trash talking question?

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
ranlamjon
Banned User
And1: 56

trash talking question? 

Post#1 » by ranlamjon » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:47 pm

Why can't we talk trash with another teams board during game day? You (Mods) call it trolling but it's not!!!!!! It's called passion for the team that you root for... It's like going to the bar or game or sitting on the couch with another one of your sports buddy's being/getting hyped and wanting your squad to get a victory for that game. Who made this stupid a$$ trolling policy? Please give me an answer before the new years day is over.

Thanks...

p.s. happy new years (2008) :D
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#2 » by DelaneyRudd » Tue Jan 1, 2008 9:12 pm

Because on the internet people say things that get their asses kicked at bars with no repurcussions.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#3 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jan 1, 2008 9:22 pm

Great way of putting it DR.
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,612

Post#4 » by kyphi » Tue Jan 1, 2008 9:47 pm

the people on the other boards are not your friends
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#5 » by Bulltalk » Tue Jan 1, 2008 9:51 pm

DelaneyRudd wrote:Because on the internet people say things that get their asses kicked at bars with no repurcussions.

That is a good way of putting it. I mean how many Chicagoans are going to go into a New York City sports bar filled with rowdy Knicks' fans and start obnoxiously railing on about how the Knicks suck? I think you could guess the reaction in most cases. People would think you sucked.

Now if you did this in a Chicago bar, then it would be fine, provided you weren't too loud and obnoxious about it.

Such "heroic" internet behavior if given free reign would become a nightmare for mods on the site, and be the source of unending complaints to mods from posters to put an end to such behavior.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Senor Bogut
Senior
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Senor Bogut » Tue Jan 1, 2008 10:01 pm

What are you? 5?
MagicFan3
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#7 » by MagicFan3 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 1:23 am

It is trolling. It's stupid, it's annoying, and if you enjoy doing it... do you see where I'm going with this?
richard
Banned User

Post#8 » by richard » Wed Jan 2, 2008 1:48 am

i agree, it's pretty petty for mods and posters to be worrying so much about a little trash talk. there are so many rivalries and closely contested games, some trash talk is harmless.

if mods are so worried about getting complaints, just make it known that trash talk within the limits is allowed and no action will be taken against it.

by within the limits, i mean as long as they don't talk about race, religion, stuff like that.
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by kyphi » Wed Jan 2, 2008 2:14 am

ah ha, the slippery slope
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#10 » by DelaneyRudd » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:10 am

richard wrote:i agree, it's pretty petty for mods and posters to be worrying so much about a little trash talk. there are so many rivalries and closely contested games, some trash talk is harmless.

if mods are so worried about getting complaints, just make it known that trash talk within the limits is allowed and no action will be taken against it.

by within the limits, i mean as long as they don't talk about race, religion, stuff like that.

I can say that would NEVER happen on my teams board.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#11 » by Bulltalk » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:23 am

Whiners, whiners, whiners....how about showing a little gratefulness for such a site that allows you to post and interact free of charge with other posters about things you like talking about within perfectly reasonable limits?

:roll:
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,072
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#12 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:56 am

I know a little trash talk doesn't get warned on the boards I frequent. It's when it keeps draggin on and on and turns into a pissing match.

Plus, you'd get your head busted in real life for acting like an ass in a crowded room of pissed of fans that don't like your rival team.... so pretend that will happen here before you run your mouth off.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by kyphi » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:59 am

dudes, you are taking away from loud mouth whiney flinch boys a valuable venue here. Come on, let's get Kyrama togethr, right now.
richard
Banned User

Post#14 » by richard » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:22 am

Bulltalk wrote:Whiners, whiners, whiners....how about showing a little gratefulness for such a site that allows you to post and interact free of charge with other posters about things you like talking about within perfectly reasonable limits?

:roll:

if you want to start a thread about gratefulness, go ahead. this thread is about trash talking.
ranlamjon
Banned User

Post#15 » by ranlamjon » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:27 am

Thanks for the responses!!!! I understand your policy and do agree if you say (for instance) go to a Raider game and talk way too much you'll be showing up Moday morning at work with two black eyes and a broken jaw. However, this is a chat board and I will speak my mind whenever I please; so with that being said MODS you guys/gals can walk around with your "BOSS" jackets on policing whatever you think you need to police but lets stay on track with some real talk, I'm going to support/talk trash/talk ****/rant/gloat/holla @ my team on any board that I choose.

kindest regards

Thanks,
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Post#16 » by Schad » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:59 am

ranlamjon wrote:Thanks for the responses!!!! I understand your policy and do agree if you say (for instance) go to a Raider game and talk way too much you'll be showing up Moday morning at work with two black eyes and a broken jaw. However, this is a chat board and I will speak my mind whenever I please; so with that being said MODS you guys/gals can walk around with your "BOSS" jackets on policing whatever you think you need to police but lets stay on track with some real talk, I'm going to support/talk trash/talk ****/rant/gloat/holla @ my team on any board that I choose.

kindest regards

Thanks,

At one point, you would visit regularly to 'trash talk' the Raps board. Here's why people don't appreciate the subtle art of trolling: you derailed every thread which you entered. The discussion might be on one of our players...you'd arrive to tell people that said player sucked, and that the Warriors would crush us, even if there wasn't a game between the two teams for weeks. People don't like it because it's infantile, and turns every discussion into an idiotic pissing contest.

But, at least if you go on trolling sprees these days, it makes more sense than your crusades to tell anyone that would listen that 34-48 Golden State was the best thing since leavened bread. :lol:
**** your asterisk.
MagicFan3
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#17 » by MagicFan3 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:04 am

ranlamjon wrote:Thanks for the responses!!!! I understand your policy and do agree if you say (for instance) go to a Raider game and talk way too much you'll be showing up Moday morning at work with two black eyes and a broken jaw. However, this is a chat board and I will speak my mind whenever I please; so with that being said MODS you guys/gals can walk around with your "BOSS" jackets on policing whatever you think you need to police but lets stay on track with some real talk, I'm going to support/talk trash/talk ****/rant/gloat/holla @ my team on any board that I choose.

kindest regards

Thanks,

In before "Waived".
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#18 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:22 am

kindest regards

Thanks,

good luck with that!
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
ranlamjon
Banned User

Post#19 » by ranlamjon » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:53 am

Phil_2.0 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

good luck with that!

I'm not worried the least bit; who do you root for? I'll come and welcome myself to your board and team. Let me know.

tia
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#20 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:23 am

ranlamjon wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not worried the least bit; who do you root for? I'll come and welcome myself to your board and team. Let me know.

tia

Its not meant to be perceived as something you should worry about. You can do whatever you want to do. It just probably wont last long. Again, good luck to you.

What team do I root for? Is it that hard to figure out?
Cheers. :beer: — Mags

Return to Feedback and Suggestions