Jays Board: Request For Scapegoat

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,087

Jays Board: Request For Scapegoat 

Post#1 » by Schad » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:56 am

Howard,

Over the past couple years, it has been increasingly apparent that the Toronto Blue Jays, and consequently the Toronto Blue Jays forum by proxy, has incurred the wrath of one or more angry deities for reasons we cannot quite comprehend. Madness ensues...players defy all statistical norms; sprinkler heads attack players; bunting drills and simple attempts to climb stairs lead to torn ACLs; Chien-Ming Wang somehow ends up in the rotation. To combat this last year, we took to making sacrifices to the gods of BABIP, via the means of the temporary suspension feature; Adrian_05, as a virgin sacrifice, proved particularly effective, but perhaps not effective enough on recent evidence, at least on matters that do not involve whether lazy liners find the outfield turf.

Consequently, we request that you create for us a designated scapegoat, a user account which exists solely to be banned and otherwise mistreated in order to sate the capricious gods that so haunt our franchise and fanbase. If you indicate that you are so willing, we will determine the exact specifications needed for maximum sacrificial value and submit them to you in the coming days.

Regards,

Some poor bastards.
**** your asterisk.
torontoaces04
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: Jays Board: Request For Scapegoat 

Post#2 » by torontoaces04 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:33 am

Can we ban Howard from the Jays board? Howard would be the greatest sacrifice of them all, and perhaps the only one big enough to appease the Gods.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#3 » by Howard Mass » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:19 am

Schadenfreude wrote:Howard,

Over the past couple years, it has been increasingly apparent that the Toronto Blue Jays, and consequently the Toronto Blue Jays forum by proxy, has incurred the wrath of one or more angry deities for reasons we cannot quite comprehend. Madness ensues...players defy all statistical norms; sprinkler heads attack players; bunting drills and simple attempts to climb stairs lead to torn ACLs; Chien-Ming Wang somehow ends up in the rotation. To combat this last year, we took to making sacrifices to the gods of BABIP, via the means of the temporary suspension feature; Adrian_05, as a virgin sacrifice, proved particularly effective, but perhaps not effective enough on recent evidence, at least on matters that do not involve whether lazy liners find the outfield turf.

Consequently, we request that you create for us a designated scapegoat, a user account which exists solely to be banned and otherwise mistreated in order to sate the capricious gods that so haunt our franchise and fanbase. If you indicate that you are so willing, we will determine the exact specifications needed for maximum sacrificial value and submit them to you in the coming days.

Regards,

Some poor bastards.

LOL!

What do you want? An account created that you can ban all of the time?
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#4 » by Howard Mass » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:20 am

torontoaces04 wrote:Can we ban Howard from the Jays board? Howard would be the greatest sacrifice of them all, and perhaps the only one big enough to appease the Gods.

:nonono:

Ohh and Go Yankees!....... Except A-Rod.

satyr9
Assistant Coach
And1: 563

Post#5 » by satyr9 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:27 pm

I believe we need two accounts: We need The Lord Our God Of BABIP, who has his own thread stickied (A thread created by, but no message, as that would be blasphemous) at all times to the top of the board, where we can give upvotes for each blessing of BABIP and heap praise upon him.

And we need a redshirt, who we can sacrifice with a banning whenever The Lord Our God Of BABIP demands it.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#6 » by Geddy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:19 pm

I believe banning Adrian didn't work, so I agree that we need another scapegoat.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,827

Post#7 » by Sofia » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:08 am

Geddy wrote:I believe banning Adrian didn't work, so I agree that we need another scapegoat.

Can't hurt to keep trying imhimo
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Schad » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:11 pm

satyr9 wrote:I believe we need two accounts: We need The Lord Our God Of BABIP, who has his own thread stickied (A thread created by, but no message, as that would be blasphemous) at all times to the top of the board, where we can give upvotes for each blessing of BABIP and heap praise upon him.

And we need a redshirt, who we can sacrifice with a banning whenever The Lord Our God Of BABIP demands it.

I agree with the premise, but I do not think it wise to anger the other gods in the pantheon by worshiping only the god of BABIP; while undoubtedly important, BABIPus is not the only deity to lash out of late, so perhaps creating an avatar of the gods is wise (as it's probably a bit much to ask Howard to create, like, a half-dozen or more different god accounts for us to worship).

Additionally, my ideal for a sacrifice would be one that we could control, having them utter heresies before being temp banned as penance to the gods, but I can understand if that violates basically the whole of the ToS and thus isn't allowable.
**** your asterisk.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,076

Post#9 » by tsherkin » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:25 pm

Howard Mass wrote:
Schadenfreude wrote:Howard,

Regards,

Some poor bastards.

LOL!

What do you want? An account created that you can ban all of the time?

A fantastic idea, Howard.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Schad » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:55 am

Player sidelined by a sneeze. 20 year old pitching phenom potentially being used in middle relief. The situations grows more dire by the day, Howard; we may not have much longer.
**** your asterisk.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#11 » by Howard Mass » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:41 am

Ehh...............

Want me to allow that dummy account that you can keep suspending?

tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,076

Post#12 » by tsherkin » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:41 pm

Yes please
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#13 » by Howard Mass » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:04 pm

Schad just has to give me the word.

Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,827

Post#14 » by Sofia » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:57 pm

Would you notice if a dummy account is suspended? If it's a dummy account it won't be active either way...

I vote that Adrian remains the scapegoat.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,607

Post#15 » by kyphi » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:40 pm

I was gonna sacrifice a chicken too, oh well
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#16 » by Howard Mass » Sat May 9, 2015 2:30 pm

It cannot be a current User.

Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Schad » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:04 pm

I forgot about this, but I believe now is the time...a long string of road games just begging for one-run losses awaits. The season hangs in the balance.

Please name the dummy account Farrell4Eva. I will create a thread on the Jays board for the occasion; if you would be so kind as to make a post with that account espousing the glories of squeeze bunting, we will take it from there.
**** your asterisk.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#18 » by Howard Mass » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:59 am

Schadenfreude,

i sent you a PM.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions