trade board needs a new mod

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,647

trade board needs a new mod 

Post#1 » by dockingsched » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:31 am

with loserx stepping down, the trade has been flying solo and needs someone to control the constant stickying/de-styckying, etc. any way a current mod can be assigned that will routinely visit the board? there are 3 global mods assigned right now but they're probably too busy and aren't too active.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Re: trade board needs a new mod 

Post#2 » by VintaGe36 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:50 am

Or perhaps some of the trade board "vets" who have experience with the board, and the MANY personalities on it, could be given a chance to moderate and see what happens?

Shrink and dcash4 among others come to mind.

Just an idea?

Furthermore, there is about double the number of topics on the trade board, than on the General Board.

However there's HALF as many posts on the trade board than on the General board.

That points to more threads being locked which points to more mods being needed to keep order.

The Trade board has 3 mods, compared to the GB who has eight.

I know there is a process in selecting a new mod, and I think me and Dcash are just hoping the wheels are in motion.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,679

Post#3 » by Cowology » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:30 am

^Agree with the above 2 posters. With real life intervening in the lives of our mods it's time to get them some help.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#4 » by deeney0 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:02 pm

I agree with all of it. There are too many stickies on the trade board and have been for a while. "GM a Team" ought to have one master sticky or its own sub-board. In general, the trade board could use a bit more of a mod presence since loxerX left, and shrink is an excellent suggestion.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#5 » by Basti » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:47 pm

deeney0 wrote:I agree with all of it. There are too many stickies on the trade board and have been for a while. "GM a Team" ought to have one master sticky or its own sub-board. In general, the trade board could use a bit more of a mod presence since loxerX left, and shrink is an excellent suggestion.

didn't he mention on the wolves board that he wouldn't want to deal with being a mod? I mean I could really imagine seeing him to become a mod and I think he'd do fine but IIRC he mentioned (a few) months ago that he wouldn't want to become a mod. maybe he's to busy being the wolves Vice-President of Basketball operations ;)
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#6 » by Duiz » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:05 am

I think Jazzfan should be given a part-time wage, and he can mod the forum all you want.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#7 » by Howard Mass » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:33 pm

The Trade Board has picked up more than expected for this time of year and the current moderators have had unexpected obligations in their normal lifes pop up.

There will be a interim moderator in place by this weekend and a plan is in place to fill the position sooner than originally planned.

If anyone has questions or concerns, feel free to E-Mail me howard@realgm.com
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#8 » by CellarDoor » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:22 pm

Howard Mass wrote:The Trade Board has picked up more than expected for this time of year and the current moderators have had unexpected obligations in their normal lifes pop up.

There will be a interim moderator in place by this weekend and a plan is in place to fill the position sooner than originally planned.

If anyone has questions or concerns, feel free to E-Mail me howard@realgm.com

Rather than email I would like to see if we can get a little bit of the discussion here we were having on the trade board. It seems one of our biggest concerns is the amount of stickies and the regularity that they are updated. Obviously a mod who doesn't have a life would be ideal :wink: , but since that isn't likely to happen anytime soon, I would suggest a sort of ultimate sticky or two.
For an example see http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=125803
Notebook review is a forum regarding, well, notebooks. One of their forums is devoted to all the hardware which as you can imagine is a lot of different subjects. In order to keep the important threads near the top and promote fluidity they create stickies that have links to important threads within them.
Something like this could even improve the trade board by supplying sticky that has all of the trade game threads, another with free agency and team need threads and whatever else. This could cut down even the highest maintenance games/discussions into just two or three stickies at the top. Then the aforementioned shut-in moderator can just update links within that threat as needed.

The other suggestion we had been floating around was a trade games sub-forum. This is a good idea if it can be moderated, but I have a feeling a forum like that could be pretty high maintenance. As has been mentioned many of us would not mind helping out with this idea. Even if Shrink, who I agree would be a good moderator isn't able to make the commitment there are others (DCash, Vintage, and others) who could help out a little.

I do want to end this post and my first visit to this forum by saying that I think this is a fantastic site and run very well and I appreciate everyone involved and their work on it.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#9 » by Duiz » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:18 am

Nice CellarDoor.. love the options you provided.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#10 » by CellarDoor » Mon Sep 1, 2008 5:29 pm

Duiz wrote:Nice CellarDoor.. love the options you provided.

Thanks. They have since implemented some interim mods. I appreciate the action RGM! As to the sticky, I do wish you would still consider an idea like this. On the trade forum alone it opens up the option of having team trade threads that can all be linked on one sticky. To some extent it might even clean up the team boards random trade ideas too. Additionally there are the aforementioned benefits from the other post regarding trade games and free agency tracking and whatnot.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#11 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:58 pm

haha that was good
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."

Return to Feedback and Suggestions