A new section idea?

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

A new section idea? 

Post#1 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sun Jul 5, 2015 7:18 am

can we have a basketball section discussing personal basketball things? like maybe a training question or what should I do/other interests forum for basketball (not an offtopic forum)

like, for example, if someone wants to ask a question about their basketball team, or if they want to show something, can they can post it there. this is because the general forum is basically an nba forum?
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

Re: A new section idea? 

Post#2 » by Howard Mass » Sun Jul 5, 2015 6:31 pm

MyUniBroDavis,

Can you please more specific as I am not sure I'm following?

Thanks!
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#3 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sun Jul 5, 2015 11:09 pm

Howard Mass wrote:MyUniBroDavis,

Thanks!

Firstly, Thanks for chaning my username

What I mean is kind of a personal forum, or a personal questions forum. Like, different from the off topic or highschool forum, which are either off topic and not basketball related, or based on highschool players who can join the nba. Like, if we want to ask something abouta school team or share tips of how to get better, or just show off a personal clip. the general forum is, imo, too focused on the nba for it to have manh other uses for it to be succesful.
I feel like it would make more of a "family" feeling within the realgm forums.
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#4 » by Howard Mass » Mon Jul 6, 2015 8:38 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:

Thanks!

What I mean is kind of a personal forum, or a personal questions forum. Like, different from the off topic or highschool forum, which are either off topic and not basketball related, or based on highschool players who can join the nba. Like, if we want to ask something abouta school team or share tips of how to get better, or just show off a personal clip. the general forum is, imo, too focused on the nba for it to have manh other uses for it to be succesful.

First off, not a problem.

I'll take you suggestion under consideration.

The thing I look for when I consider adding new forum is if it will be sustainable long-term.

I am not sure this forum will be.

If you want to test to see the support a forum would have, feel free to start a thread about the subject you propose on our Other Sports Forum. If the thread is very active, I'll revisit the idea of adding a forum for this.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#5 » by MyUniBroDavis » Tue Jul 7, 2015 6:36 am

Howard Mass wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:

Thanks!

The thing I look for when I consider adding new forum is if it will be sustainable long-term.

If you want to test to see the support a forum would have, feel free to start a thread about the subject you propose on our Other Sports Forum. If the thread is very active, I'll revisit the idea of adding a forum for this.

but wouldnt it be against the rules for me to make a off topic sports thread on the off topic forum? thats the only real way for me to explain this lol. an offtopic sports thread for non pro/ncaa/potential high school reccruits

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#6 » by Howard Mass » Tue Jul 7, 2015 6:54 am

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:

but wouldnt it be against the rules for me to make a off topic sports thread on the off topic forum? thats the only real way for me to explain this lol. an offtopic sports thread for non pro/ncaa/potential high school reccruits

In our Other Sports Section, we have a General Other Sports Talk Forum. :D

MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#7 » by MyUniBroDavis » Wed Jul 8, 2015 5:04 am

Howard Mass wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:

first of all, I would like to say that realgm is by far the best basketball forum on the internet. I mean, looking at the other basketball forums, some of then either A. copy the topics from the general board here on to their website or B, are mostly people who got banned from realgm.

but wouldnt that also be violating the rules, since its about other sports, and im talking about basketball, which we already have a forum about. Im trying to ask about a forum about just personal basketbalalj advice or stories we would like to share, that would not get attention or be on topic in the general board (which realistically is the nba forum)

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#8 » by Howard Mass » Wed Jul 8, 2015 8:57 am

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:

first of all, I would like to say that realgm is by far the best basketball forum on the internet. I mean, looking at the other basketball forums, some of then either A. copy the topics from the general board here on to their website or B, are mostly people who got banned from realgm.

but wouldnt that also be violating the rules, since its about other sports, and im talking about basketball, which we already have a forum about. Im trying to ask about a forum about just personal basketbalalj advice or stories we would like to share, that would not get attention or be on topic in the general board (which realistically is the nba forum)

Thank you for the kind words.

On the Other Sports Forum, you can have topics like that.

The Other Sports Forum is where our Australian Sports and Discussion Forum got started.

You can start a thread there.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions