Complaint about LittleOzzy

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
LemonHash
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Complaint about LittleOzzy 

Post#21 » by LemonHash » Tue Oct 6, 2009 3:25 pm

NYKnick87 wrote:Little Ozzy is a pretty terrible mod. Here's a classic of his:

LittleOzzy wrote:The Knicks board has been and always will be a horrible forum on RealGM unless they clean it up.

I can't even read it it's so bad, nothing of value on that board in my opinion.

I'd say that it's his lack of reading comprehension that is preventing him from reading and understanding anything on the Knicks board.

Yeah well its just his personality I think, I read in a book somewhere that when you give a "nobody" a bit of power they go crazy with it. There is a good case study in which they took 24 students and made 12 of them 'prisoners' and 12 of the 'prison guards' and within a week the guards were abusing the inmates. Its just human nature for someone that has nothing to go buck wild when they get a tiny bit of authority.

Its human nature, sadly. As was proven by that mod suddenfraud or whatever the 'guys in charge' stick together regardless of the issue. Its a pack mentality, some survival thing from when we lived in caves. Well I can see this is going nowhere and it does not surprise me that Ozzy never came in here to give his take, because lets face it he would look foolish. Instead he gets his buddies to come in here and call me a tool. hah.
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,608

Post#22 » by kyphi » Tue Oct 6, 2009 3:41 pm

You start a topic about a mod, then don't expect other mods to comment?
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,091

Post#23 » by Schad » Tue Oct 6, 2009 3:53 pm

Look at this shmuck trying to bait me into something. Yes I'm a tool, but as far as I know tools are useful and handy to have around which is more than I can say for yourself. If you dont have anything to add then keep your snide remarks to yourself you'd be doing everyone a favour by not stirring the pot.

Heh, not trying to bait you; you started a thread complaining that you are being persecuted by mods and posters alike. I was pointing out that this isn't a power trip by the mods, or some pernicious mob action by non-mod posters. The problem here is you and you alone...you're a tremendous force for the derailment and derangement of threads, a problem exacerbated by the fact that you remain willfully ignorant of your role.

Its human nature, sadly. As was proven by that mod suddenfraud or whatever the 'guys in charge' stick together regardless of the issue. Its a pack mentality, some survival thing from when we lived in caves. Well I can see this is going nowhere and it does not surprise me that Ozzy never came in here to give his take, because lets face it he would look foolish. Instead he gets his buddies to come in here and call me a tool. hah.

No, we actually tend to bicker more than we close ranks. You have created a unique moment of unity.

And suddenfraud doesn't hold a candle to the inspired scrapdoomfraud, which was so good that another poster adopted it as their name. Try again.
**** your asterisk.
LemonHash
Banned User

Post#24 » by LemonHash » Tue Oct 6, 2009 4:34 pm

kyphi wrote:You start a topic about a mod, then don't expect other mods to comment?

I dont care who posts where, I'm not anyones boss. But lets stay on topic instead of bringing up things I did 6 months ago or calling me a tool.

You know when people dont have a solid case they tend to change the argument. We are talking about Ozzy here (well at least I am, everyone else can keep derailing it as far as I care). And right now the argument is changing from LittleOzzys horrible job moderating the forums to me and my horrible personality.

If people are scared to discuss a topic they dont need to act out like that.
LemonHash
Banned User

Post#25 » by LemonHash » Tue Oct 6, 2009 4:46 pm

Schadenfreude wrote:
Look at this shmuck trying to bait me into something. Yes I'm a tool, but as far as I know tools are useful and handy to have around which is more than I can say for yourself. If you dont have anything to add then keep your snide remarks to yourself you'd be doing everyone a favour by not stirring the pot.

Heh, not trying to bait you; you started a thread complaining that you are being persecuted by mods and posters alike. I was pointing out that this isn't a power trip by the mods, or some pernicious mob action by non-mod posters. The problem here is you and you alone...you're a tremendous force for the derailment and derangement of threads, a problem exacerbated by the fact that you remain willfully ignorant of your role.

No, we actually tend to bicker more than we close ranks. You have created a unique moment of unity.

And suddenfraud doesn't hold a candle to the inspired scrapdoomfraud, which was so good that another poster adopted it as their name. Try again.

Not trying to bait me? First of all if you had read the thread instead of just running in here with a full head of steam with a bunch of low level insults you would know that this thread is about LittleOzzy only. Not other posters, not other mods and certainly not yourself. Although anyone is entitled to their wrong opinion yours is just laughable.

scha·den·freu·de
n. Pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

I will assume this means absolutely nothing about your personality and it is just a joke. This thread is a complaint about a certain mod letting things get to his head. Now I dont have a problem with you as a moderator, or yogi or yuri. I think you guys are doing an OK job and dont have an issue with anyone. Now just because I think you're an ignorant jerk thats another story, but it has nothing to do with your job as per the blue writing on your name. If you cant keep your bias out of this as you clearly have shown maybe it would be better if someone impartial would comment on this instead of the accused fraternity brothers.

Oh and just because you guys have lovers quarrels doesnt mean you dont band together when it hits the fan, thats ridiculous for you to say. So far nobody has made comment about my unjust warning issue. If you wanted to warn me about getting a little to graphic in my expression of frustration that would be fine and there wouldnt even be a thread here.

But like I said, when you cant build a solid case you can just change the subject and attack the persons reputation. Works in the court rooms all the time, its called attacking their character and creates a biased for anyone else that comes in here and reads this thread.

Like I said, I dont have a problem with your moderating I just think you're a freaking douchebag.

But if anyone wants to comment on my original complain that would be cool but anyone else that wants to bring up unrelated things and bash my character than I guess those are internal demons you have to battle on your own im not your psychiatrist, although I do play one on TV.

If anyone is ignorant its you, I know exactly whats going on and why. If you seriously think Ozzy is a good moderator then thats your right but dont come in here and bash me and say I deserve it because of past actions. We are talking about Ozzys performance not my personality. But hey some people just cant get away from that sort of stuff.

I'll point out again that I find it queer that ozzy has not commented on this because I know for a fact he has seen this thread. Wouldnt you think if you had nothing to hide you would just explain yourself and make me look stupid? Hmmmm
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#26 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Oct 6, 2009 5:08 pm

LemonHash wrote:Well I can see this is going nowhere and it does not surprise me that Ozzy never came in here to give his take, because lets face it he would look foolish. Instead he gets his buddies to come in here and call me a tool. hah.

The reason I have not replied is because as any good Mod should I am staying out of the discussion when the topic is about me. I'm letting the other Mods as well as the Administrators handle the issue since the complaint is about me. This way I don't let my personal feelings on the subject get involved and the member who made the complaint (You, in this case) gets a fair judgment.

I just wanted to clear that up. I did not in any way request my "buddies" to do anything.
LemonHash
Banned User

Post#27 » by LemonHash » Tue Oct 6, 2009 5:27 pm

Whats your explanation for throwing around warnings like they are candy? Did you think I deserved to be warned for my 'unrelenting backseat moderating' or did you just feel like warning me for 'whatever'.

And I dont see how a thread bashing your moderating job is a reason to stay away? I think this would be a perfect time to explain yourself and perhaps clear the air instead of letting your moderating buddies assume what your motives were.

It just seems to me like you did not want to comment because of something else other than "staying out of the discussion when the topic is about me". If I saw a thread titled "Complaint about LemonHash" I would go in and find out why and then give my side so that its not a one sided debate with one person complaining and other mods saying 'well we are not sure why you got warned for that but you've had a troubled past so im sure you deserve it'.

I dont know I think thats a very weak excuse. And if you really think the job of a 'good moderator' is to ignore all criticism and not create a 2 way communication where misunderstandings can be cleared up than it just gives more credit to my position.

Seriously though, why was I warned for backseat moderating? Have I been doing it so often that you've had enough? Or was it that you just didnt like me or my conduct at that moment and picked anything at random just to warn me? If you wanted to warn me about something concrete like attacking a poster then yeah have at it Hoss, I would be pissed but definitely would not feel wronged like I do now.

See the thing about it is, when someone gets a bit of power there need to be safeguards. If they lock a thread that shouldnt be locked or give out warnings that they shouldnt and nothing happens it just goes to their head that they can do it again without consequence.

I'm not saying you're out to be a jerk on purpose but human psychology is just that, fallible. But your excuse for not defending yourself has got to be a joke, no? I would assume a 'good mod' would never have a problem defending his position or his actions. A good mod would not be hiding behind other mods and site administrators. How can you make a fair judgement without hearing BOTH sides?

Come clean or go home. I dont need you feeding me that junk I wasnt born yesterday.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#28 » by BrooklynBulls » Tue Oct 6, 2009 5:59 pm

The agreed upon policy is for moderators not to respond to posters "calling them out". When you came into the thread, you were not merely questioning the warning, you were questioning the modship. You weren't complaining TO littleozzy, you were complaining about him.

The post was clearly not addressed to him, but rather to complain about him- to respond to it would indicate he has some need to protect himself. Which he does not.

The reason this thread got "derailed" is that you, as a poster, have no reputation to stand upon. I responded to you only because you attacked Bulls moderation in a situation where they were not at fault, and completely justified. Yet still, you complain. This is pertinent in a thread in which you again complain.

You ascribe blame to anyone but yourself, yet the problem lies within you. The moderation staff of two forums have now had a problem with you, yet you continue to be impolite and personal.

This is my final post in this thread, because of the futility of reasoning with an unreasonable poster.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,269

Post#29 » by Yuri Vaultin » Tue Oct 6, 2009 6:52 pm

Lemonhash, I'd like to commend you. The Raptor mods are more polarized than ever right now. Out of all the mods on the Raptors board, one plays devil's advocate more than the rest of us and stands up for the rights of un-popular posters. You can ask any other poster on the Raps forum and they will tell you who that is. Schadenfreude.

How you've been able to have Schad speak up with such bluntness against you is testament to some of the fine work you've done derailing and baiting. I applaud your efforts. You are a virtuoso and have raised (or lowered) the bar admirably.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
LemonHash
Banned User

Post#30 » by LemonHash » Tue Oct 6, 2009 7:01 pm

yuri: you should go write childrens books, you're wasting your time here.

brooklyn: how am i not taking any blame? I said that if i got warned for attacking posters i would have accepted it. the only reason i mentioned the bulls incident was because i didnt agree with it but i could see where they were coming from so i had no issue with it. live and learn right? i havent been back or had any problems with you. correct me if im mistaken.

if nobody wants to discuss the issue then there must be a reason. im sure everyone agrees with me but its not PC to say so. that warning was ridiculous.

ridiculous.

such a ridiculous warning.

you're backseat moderating to the point of having to be warned about it. Sure bud.
Rendezvous
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#31 » by Rendezvous » Tue Oct 6, 2009 8:29 pm

Dude just forget about it
LemonHash
Banned User

Post#32 » by LemonHash » Tue Oct 6, 2009 8:45 pm

People cant be throwing around warnings willy nilly, thats insane man. Insane.
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by kyphi » Tue Oct 6, 2009 9:01 pm

Lemon, I don't know you from squat - from what I've read, you are getting way too caught up with a message board. And that causes me to think there is at least one other area in your life that you can't control. I so want the PM's to be able to work - this could have been avoided, I hope.
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by kyphi » Tue Oct 6, 2009 9:06 pm

btw, lemonhash - mustard tiger - damn good names
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,029
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#35 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Oct 6, 2009 9:08 pm

Kyphi, I added a warning to your profile for derailing this thread.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by kyphi » Tue Oct 6, 2009 9:26 pm

YAY! I sure miss those 51 comments I use to have on my profile.
LemonHash
Banned User

Post#37 » by LemonHash » Tue Oct 6, 2009 9:29 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Kyphi, I added a warning to your profile for derailing this thread.

lol
LemonHash
Banned User

Post#38 » by LemonHash » Tue Oct 6, 2009 9:30 pm

kyphi wrote:Lemon, I don't know you from squat - from what I've read, you are getting way too caught up with a message board. And that causes me to think there is at least one other area in your life that you can't control. I so want the PM's to be able to work - this could have been avoided, I hope.

you're right, i shouldnt care this much and ive already said my peace so ill leave it at that

kyphi wrote:btw, lemonhash - mustard tiger - damn good names

thanks
Rendezvous
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#39 » by Rendezvous » Tue Oct 6, 2009 10:35 pm

LemonHash wrote:People cant be throwing around warnings willy nilly, thats insane man. Insane.

I know but i guess you gotta live with it.
disoblige
Head Coach
And1: 772

Post#40 » by disoblige » Wed Oct 7, 2009 3:06 pm

LemonHash wrote:yuri: you should go write childrens books, you're wasting your time here.

this is baiting.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions