Thread locking question.

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Thread locking question. 

Post#1 » by Dupp » Fri Feb 5, 2016 11:23 pm

Why was this thread locked?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1426001

Seems like OP put in a lot of effort and it would have been interesting to read other people's opinions on their own team.

Of all the threads to get locked it seems odd. I'm sure someone will say standard response of its a PC board thread but it's not a comparison thread at all.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,152

Re: Thread locking question. 

Post#2 » by tsherkin » Fri Feb 5, 2016 11:58 pm

Dupp wrote:Why was this thread locked?

Seems like OP put in a lot of effort and it would have been interesting to read other people's opinions on their own team.

Of all the threads to get locked it seems odd. I'm sure someone will say standard response of its a PC board thread but it's not a comparison thread at all.

It IS a PC Board thread, though. Any thread that's all about rating players or discussing over/under-rated players and all that stuff, that has everything to do with the PC Board.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#3 » by Dupp » Sat Feb 6, 2016 12:20 am

tsherkin wrote:
Dupp wrote:Why was this thread locked?

It IS a PC Board thread, though. Any thread that's all about rating players or discussing over/under-rated players and all that stuff, that has everything to do with the PC Board.

Well why not lock the thread comparing kobe to wiggins? Or the thread comparing heat with lebron to cavs with lebron? Or the one comparing rockets with durant to the rest of the league?

All could be considered more of a comparison than the actual locked thread. No consistency just seems like you lock what thread you feel like and dont have a consistent standard for what a pc thread is.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by tsherkin » Sat Feb 6, 2016 12:34 am

Dupp wrote:Well why not lock the thread comparing kobe to wiggins? Or the thread comparing heat with lebron to cavs with lebron? Or the one comparing rockets with durant to the rest of the league?

You'd have to ask the mods on at the time. I haven't read the thread, so it could simply be that we missed it, which does happen.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#5 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 6:32 am

If comparing who is the best and worst player on a team deserves a thread in the PC board then something like MVP leaders, All-NBA teams, Most improved, basically all the regular season award should be locked. I can understand the need to use the PC board when comparing Kobe to Wiggins but seems like a stretch with the thread that OP was asking about. Also can't mods just move threads to their designated board instead of locking something that has effort put into it?
Donald Trump is an idiot.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by tsherkin » Sat Feb 6, 2016 3:27 pm

ReturnofMVP3 wrote: Also can't mods just move threads to their designated board instead of locking something that has effort put into it?

It happens very regularly, and usually from posters who have been here easily long enough to know better. Based on that volume, we just lock them. If they feel like C+P'g them and restarting them on the other board, great. If they don't, well, next time double check where you put your thread. Won't be mad if I get a PM about where a thread should or should not go, because it shows that a poster is putting forth the most basic, minimal effort instead of just saying "ah , heck with it: the mods will move it if I got it wrong" if it even crosses their mind.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#7 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sun Feb 7, 2016 4:31 am

tsherkin wrote:
ReturnofMVP3 wrote: Also can't mods just move threads to their designated board instead of locking something that has effort put into it?

It happens very regularly, and usually from posters who have been here easily long enough to know better. Based on that volume, we just lock them. If they feel like C+P'g them and restarting them on the other board, great. If they don't, well, next time double check where you put your thread. Won't be mad if I get a PM about where a thread should or should not go, because it shows that a poster is putting forth the most basic, minimal effort instead of just saying "ah , heck with it: the mods will move it if I got it wrong" if it even crosses their mind.

Fair enough.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#8 » by Howard Mass » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:52 pm

Thanks for handling this tsherkin.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions