Women's Basketball board?

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Joseph17
RealGM
And1: 529

Women's Basketball board? 

Post#1 » by Joseph17 » Mon Jul 6, 2009 4:23 pm

I can't understand why realgm doesn't have a women's basketball board. The main sport that realgm focuses on is basketball. It should definitely have a section for the WNBA or women's basketball in general. If you do decide to make one, I'm willing to be the moderator of it.
WesWesley
General Manager
And1: 5

Re: Women's Basketball board? 

Post#2 » by WesWesley » Tue Jul 7, 2009 12:38 am

If there's ever a board that didn't need a moderator, that would be it.
5:26 LAC - B. Davis misses a layup
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Tue Jul 7, 2009 4:18 am

joeyyowee wrote:I can't understand why realgm doesn't have a women's basketball board. The main sport that realgm focuses on is basketball. It should definitely have a section for the WNBA or women's basketball in general. If you do decide to make one, I'm willing to be the moderator of it.

There are plenty of new boards that need to be more active like the MLB, NFL, NHL and the Other Sports. I see no reason for any other boards to be created until the traffic on those boards increase.
The Explorer
RealGM
And1: 2,846

Post#4 » by The Explorer » Tue Jul 7, 2009 4:28 am

HMFFL wrote:
joeyyowee wrote:I can't understand why realgm doesn't have a women's basketball board. The main sport that realgm focuses on is basketball. It should definitely have a section for the WNBA or women's basketball in general. If you do decide to make one, I'm willing to be the moderator of it.

There are plenty of new boards that need to be more active like the MLB, NFL, NHL and the Other Sports. I see no reason for any other boards to be created until the traffic on those boards increase.

Those boards have nothing to do with basketball though, which is the main part of this site. That was his point.
Dry_Fish
RealGM
And1: 8,377

Post#5 » by Dry_Fish » Tue Jul 7, 2009 5:35 am

He just wants to be a mod - boxing is more poplar than women basketball
Joseph17
RealGM

Post#6 » by Joseph17 » Tue Jul 7, 2009 5:47 am

charity stripe wrote:
HMFFL wrote:

Those boards have nothing to do with basketball though, which is the main part of this site. That was his point.

I'm glad that one person understood me.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by HMFFL » Tue Jul 7, 2009 6:51 am

Sound like an outstanding idea and I'm looking forward to a WNBA Trade Checker. :roll:

This site is obviously trying to expand and not just be an NBA forum. Do you even post on the other boards joeyyowee? The WNBA board won't even stand a chance against the Minor Leagues board.
Joseph17
RealGM

Post#8 » by Joseph17 » Tue Jul 7, 2009 9:56 pm

HMFFL wrote:Sound like an outstanding idea and I'm looking forward to a WNBA Trade Checker. :roll:

This site is obviously trying to expand and not just be an NBA forum. Do you even post on the other boards joeyyowee? The WNBA board won't even stand a chance against the Minor Leagues board.

I don't post on the other boards because Basketball is the only sport I like. If I liked the other sports, I'd definitely post on those boards. I would post on the WNBA board also because basketball is basketball regardless of who is playing. Some members of realgm probably watch the WNBA. We occasionally get threads on the general board about WNBA players like Candace Parker. We also get some threads on player comparisons comparing WNBA players to men. I'm not asking for this to become a mod. I'm not even asking you guys to make a trade checker and an individual board for each team. I guess you can just title the forum "Women's Basketball" and leave it like that. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that the WNBA gets more viewers than the NBDL and the other minor leagues.
Dry_Fish
RealGM

Post#9 » by Dry_Fish » Tue Jul 7, 2009 10:26 pm

I think you miss HMFFL point - WNBA related topic should go here

viewforum.php

that place is dying for post
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#10 » by hermes » Tue Jul 7, 2009 10:51 pm

i don't think the WNBA has that big of fan base on this site, i would think that most of the posts there would be of the "wnba stinks" or is a joke varitey
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by HMFFL » Wed Jul 8, 2009 1:56 am

joeyyowee: I enjoy watching the WNBA, but I doubt the board would draw enough traffic.
ARB729
Lead Assistant
And1: 17

Post#12 » by ARB729 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:27 am

thats a lie

no one enjoys the wnba
formerly RedSoxFan729
KFlight
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#13 » by KFlight » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:45 am

Dry_Fish wrote:He just wants to be a mod - boxing is more poplar than women basketball

Table tennis is more popular than womens basketball. Boxing is extremely profitable and still quite popular.

Your attempted joke = epic fail
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by HMFFL » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:01 pm

Try these boards(General Other Sports Talk). viewforum.php?f=255
Dry_Fish
RealGM

Post#15 » by Dry_Fish » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:07 pm

KFlight wrote:
Dry_Fish wrote:He just wants to be a mod - boxing is more poplar than women basketball

Table tennis is more popular than womens basketball. Boxing is extremely profitable and still quite popular.

Your attempted joke = epic fail

okay - I didn't realize every post I make is a joke.

My point was that Boxing which shares a board with MMA doesn't get much discussion so why would a WNBA need it's own board.
thruthefire
Head Coach
And1: 600

Post#16 » by thruthefire » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:31 am

Rebkell is probably the best women's basketball board around. Very active.

I'm not against having one here, but I'd imagine it'd be a lot like ESPN's.
Humble yourself.
CodyB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#17 » by CodyB » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:33 am

I think a WNBA sub-forum wouldn't do any harm. The old "but it isn't popular enough is a **** copout!" This is probably the standard in basketball discussion on the internet and equality should be afforded to fans of the WNBA and Women's basketball.
I love your mum in my shirt

Return to Feedback and Suggestions