Trade Deadline Crash

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Trade Deadline Crash 

Post#1 » by dorkestra » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:25 pm

I don't complain often, but needed to voice this here. I was disappointed that the server bandwith could not handle the volume of hits as the deadlne deals took place. Its sort of like a bar running out of beer on St Patrick's Day. Any plans on addressing this? I didn't want to have to turn to the dark side (insidehoops) in crucial moments like trade deadline. People want to be able to rely on you or the brand falls apart.
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,647

Re: Trade Deadline Crash 

Post#2 » by Howard Mass » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:39 am

dorkestra,

I regret that this post got lost in the shuffle.

This happened temporally a few months back but we were able to get back up quickly.

We are always trying to work to prevent these as our large forum keeps increasing in traffic.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Post#3 » by dorkestra » Tue May 5, 2015 10:10 pm

Howard,

That's not a problem. I read elsewhere that you had problems with your health. I hope everything heals up properly and you get back to normal soon.

Thanks for acknowledging the issue. It lasted a couple of hours, which seems okay in the grand scheme of things. But as a basketball nerd, the site you rely on for the rest of the year goes down in the two hours you need it most, it feels like a kick in the nuts. Looking forward to next year's trade deadline. I'm sure there will be no issues.
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,647

Post#4 » by Howard Mass » Sat May 9, 2015 2:39 pm

dorkestra wrote:Howard,

That's not a problem. I read elsewhere that you had problems with your health. I hope everything heals up properly and you get back to normal soon.

Thanks for acknowledging the issue. It lasted a couple of hours, which seems okay in the grand scheme of things. But as a basketball nerd, the site you rely on for the rest of the year goes down in the two hours you need it most, it feels like a kick in the nuts. Looking forward to next year's trade deadline. I'm sure there will be no issues.

dorkestra,

I know how you feel. It's frustrating when that happens. Whenever a problem occurs, we always work to correct it.

About two months ago, I had my gallbladder removed. It was very sudden and spend 2 1/2 days (One waiting for surgery and another 1 1/2 days afterwards) but I am back to normal now. I appreciate your well wishes.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions