Accidentally Clicking the Soccer Forum

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
User avatar
JoeyMorgan619
Pro Prospect
Posts: 877
And1: 652
Joined: Jun 27, 2008
Location: Alabama
   

Accidentally Clicking the Soccer Forum 

Post#1 » by JoeyMorgan619 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:42 pm

Ok, let me try to explain this the best that I can. So I have a bookmark for basketball.realgm.com. Fromt there, I have always hovered over the "forums" tab, which then brings down the drop-down menu of the basketball forums. I usually always click on the General Board. Lately when I go to click, an ad pops up (at the very top of the page) at the same exact time that I go to click on the GB link, and my cursor ends up right on top of the RealGM Soccer button, and I click that instead. Hopefully that makes sense. It has been doing this for weeks now. Even if I wait a few seconds to click, it ends up happening still.

BTW, I am using Chrome with ABP installed.
Image
User avatar
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 48,418
And1: 5,773
Joined: Feb 20, 2001
Location: Longwood, Florida
Contact:
       

Re: Accidentally Clicking the Soccer Forum 

Post#2 » by Howard Mass » Thu Aug 4, 2016 3:43 pm

JoeyMorgan619 wrote:Ok, let me try to explain this the best that I can. So I have a bookmark for basketball.realgm.com. Fromt there, I have always hovered over the "forums" tab, which then brings down the drop-down menu of the basketball forums. I usually always click on the General Board. Lately when I go to click, an ad pops up (at the very top of the page) at the same exact time that I go to click on the GB link, and my cursor ends up right on top of the RealGM Soccer button, and I click that instead. Hopefully that makes sense. It has been doing this for weeks now. Even if I wait a few seconds to click, it ends up happening still.

BTW, I am using Chrome with ABP installed.


Joey,

Is it still doing this?
User avatar
JoeyMorgan619
Pro Prospect
Posts: 877
And1: 652
Joined: Jun 27, 2008
Location: Alabama
   

Re: Accidentally Clicking the Soccer Forum 

Post#3 » by JoeyMorgan619 » Sun Aug 7, 2016 3:37 am

Howard Mass wrote:
JoeyMorgan619 wrote:Ok, let me try to explain this the best that I can. So I have a bookmark for basketball.realgm.com. Fromt there, I have always hovered over the "forums" tab, which then brings down the drop-down menu of the basketball forums. I usually always click on the General Board. Lately when I go to click, an ad pops up (at the very top of the page) at the same exact time that I go to click on the GB link, and my cursor ends up right on top of the RealGM Soccer button, and I click that instead. Hopefully that makes sense. It has been doing this for weeks now. Even if I wait a few seconds to click, it ends up happening still.

BTW, I am using Chrome with ABP installed.


Joey,

Is it still doing this?


Yes it is
Image
User avatar
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3,335
And1: 314
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
     

Re: Accidentally Clicking the Soccer Forum 

Post#4 » by dream34 » Mon Aug 8, 2016 4:48 pm

I've noticed this too when ad block is enabled. The ads are still coming in later, but it's causing the page to jump down a bit. I'll try to work on a solution.
User avatar
Duffman100
RealGM
Posts: 15,275
And1: 9,334
Joined: Jun 27, 2002
   

Re: Accidentally Clicking the Soccer Forum 

Post#5 » by Duffman100 » Tue Aug 9, 2016 1:56 pm

dream34 wrote:I've noticed this too when ad block is enabled. The ads are still coming in later, but it's causing the page to jump down a bit. I'll try to work on a solution.


If this is still a problem, trying using min-height in css. It's what I use to prevent page jumping.
User avatar
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3,335
And1: 314
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
     

Re: Accidentally Clicking the Soccer Forum 

Post#6 » by dream34 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:44 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
dream34 wrote:I've noticed this too when ad block is enabled. The ads are still coming in later, but it's causing the page to jump down a bit. I'll try to work on a solution.


If this is still a problem, trying using min-height in css. It's what I use to prevent page jumping.


The problem is the ad on the top is responsive and doesn't have a minimum or maximum height.
User avatar
Duffman100
RealGM
Posts: 15,275
And1: 9,334
Joined: Jun 27, 2002
   

Re: Accidentally Clicking the Soccer Forum 

Post#7 » by Duffman100 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:27 pm

dream34 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
dream34 wrote:I've noticed this too when ad block is enabled. The ads are still coming in later, but it's causing the page to jump down a bit. I'll try to work on a solution.


If this is still a problem, trying using min-height in css. It's what I use to prevent page jumping.


The problem is the ad on the top is responsive and doesn't have a minimum or maximum height.


Oh, so it can be a variable height? Leaderboard and billboard?

Nothing you can really do about that. We just made the containing div the min-height of the leaderboard and sort of had to deal if it was the taller version.
User avatar
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3,335
And1: 314
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
     

Re: Accidentally Clicking the Soccer Forum 

Post#8 » by dream34 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:04 pm

The ad should be loading faster at least, which leads to less of a chance to click the wrong link before it jumps
nomansland
Veteran
Posts: 2,904
And1: 1,431
Joined: Mar 02, 2013
   

Re: Accidentally Clicking the Soccer Forum 

Post#9 » by nomansland » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:55 pm

This still happens to me, I just have trained myself to wait a second so the ad will load.
User avatar
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 48,418
And1: 5,773
Joined: Feb 20, 2001
Location: Longwood, Florida
Contact:
       

Re: Accidentally Clicking the Soccer Forum 

Post#10 » by Howard Mass » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:55 pm

I hope everything is well here.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions