? personally i'd like to remain on one account and not be forced to create a new one, as i know i sometimes i may unintentionally overstep boundaries when in the heat of the moment. what if for example years have passed between the first 2 and the 3rd infraction where the last infraction was a pure goof, isn't it archaic to permanently ban somebody due to a slip of tongue? seems to be little discretion in these cases, or am i wrong?

i don't usually conform to leniency structures, but this is sports after all. i feel like it's one of few modes of expression where inappropriate comments are merely out of love of competition and the game and shouldn't be taken so harshly.

let me know if i completely overlooked some guideline or if this just doesn't sound too good.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,164

Re: Downgrade warning level? 

Post#2 » by tsherkin » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Periodically, Howard runs an amnesty period for strikes on the GB, which is similar to what you are discussing.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,626

Re: Downgrade warning level? 

Post#3 » by Howard Mass » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:08 pm

cold_cowboy wrote:i've been searching to see whether there's a way to downgrade a warning level, but have been unsuccessful thus far. is there a possible way of doing so? i remember a while ago there was something similar on the general board wherein you could dispute one of your warnings (or am i mistaken?) and have it expunged. could something similar be implemented site-wide where on the anniversary date of the misconduct of the next year (or however long), it could be removed?

wouldn't it incentivize people to be more aware of their behavior knowing that if they act appropriately, they would be rewarded, building a stronger community in turn? personally i'd like to remain on one account and not be forced to create a new one, as i know i sometimes i may unintentionally overstep boundaries when in the heat of the moment. what if for example years have passed between the first 2 and the 3rd infraction where the last infraction was a pure goof, isn't it archaic to permanently ban somebody due to a slip of tongue? seems to be little discretion in these cases, or am i wrong?

i don't usually conform to leniency structures, but this is sports after all. i feel like it's one of few modes of expression where inappropriate comments are merely out of love of competition and the game and shouldn't be taken so harshly.

let me know if i completely overlooked some guideline or if this just doesn't sound too good.

cold_cowboy,

Are you asking if Users could maybe have a warning forgiven on another forum besides The General NBA Board?

Please let me know.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions