RealGM Hoop Net Columnist Articles...

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

RealGM Hoop Net Columnist Articles... 

Post#1 » by john2jer » Wed May 13, 2009 1:40 pm

I know everyone has their favorite teams, but what does it take to get an article that's not about Indiana, Cleveland, or Atlanta? Seems that's what pretty much every article is about. The two big ones being Indiana and Atlanta, who both seem to get a new article at least weekly. Is it just that RealGM has their writers, and they stick to mostly their teams, and there's just no one who's a Golden State, Utah, or New Jersey fan that's interested in writing an article? Seems those are the oldest ones if you look at the team column page.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Re: RealGM Hoop Net Columnist Articles... 

Post#2 » by magnumt » Wed May 13, 2009 6:08 pm

I'm redirecting this the Feedback board since it'll likely be heard better and faster there.
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#3 » by Icness » Wed May 13, 2009 6:27 pm

I tried moving it here too but I didn't have the option. Unless we were doing it at the same time...
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#4 » by magnumt » Thu May 14, 2009 5:05 pm

Icness wrote:I tried moving it here too but I didn't have the option. Unless we were doing it at the same time...

In the drop-down Quick Tool, Scroll all the way down to near the bottom...for some reason that's the only area it's not greyed out (I assume that was what you're referring to by no option).
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Post#5 » by Rooster » Wed May 20, 2009 7:36 am

To actually make something of an attempt at answering your question:
-Yes, RealGM's writers tend to write more on certain teams, largely dependent upon fandom and/or writer location.
-Whenever a certain team is in the news more often (trades, etc.), that team is more likely to receive a column.
-Playoff teams will get more coverage this time of year for obvious reasons.

Because RealGM doesn't have a writer designated for each team, it's tough to have consistent offerings in this way. To be honest, I don't know all that much about the situation. I know I, as well as many other writers, don't get to see teams that play halfway across the continent as often, so we wouldn't feel right writing about them.
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 227

Post#6 » by CR Reina » Wed May 20, 2009 3:26 pm

We'll try to mix it up much more and be more consistent with team-focused articles on all 30 clubs. It is definitely something we would like to do more of.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#7 » by john2jer » Thu May 21, 2009 5:54 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing new articles pop up. But a couple of them have left me thinking, "Really? That's what we get added to the site?" And it's usually the 4th article about the same team within a month, while other teams have fallen off the face of the earth.

I appreciate the response, though.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?

Return to Feedback and Suggestions