Subjectivity regarding what is derailing?

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
nbafan341
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,148

Subjectivity regarding what is derailing? 

Post#1 » by nbafan341 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:11 am

Is there some subjectivity when it comes to what is considered derailing? Is there a standardized proceedure and algorithm that can deduce what is derailing based upon respective thread titles?

I received my first ban for a post in a thread entitled " Does anthony davis ask for a trade?"
I posted a trade idea in regards to the player of discussion. I do not remember the exact content of my post, but I posted something along the lines that" if davis is available, raptors could offer x,y,z." That is, conditioned that anthony davis asks for the trade, the raptors could offer these players (x,y,z)

I ended up being banned and followed up with the moderator whe told me that I derailed the thread by offering a "bad" trade proposal and i felt hostility and passivr aggressiveness in their posts so I did not continue a discussion. I feared that Id be banned if I said anything that the moderstor did not like to hear. Is there some degree of subjectivity regarding what is a bad trade and what is a good trade? On a topic regarding anthony davis, featured in trade proposals and discussions all over media, I didnt think that the post iself derailed discussion. I would appreciate follow up post without simply advising a poster that they do not have a right to be concerned or complain. Im fearing that following up just issues bans to concerned posters who dont get to hold any voice and are afraid to voice anything without being banned for days.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Re: Subjectivity regarding what is derailing? 

Post#2 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:30 am

Get in contact with Howard Mass. Sometimes mods make "mistakes", Howard can be the judge of that.

Good luck,

-return.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Re: Subjectivity regarding what is derailing? 

Post#3 » by Howard Mass » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:51 pm

"Derailing Discussion" can be a pretty wide scope.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions